• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Big Men in FAcy... You rankem...

Diesel

• Premium Member

Just want to see how the Hawksquawk  rank these possible Bigs  (PFs, Cs)in FAcy.   Ranking should be best on Price, Fit, Potential, and Skill.   I didn't use age because that's a part of Potential.

Here's the names.

A. Ajinca, C. Aldrich, L. Aldridge, L. Amundson, O. Asik, A. Bargnani, E. Barron,  B. Bass, M. Beasley,  C. Boozer,  T. Chandler, G. Davis,  R. Evans, M. Gasol, D. Gooden,  R. Hibbert, R. Hollins, D. Jordan, E. Kanter,  K. Koufos,  B. Lopez, K. Love, P.  Millsap, G. Monroe, T. Robinson,  L. Scola, K. Seraphin,  J. Smith, H. Sims, G. Steimsma,  A. Stoudemire, T. Thompson, D. West, B. Wright.

I know it's a lot of names, so let's make it easy...

Top 8!

• Premium Member

1. Marc Gasol

2. LaMarcus Aldridge

3. Paul Millsap

4. Greg Monroe

5. Tyson Chandler

6. Brook Lopez

7. Tristan Thompson

8. DeAndre Jordan

You know I have to ask.  Any reason why you have Jordan so Low?

1. M. Gasol

2. LMA

3. SAP

4. Love

5. Jordan

6. Tristan Thompson

7. Kanter

8. O. Asik

You know I have to ask:  what role do you see Kevin Love playing here?

You know I have to ask.  Any reason why you have Jordan so Low?

You know I have to ask:  what role do you see Kevin Love playing here?

Has no offensive game whatsoever, and he can hurt your team down the stretch in a close game in the 4th quarter if the opposing team chooses to deploy the Hack-A-Shaq strategy.

You know I have to ask. Any reason why you have Jordan so Low?

You know I have to ask: what role do you see Kevin Love playing here?

I'm not in love with Love, but the guy is a deadly outside shooter and would open up the court for Teague, Horford and even free up more space for Korver. Having said that, I only want one of my top 3 guys to be a Hawk. Ps Luis Scola almost cracked the top 8. He plays with so much heart.

• Premium Member

Has no offensive game whatsoever, and he can hurt your team down the stretch in a close game in the 4th quarter if the opposing team chooses to deploy the Hack-A-Shaq strategy.

No doubt abou that.  His rebounding and shot blocking on our team though would make us hard to keep up with during the first three quarters of the game.

So let's envision.

D. Jordan + Horford on defense? We're stopping most people and getting lots of boards.

On offense, he would play low post, Horf High Post, and a range of shooters.

Bottom line for me is this...He's not as good offensively as Sap.  He would give us more boards and for me, 2nd chance shots is what killed us all season.  Still, same money, I'd probably try to keep sap and find a shot blocker/rebounder on the cheap? 

• Premium Member

I'm not in love with Love, but the guy is a deadly outside shooter and would open up the court for Teague, Horford and even free up more space for Korver. Having said that, I only want one of my top 3 guys to be a Hawk. Ps Luis Scola almost cracked the top 8. He plays with so much heart.

Love is a guy who, if he can find his role, will contribute but I think we seek defense first. I honestly don't know how good Love really is anymore.  Was it the big fish in the small pond thing?  That's not saying that he wouldn't  fit here.  He still shot about 37% from three last season.

Love is a guy who, if he can find his role, will contribute but I think we seek defense first. I honestly don't know how good Love really is anymore. Was it the big fish in the small pond thing? That's not saying that he wouldn't fit here. He still shot about 37% from three last season.

Well you said pick 8 guys. If it were up to me I woulda picked 3...

Gasol

Love

Millsap

LMA

Love is far better than he was able to show last year.  It's not his fault that he played with an ego maniac that refuses to get him the ball in a variety of spots and instead turned him in to a straight stretch 4. 

Love gets a bump since he is far younger than the rest of the group and is easily the best shooter out of the group.  Acquiring Love would also immediately make our biggest opponent in the East weaker and they wouldn't have cap space available to replace him.

I have Millsap over LMA due to the extra cap room.

Edited by JETSET

Gasol (a wet dream, I know)

LMA (wouldn't be the worst free agent pickup in the world)

Millsap (duh)

Jordan (his defense and rebounding cannot be ignored)

Monroe (has the tools; the want to, well...)

Love (as Ferry would say, has a little 'SAR' in him; or was it Lebron?)

Lopez, B. (looks great at times but cracks like fine china)

Thompson (his playoff run will get him paid by somebody)

Kanter (gets nimbers but his defense leaves a lot to be desired)

• Premium Member

1. Aldridge

2. Gasol

3. Jordan

4. Thompson

5. Love

6. Monroe

7. Milsap

8. Lopez

9. Kanter

Alright coach... Everybody wants to know... Thompson over Love... I agree in some offenses.  However, how do you see Thompson or Kanter working for us?

Alright coach... Everybody wants to know... Thompson over Love... I agree in some offenses.  However, how do you see Thompson or Kanter working for us?

Love fits our offense great. No argument there.

I don't like Love's defense at all. He can't defend pick and rolls or face up 4's and he doesn't have the length to play Center or protect the rim.

If playing for the Hawks, I see Thompson playing exclusively at C with Horford at PF. Thompson would hurt some offensive spacing but I think he would rebound 10+ per game and protect the rim. I LOVE Thompson's ability to defend the pick and roll, for a center, and his ability to defend in space. Thompson has better lateral quickness to defend face up players too. His length causes problems in the paint as well. All traits Love simply lacks.

I really don't want Kanter or Lopez on our team. I want a mobile center who can defend the pick and rolls and face up players......as well as the length to bother shots in the paint. I also like Triston's motor. He played heavy minutes in the playoffs with high energy.

Edited by coachx

• Premium Member

RkPlayerSeasonAgeGGSMPFGFGAFG%3P3PA3P%2P2PA2P%eFG%FTFTAFT%ORBDRBTRBASTSTLBLKTOVPFPTS
1LaMarcus Aldridge2014-1529717135.49.319.9.4660.51.5.3528.818.5.475.4794.35.1.8452.57.710.21.70.71.01.71.823.4
2Derrick Favors2014-1523747430.86.512.4.5250.00.1.1676.512.3.527.5263.04.5.6692.65.68.21.50.81.71.62.816.0
3Kevin Love2014-1526757533.85.512.7.4341.95.2.3673.67.5.480.5093.44.3.8041.97.99.72.20.70.51.61.916.4
4Paul Millsap2014-1529737332.76.112.7.4761.13.0.3565.09.8.513.5183.54.6.7571.95.97.83.11.80.92.32.816.7
Provided by Basketball-Reference.com: View Original Table
Generated 6/25/2015.