• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Hawks = Team of Rejects... This is how FAcy will go.

Diesel

• Premium Member

Just thinking about the makeup of our team who were not drafted...

Korver = Rejected by Bulls.  Dropped for Cash.

Millsap = Rejected by Jazz.  Renounced his contract to sign Favors.

DMC = Released by Jazz.  See Millsap.

Bazemore = Lakers didn't care either way.

Daye = Cut by Spurs Midseason.

THJr = rejected by new coach.

So what does this mean for Free Agency?

As the dieselputer stare into FAcy with the players involved, here's the rejects I see:

Tyson Chandler will be renounced by Dallas.

Tristen Thompson is a player that can be gently pryed from Cleveland. (Love effect)

Tobias Harris.  Last Night the Magic basically told him goodbye when they draft Super Mario.

Pekovic.  I know he's not a free agent, but I bet you can get him for a few second rounders and an Exception.

Greg Monroe.  I'm willing to bet that Detroit doesn't send an offer his way.

Terrance Jones. He will be traded before the end of FAcy.

Roy Hibbert.  This dude had that gall to opt out??  People in Indy were cheering.

Wesley Johnson.  He has played his last game as a Laker.

Michael Beasley.  Is Wade County still Wade County?

Gary Neal - Another TWolves Casualty.

So... here's how I can see it going. 

We bring back Sap and DMC.

Or

We renounce DMC and make an offer to Harris and bring back Sap.

Or

We bring back Sap and DMC and get Chandler to sign a MLE.

Or

We

bring back Sap and DMC and we get Beasley on a cheap contract.

Edited by Diesel

Nice to see you have thought this out Diesel. Now looking at your possibilities you honestly feel any of them are going to cut the gap between the Cavs and the Hawks?  Where's the rebounding, the shooters who can get their own shot off. If those are the choices I'd go with bringing in Chandler. Horf could go to pf since Milsap can't guard bigger pfs.Still think the team lacks talent and it won't magically find it with the small additions you mentioned. Also this team lacks clutch shooters. Most of the team looked like deer in headlights come crunch time vs the Cavs at the end of games. Finally Teague stepped up looked decent but there is no killer instinct. Alot of the players looked like they were going through the motions. Where is the fire? Even a healthy Hawks team would be lucky to win one game vs the Cavs.

I think we need versatility. Everyone wants to talk about the Warriors small lineup, but thats not what made them successful all year. Their ability to match and change styles constantly is what makes them special. Last season the hawks were stuck as an undersized jump shooting "finesse" team. When Horford went out, Pero came in. When Millsap went out, Scott came in. Nothing new was added from our bench. I think getting Tyson Chandler would allow us to go "big" and defensive, which would match well with our regular small and athletic lineup. Im more on the Robin Lopez train, but he would cost Millsap or Carroll. 

Having the option to go 

Teague

Hardaway

Carroll

Horford

Chandler 

when we want to go big would be great. We add the ability to rebound and defend the paint, while also keeping the finesse that we were successful with. 

Edited by Afro

Nice to see you have thought this out Diesel. Now looking at your possibilities you honestly feel any of them are going to cut the gap between the Cavs and the Hawks?  Where's the rebounding, the shooters who can get their own shot off. If those are the choices I'd go with bringing in Chandler. Horf could go to pf since Milsap can't guard bigger pfs.Still think the team lacks talent and it won't magically find it with the small additions you mentioned. Also this team lacks clutch shooters. Most of the team looked like deer in headlights come crunch time vs the Cavs at the end of games. Finally Teague stepped up looked decent but there is no killer instinct. Alot of the players looked like they were going through the motions. Where is the fire? Even a healthy Hawks team would be lucky to win one game vs the Cavs.

You mean... You don't think Tim Hardaway Jr will be enough to beat Cleveland? You must not have any faith in Bud.

• Like 2

I think we need versatility. Everyone wants to talk about the Warriors small lineup, but thats not what made them successful all year. Their ability to match and change styles constantly is what makes them special. Last season the hawks were stuck as an undersized jump shooting "finesse" team. When Horford went out, Pero came in. When Millsap went out, Scott came in. Nothing new was added from our bench. I think getting Tyson Chandler would allow us to go "big" and defensive, which would match well with our regular small and athletic lineup. Im more on the Robin Lopez train, but he would cost Millsap or Carroll. 

Having the option to go 

Teague

Hardaway

Carroll

Horford

Chandler 

when we want to go big would be great. We add the ability to rebound and defend the paint, while also keeping the finesse that we were successful with. 

Plus, the Hawks shooters are mostly limited to 3pt shooting. There is no Mano type of player, and I don't think Tim Hardaway Jr will become that type of player. He might shoot better and become a little better on the defensive end, but that's about all his potential is.

I don't understand why Bud likes these shooters that can't do anything if you get up in their grill and guard them tight.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/238420/Tobias-Harris-To-Pursue-Near-Max-Deal-With-Pistons-Celtics-Among-Leading-Suitors

Tobias Harris To Pursue Near Max Deal With Pistons, Celtics Among Leading Suitors

Around the NBA, several teams are believed to be open to preparing a near-max contract for Harris — which could approach $15 million-plus per season

Your right Hotlanta. Hawks shooting guards are limited in what they can do. Bud likes guards who can hit the long range shots but once you get in their face and take away their shot then they are limited. They can't drive by their defender and take it to the hoop. 

• Premium Member

No fire.

So you mean we looked like the spurs anytime they lost?

I think you want to remold us back into the mold of the star player... soon it will be back to isolation ball.  Stick with Bud and let's see where this goes.  Maybe to something that's never been done before... and wins.

Yeah, keep forgetting he boards like a little girl.

Also he's always injured and doesn't really fit our style of play. If I was a fan of the 97 Cleveland Cavs who slowed down the game he'd be perfect. Lol

Word is Nets will offer BLopez a 3yr/$60 million extension.

Their owner has a lot more money than basketball savvy. He will have as much luck unloading that contract , and he will want to, as he did unloading JJ's.

Edited by Buzzard

Just thinking about the makeup of our team who were not drafted...

Korver = Rejected by Bulls.  Dropped for Cash.

Millsap = Rejected by Jazz.  Renounced his contract to sign Favors.

DMC = Released by Jazz.  See Millsap.

Bazemore = Lakers didn't care either way.

Daye = Cut by Spurs Midseason.

THJr = rejected by new coach.

So what does this mean for Free Agency?

As the dieselputer stare into FAcy with the players involved, here's the rejects I see:

Tyson Chandler will be renounced by Dallas.

Tristen Thompson is a player that can be gently pryed from Cleveland. (Love effect)

Tobias Harris.  Last Night the Magic basically told him goodbye when they draft Super Mario.

Pekovic.  I know he's not a free agent, but I bet you can get him for a few second rounders and an Exception.

Greg Monroe.  I'm willing to bet that Detroit doesn't send an offer his way.

Terrance Jones. He will be traded before the end of FAcy.

Roy Hibbert.  This dude had that gall to opt out??  People in Indy were cheering.

Wesley Johnson.  He has played his last game as a Laker.

Michael Beasley.  Is Wade County still Wade County?

Gary Neal - Another TWolves Casualty.

So... here's how I can see it going. 

We bring back Sap and DMC.

Or

We renounce DMC and make an offer to Harris and bring back Sap.

Or

We bring back Sap and DMC and get Chandler to sign a MLE.

Or

We

bring back Sap and DMC and we get Beasley on a cheap contract.

Chandler - Dallas' backup plan if they strike out on DeAndre.

Thompson - wants the max/close to max, too expensive for the Hawks.

Harris - wants the max, too expensive for the Hawks

Pekovic - He can't stay healthy and his contract is bad.

Monroe - he wants the max

Terrence Jones - Hawks may could get him.

Hibbert - His contract is bad.

Johnson - He may be better off overseas.

Beasley - he's loyal to the Heat.

Neal - I could see him going to ATL.