• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Tiago Splitter traded to hawks

GrimeyKidd

Splitter has to start, right?

Still think we will and should sign Millsap, assuming there is no better option to take that money. Allows us to play big or small, and not play the 30 year old guys big minutes.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• Moderators

They needed the space to get Aldridge

If anything we should get a pick for helping them out

That is my hope.  If we give anything particularly significant (like a future first), I will be upset.

Moose won't be a starter next year. He needs to bulken up or else he'll get pushed around the paint for 30 minutes.

I never said he will START. What im saying is with Pero gone, and the possibility of Sap leaving, Moose just became that much more important for the Hawks.

• Like 1

• Moderators

I am guessing that we used our cap space to get him without sending any contracts back to the Spurs. In this case we should have very little cap space left and we can resign Millsap only with his early Bird rights, which is about 16 mil per year. I guess this means Millsap is gone to Orlando unless we open up more space by other trades.

Dealing our draft rights to Sergiy Gladyr sounds about right.

All things being equal big player > smaller player

We needed some bigs and this guy is better than anything we ran out there last year. Playing Horford and this guy together will make the Hawks look like a professional basketball team for the first time in several years.

So the team that won 60 games didn't look like a professional basketball team last year?

I would say that Millsap and Splitter's skill levels are nowhere close to being equal.

I like the trade but we are still better off if Millsap resigns and Splitter comes off the bench.

• Moderators

I read Tiago is using our cap space which means Millsap can only come back at eb contract, not at 80M

So he prolly leaves for Orlando now

I don't think that will be a problem.  Splitter only takes up $8.5M in cap space next year.  We can make room for Sap and that contract without too much problem.

• Like 1

How bout Snt Milsap for Harris and sign Kostas Koustas?

I'm not a Harris fan.  Kinda hoping Utah steps up and we get to SnT Sap there for Favors.

Tiago is hot garbage. This FO is destroying this team

Bull. Tiago is perfect in this system, rebounds and defends well, excellent passer, low ego. Good around the rim. Bargain contract too. I'm thrilled with him. Add Millsap and that is a great front court. Go bargain hunting for the next DMC.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

• Like 2