• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Tiago Splitter traded to hawks

GrimeyKidd

SF is a big hole right now. Thabo is injured and not starter material. Baze doesn't have the size to play SF as well.

I mentioned this hours ago after DMC headed north. And most of the guys left over (save for Tobias, who's restricted) make Demarre look like effin Lebron in comparison. The very thought of having Thabo start after recovering from a broken leg or Bazemore is making me reach for the Tums...

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Deja vu? Like how signing Thabo and DMC and Korver were awful scrub signings...

I was always positive about signing DMC. The only reason I didn't want them to resign Korver was because I wanted the team to tank for a chance at an epic rookie draft. Thabo was straight garbage the first few months of this season before finally getting it going. And when he did I admitted more than once I was wrong because his play on the court proved otherwise.

Don't get things twisted.

Find me the "holes" in this roster (10-deep):

PG - all-star, Jeff Teague - backup - Dennis

SG - all-star, Kyle Korver - backup - Tim Hardaway Jr.

SF - Thabo Shef. - backup - Baze

PF - all-star Paul Millsap - backup - other players as assigned depending on rotations

C -  all-star AL Horford - backup - Tiago Splitter and Mike "Moose" Muscala

That's not even counting Mack who is a great emergency guard.

People aint stupid. They know thats not gonna win the East. In fact, Toronto has just stepped in front of the Hawks. Hawks are about a 4 or 5 seed right now.

Doesn't look like the Hawks have cut the gap between them and the Cavs. So much for winning 60 games and proof Atlanta is legit. I want to be wrong but I don't see free agents knocking on the door and other teams want to pick apart the Hawks taking players. Scott and Mack need to go to clear cap space. The team needs to be stronger.

I was always positive about signing DMC. The only reason I didn't want them to resign Korver was because I wanted the team to tank for a chance at an epic rookie draft. Thabo was straight garbage the first few months of this season before finally getting it going. And when he did I admitted more than once I was wrong because his play on the court proved otherwise.

Don't get things twisted.

Oh man. I completely forgot how bad Thabo was early season. Woahh boy he was terrible

• Like 1

Deja vu? Like how signing Thabo and DMC and Korver were awful scrub signings...

Yeah, some of these Miserable Ones NEVER learn. And they like it that way...

• Like 1

Seriously scout5?...seriously?

DMC did great here and went elsewhere and go paid.  While he was maybe our best player in the playoffs - he was the only starter who did not make the all-star team.   I don't call that being "picked apart"..stuff happens and good for DMC.

Otherwise - we just exchanged Pero Antić for Tiago Splitter as our backup Center.

It doesn't matter if Splitter is underpaid or overpaid - we got him and he is a pretty serious talent upgrade from Pero.

Man I would hate to be the wife of about half the guys on this board...they probably give their wife sh!t when she comes home from the store with Clorox instead of the generic bleach.

Picked apart other teams signing your players.All it takes is one owner dishing out a ridculous amount and you lose that player. Orlando is trying to take Sap.When do we see the Hawks trying to go on the offense and taking players from other teams?

• Like 1

Cavs, Heat, Raptors , Bulls, Wizards

Lol I give you the Cavs MAYBE, the others really aren't proven to be any better than last year. Raptors might be better but demarre doesn't make them better than us at all.

This is basically the same list people showed me last off-season and we see how that went...

• Like 1

• Premium Member

With Tiago being overpaid and soon Millsap our Offseason is over and Our roster is covered with holes.

I can guarantee you the number of holes 

This is quite possibly the most absurd comment I have ever read ok.gif  ...overpaid?  Seriously?

Well, I'd still rather hear absurds like that than to be deaf... This guy is a thousand times worse than Alex, lol. 

on the roster will be WAY LESS than the 

Picked apart other teams signing your players.All it takes is one owner dishing out a ridculous amount and you lose that player. Orlando is trying to take Sap.When do we see the Hawks trying to go on the offense and taking players from other teams?

We would be on the offensive if we didn't have two of our studs in FA and a very limited cap. So the short contracts minimized the risk or DMC and Sap being huge busts and drags on our Cap for 3+ years, but since they were both studs the 2 yr. contracts actually kicked our butts and now we are dealing with it.

We all know that no team in the east will ever be able to measure

up to Cleveland and The King. 

We're still in shock that the NBA allowed them to lose the finals.

Hawks will never be able to beat Cleveland again - - Not ever!  Maybe

when The King retires.  Until then, forget it.  Everyone, except Cleveland

in the east, is a D league team.

There.  Everyone happy now?  Go.  Root for the Cavs.

GO ATLANTA HAWKS!  (Some of us still love you!)

• Like 4

Huh? you always want to measure yourself against the king of the hill. No one is saying cheer for the Cavs. As a fan you want your team to be better and I don't see the Hawks closing the gap. I guess we should be happy just making the playoffs like the Hawks do about every year and getting bounced out at some point.