• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

If Sap and DMC are both gone does this mean we are still not close to a destination?

HawkItus

• Premium Member

Seeing the crazy money spent by teams such as Cavaliers, I would be shocked if Warriors do not match whatever is offered for Green.

For him to break off talks, it means that they lowballed him. IF we lose Paul, send that 80 to Green with a frontload that puts them into the luxury.

For him to break off talks, it means that they lowballed him. IF we lose Paul, send that 80 to Green with a frontload that puts them into the luxury.

Where does it say he broke off talks?

Breaking off the talks is probably a power play. They simply can't afford to lose Green at any cost.

Paul Millsap will be a Hawk next year...or I'm a Monkey's Uncle bedtime2.gif

P.S. - for our resident "capologists"...does it make any difference if we sign Paul Millsap early or late as far as F/A options?  I mean if he is willing to take Early Bird rights  $$ can we sign another free agent and then go over the cap for him?

Edited by DJlaysitup

Just means the Hawks aint SERIOUS about winning a championship. Money talks. They havent even APPROACHED any of the top tier free agents.

It hasn't even been a full 24 hours since FAcy started though....

for everybody that is skipping past the posts quickly on this very fast day of NBA news - please look at my post above that I modified - just a question. Thanks.

Actually that was silly - here is my question:

P.S. - for our resident "capologists"...does it make any difference if we sign Paul Millsap early or late as far as F/A options?  I mean if he is willing to take Early Bird rights  $$ can we sign another free agent and then go over the cap for him?

Edited by DJlaysitup

• Premium Member

Again, same disclaimer... I'm not a capologist, but I play one on TV...

Technically, you would agree to terms with Millsap at the 16.6m, then go out shopping with your cap room... however.... ORL is offering about 25% more than that, so I'm thinking the early bird hopes are dashed at this point. If Sap signs with cap room, we'd have to clear some additional space somehow.

Edited by sturt

Again, same disclaimer... I'm not a capologist, but I play one on TV...

Technically, you would agree to terms with Millsap at the 16.6m, then go out shopping with your cap room... however.... ORL is offering about 25% more than that, so I'm thinking the early bird hopes are dashed at this point. If Sap signs with cap room, we'd have to clear some additional space somehow.

Well that royally sucks.

It means going back to 43 wins and fighting for the 7th seed again. No free agent available replaces the production of Millsap and DMC unless LMA knows something we don't. Or they get Harris and he and Horford play out of their minds...

• Like 1