• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Mike Scott

bigjmw84

If we cant swing a notable wing in FA Scott might be the most realistic option to platoon instead of reaching. He is not the best defender but he has good size and can score. The playoffs left a sour taste in our mouth for sure, but he brings offense and familiarity with the scheme. He is much better than what we saw in The playoffs

Edited by bigjmw84

I view Scott like I view Mack. Both are nice bench players who could be important if there are injuries but they start the season as luxuries. If we can pick up a starting SF for one or both of them then I pull the trigger in a heartbeat.

Same...we get a Corey Brewer/Tayshaun pull it.

Someone here did a nice article about his production this year. I thought he had fallen off but was pretty consistent with what he did the year before minus a monster road playoff game.

I can see a scenario where a trade involving him would benefit both teams. I still view us as a defensive team when healthy, he just hurts too much on that end. A team that wants to speed pace a bit with a cheap tweener forward would love to have him. He's a great replacement to a Vince Carter in Memphis.

I can't take his progressive shot selection when he's off. That confidence that he and Bud has in him dug too many holes. Those missed Antawn Jamison bunny push shots kill me too when he's too short to rebound them. I really like the dude, just don't see him as a championship piece.

Edited by benhillboy

• Premium Member

I view Scott like I view Mack.  Both are nice bench players who could be important if there are injuries but they start the season as luxuries.  If we can pick up a starting SF for one or both of them then I pull the trigger in a heartbeat.

There's really only one reasonable SF option in the entire league who would cost us both Scott and Mack to obtain (ie, more than Scott, which is ~$5m, and less than a contract that the two together could bring back, which is ~$8.6m), and that's Wilson Chandler.

Hard to figure where they're going right now in terms of roster construction. The Ty Lawson thing is still hanging out there, and seemingly they're locked-in on making a move there before they do anything else. They were talking with SAC before, but that appears to be an unlikely option at this point given that SAC has traded off movable assets for cap space in their pursuit of Rondo. If they fail to get Rondo, things get interesting on that front.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Scott's defense has improved. He had an off year shooting the basketball. He is a better rebounder than people give him credit for. He is still developing and I say we can give him a shot at small forward.

• Like 1

Scott is a streaky chucker. Would not be mad at all if he is traded. Does not matter anyway cause Moose is gonna get his minutes from now on

• Like 1

Remember this?

He can do this. He had a bad year and an even worse playoff performance this year. I'd like to keep him for another year as a 10th or 11th option because he has the potential to get HOT.

As for Mack...I like him, but we have Jeff and Dennis. A third PG is purely a luxury...

Edited by Blazemore

So many body parts, so many malfunctions... was it his foot that gave Scott problems last year?

He may have never fully recovered from the injury that held him out of the lineup for most of March.  He was 11/51 (21.5%) from 3 in April and the playoffs.  He was a more respectable 59/167 (35.3%) from 3 before the injury.  

It was really a night and day difference for Scott at the beginning and end of the year. 

Pre all-star break he was 53/133 from 3 or 39.8%

Post all-star break he was 17/85 from 3 or 20%

Pre all-star Scott is a huge asset to this team.  Post all-star Scott needs to be traded for depth at SF.

Remember this?

He can do this.

The problem there is two-fold.

1) That shooting is all he brings to the table. And he has to be covered up on defense because he sucks at it.

2) Those great shooting performances are few and far between. If his shot isn't falling, then he's a detriment to the team in a big way. And by my guesstimation, his shot is falling about one out of every 5 or 6 bad games.

A total waste of a roster spot whose salary we need more right now on players that don't suck.