• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Too much draft hate blinds Squa(w)kers...

Diesel

• Premium Member

I hear the talk day in and day out about a Sf here.

Too many squawkers are blind to the fact that we got THJr.

Between THJr and Scott with Thabo coming later, I believe our Sf spot is filled.

Klay Thomopson = 6'7" 205. 

Tim Hardaway Jr = 6'6" 205.

Rk Player Season Age G GS MP FG FGA FG% 3P 3PA 3P% 2P 2PA 2P% eFG% FT FTA FT% ORB DRB TRB AST STL BLK TOV PF PTS
1 Tim Hardaway 2014-15 22 70 30 24.0 4.0 10.2 .389 1.7 5.1 .342 2.3 5.2 .435 .474 1.8 2.2 .801 0.2 2.1 2.2 1.8 0.3 0.2 1.2 1.7 11.5
2 Klay Thompson 2012-13 22 82 82 35.8 6.2 14.7 .422 2.6 6.4 .401 3.6 8.3 .437 .509 1.6 1.9 .841 0.4 3.3 3.7 2.2 1.0 0.5 1.9 2.9 16.6
Provided by Basketball-Reference.com: View Original Table
Generated 7/6/2015.

• Premium Member

Klay is a SG and so is Tim.

I don't think there's a great different these days between SG and Sf.

I mean, aside from Lebron and Melo, both of whom can be PFs, the Sfs in this league aren't so big anymore.

I mean, Iguodala played against Lebron this past finals.  He's 6'6" 207.

The thing is that the post up game has disappeared and most Sfs are shooters.   So defensively, weather you're 6'6" or 6'8, it doesn't matter that much. Sure, everybody would love to have a Paul George, but that why you have matchups.

• Premium Member

Klay is a SG and so is Tim.

Moreover, for bigger guys like Leonard, George, Melo, and Lebron... we may just have to train Mike Scott to play better defense.

Oh, we did that...

In his third season with Atlanta, Mike Scott once again proved to be a valuable bench asset for Head Coach Mike Budenholzer.  After a breakout 2013-14 campaign that saw him appear in 80 of the team’s 82 games, Scott appeared in 68 this season before injuries slowed him down at the end.

In 17 minutes per contest, Scott averaged 7.8 points, 2.9 rebounds and 1.1 assists.  The assist average actually increased from the year prior despite fewer minutes per game, and he also improved his three-point percentage, going from 31% in 2013-14 to 34.4% this season.

Where the numbers show Scott really improved is defensively.  One thing he worked hard at over the summer was improving his foot speed to defend both bigs and wings, and the numbers show he did indeed improve.  In 2013-14, opponents shot 48.3% against him, and they shot just 42.1% with him defending this season.  He also had a net rating of 1.1 this season, up from -6.3 in 2013-14.

No matter how you slice it, Scott improved his all-around game this season, which is something the Hawks have to love.  He has increased his productivity in each of his first three seasons in the league and is becoming one of the second round gems the Hawks are happy to have.  Look for him to play the similar bench “stretch 4” role in 2015-16.

Comeon Ladybird... Back that up with something?? I gave you Iguadala. I can also give you Bruce Bowen... played Sf at 6'6" 208.

Not all SF are created equal.

Bruce was 6'-7"

Not all SG can play SF.

Edited by JayBirdHawk

• Moderators

Why are we comparing raw height like Penny and the Chuck Wagon were comparable? Come on guys. We are better than this with the Sap at SF (not on spot basis) or focusing on how one 6'7'' guy compares to another while ignoring much more significant differences. THJ needs to guard whoever is the worst wing on the other team and should never ever guard a good sf.

In our offense there is NO difference between the 2 and 3. On defense however there is a difference. THJ can't guard 3's in this league IMO.