• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Austin Team Limits

lethalweapon3

I cheered like a mark when BK and Babs lost their jobs. Same for Woody, LD, Weiss, Kruger, along with the litany of jabrones they called themselves coaching. It isn't as if any of them were getting paid $22k a year with no health benefits; I'm pretty sure that the $$$ they stole...err...made here was enough to skate by.

As Herman Edwards once said, professional sports isn't a career; it's an opportunity. It's pay or play. If you don't perform, well...

What the hell is wrong with you? Don't ever cheer for another man losing his job again. How disrespectful. Daye might be gone and it was expected but this wasn't necessary. We all knew his time was coming but celebrating it is not cool.

Dude has made enough to retire for life. I dont feel sorry.

• Moderators

Dude has made enough to retire for life. I dont feel sorry.

No he hasn't.  To retire for life in your 20's you would have to have a ton more money than Daye has earned.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Can't retire NOW... but will certainly be able to retire EARLY... hundreds of thousands of dollars early in your life could easily allow one to retire in his mid 40s with good planning.

Don't feel sorry for him b/c it's a business, and it's part of the deal. Also have little doubt he's not done making money somewhere... maybe he gets a better offer overseas, though.

Edited by sturt

No he hasn't. To retire for life in your 20's you would have to have a ton more money than Daye has earned.

This dude has made over $10m in total over six seasons in the NBA. Why doesn't he have enough to retire? Are you kidding me! I have no sympathy for him. Especially, when I compare my yearly income with his..

• Like 1

• Moderators

This dude has made over $10m in total over six seasons in the NBA. Why doesn't he have enough to retire? Are you kidding me! I have no sympathy for him. Especially, when I compare my yearly income with his..

Wow.  I didn't realize he had made that much.  I thought his career earnings were south of $3M.  I would still bet heavily that he isn't in a position to retire for life but he should be very comfortable right now if he has been responsible with his money.

Wow. I didn't realize he had made that much. I thought his career earnings were south of $3M. I would still bet heavily that he isn't in a position to retire for life but he should be very comfortable right now if he has been responsible with his money.

Yeah, I wasn't expecting those earning either. Haha. Talking about someone laughing on the way to the bank. And he's a smart kid so I'm sure he's diversified his financials.

Hand down.. Man down..