• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

ESPN SAID 12 TEAMS IN THE EASTERN CONFERENCE HAD A BETTER OFFSEASON THAN THE HAWKS...

atlhawks1

well I look at it like this.  ESPN has told we aren't serious contenders for years.  They have been right.  They said GSW would win it all easy.  Right.  Said Lebron would win the east easy.  Yep.  They just might know a little something.   They got our regular season wrong so who knows.  But, this isn't just a random opinion from a fan being reported here.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

It is an informed opinion. I'll give you that. But there are informed opinions here, too. Unless/until someone is so good at that kind of analysis that an actual NBA team wants to employ them as a scout, coach or GM, I'm not prepared to anoint any media person as having anything more than a status equal to fans I've come to respect.

Our improvement gets a "C"?

Well, gee!  After all, remember.  We're no longer a bottom feeder.  Look at

the standings at the end of last season.  Atlanta easily on top.

If we are to improve, we've got that 60 win season we must top!  Some of

those teams who improved a lot were not nearly as successful as we.

Are we better, improved, from last season?  Only the actual season will tell us.

However, most of us believe that we are, overall, improved.

wild.gif

We got a new ownership group with deep pockets, rid ourselves of historically bad, incompetent owners, and put someone in clear charge of the operation of the team.   How much better can we really expect from an off season?  

Next off season will really tell the tell about new ownership. Even though i didnt like this off season, they get a pass because of the cap situation.

well I look at it like this.  ESPN has told we aren't serious contenders for years.  They have been right.  They said GSW would win it all easy.  Right.  Said Lebron would win the east easy.  Yep.  They just might know a little something.   They got our regular season wrong so who knows.  But, this isn't just a random opinion from a fan being reported here.

ESPN could be wrong. I think it can go either way. I wouldnt be surprised if the Hawks have another successful season, and i wouldnt be surprised if they fell back a little. How Splitter and Hardaway turn out are the unknowns that the Hawks will count a lot on. I wouldve gave the Hawks a B personally for this off season, and thats based on my confidence in Bud's system, but i understand why ESPN gave them what they did. It can go either way.

Edited by atlhawks1

We addressed the team's biggest need, interior size and rebounding, by trading a nothing overseas guy and we get a "C" . The Cavs pretty much resigned their team but the owner is going to pay a huge tax and we get a C. Ridiculous