• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Rap song?

I keep hearing this song on pandora but don't know the name of the song...lyrics go like this..

Shawty shawty shawty shawty atlanta the home of maseratis,I met her @theclub wut u b doin she said everyday all I do is look gud I'm like yeahhhhh

Is this 2 chainz or meek mill or someone else?

1. I don't know

2. Is this a joke

3. Doesn't pandora tell you who it is, what album it's on, a picture of it and a link to click on to buy it?

Lol...yes Pandora does tell you but I was at the gym working out and didn't look at phone screen when song played :-(

Ps sadly this wasn't a joke...:-(

Edited by Spud2Nique

• Moderators

Lol...yes Pandora does tell you but I was at the gym working out and didn't look at phone screen when song played :-(

Ahhh.  Got it.  Well that'll teach you to work out.   I tried googling it for you with no success.   Some of these groovy young cats on here will know the answer.

Ahhh. Got it. Well that'll teach you to work out. I tried googling it for you with no success. Some of these groovy young cats on here will know the answer.

Haha groovy young cats! I love it!

Oy, I tried to google to help out but my iq was dropping like a hot rock.  You're on your own, Spud2.

I told y'all about listening to new school rap.  Nothing good comes from it.  Stick to the 80's and 90's.

I told y'all about listening to new school rap. Nothing good comes from it. Stick to the 80's and 90's.

I won't argue over that, but I like me some Kid Cudi. Quasimoto is cool, too, but I think he's kind of in between new and old school. Middle school maybe.

• Like 1

Kendrick Lamar and MF Doom are the only modern rappers that could even attempt to hang with any of the badasses from the 90s. #truth

Big Krit got that late 90s southern sound down..great artist.
  • Like 1

• Moderators

Also, ask this guy:

~lw3

• 2 weeks later...

The only people who think new school rap is dead are the people who haven't looked in the right places. 

Rap is in as good of a place that it ever has been, you just have to look a little harder to find the good stuff since you won't hear it on the radio.

The only people who think new school rap is dead are the people who haven't looked in the right places.

Rap is in as good of a place that it ever has been, you just have to look a little harder to find the good stuff since you won't hear it on the radio.

Agreed it's in a good place, but like people coming Kobe to Air Jordan, there won't be a Pac.

Ok, so can you recommend some? I don't even listen to hip hop much anymore because I get sick of the cheap basement beats that pass as good production. I miss really strong production with real instruments mixed in. I think the best stuff has never been radio friendly though. Music video friendly maybe. But artists now have Spotify and other ways to get their music to the masses. Just a different beast nowadays I guess. Would love some recommendations.

Agreed it's in a good place, but like people coming Kobe to Air Jordan, there won't be a Pac.

Some of Kendrick's qualities are very similar to Pac and I LOVE Pac.  If you want to talk about something that will never be repeated, look at Atlanta's own Outkast.

Ok, so can you recommend some? I don't even listen to hip hop much anymore because I get sick of the cheap basement beats that pass as good production. I miss really strong production with real instruments mixed in. I think the best stuff has never been radio friendly though. Music video friendly maybe. But artists now have Spotify and other ways to get their music to the masses. Just a different beast nowadays I guess. Would love some recommendations.

I think you would enjoy Oddisee's work.  He does his own production and uses live instruments a lot.  His lyrics have depth and paint pictures.  I have posted a few of his songs in the never ending music thread.  I will post a couple more here.  I would check out his albums 'The Good Fight' and 'Tangible Dream' if you like what you hear.

He will be performing at the Masquerade on October 18th.  Come join me and show this talented man some love.