• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Diesel Calls it...

Diesel

• Premium Member

Falcons will pick up Warren Sapp as the anchor to the defense.

Watching the game Sunday, it became evident that Sapps days in TB are over. He will come to the Falcons and be what T.P. was to the Braves.

I also believe that we will spend the money to get T.O. too... But if his price is too high, how easy will it be to get Keyshawn?

Fenn, Keyshawn, Price, and Vick!

I hope Diesel, that you missed this one.

I have been a Falcon fan since day one. I hope the sap Sapp doesn't come to Atlanta.

He is a loud mouth, smart aleck, past his prime player.

He would expect big $$$$ to come here. I don't think

he would be worth the money he will demand.

D, I would love to know where all this money you're throwing around is coming from. This is the NFL, land of the hard cap.

As things sit right now, the Falcons stand to have close to $6 million in cap space.

Of course, that is before a few things are adjusted with the roster.

After the Falcons got blasted by Indy, Ray Buchanan remarked that he was still "the best CB on this team."

He didn't see a single play against Tampa Bay. Wade Phillips has said that he's not sure if Ray will even dress for Jacksonville. Not to mention, Tyrone Williams has been buried at the bottom of the depth chart for weeks.

Bob Whitfield's career is over. If he doesn't decide to on his own, he will be asked to retire. Brady Smith will also likely end up as a cap casualty.

If you cut Buchanan and Smith, you save $1.5 million. But, cutting Williams and Whitfield would actually cost us $1.3 million.

McKay is a master of the cap. I'm sure he will come up with some way to make space, but the money to sign guys like Owens and Sapp is simply not there.

I wouldn't expect Sapp to follow McKay here, as it is. I can't find the exact quote, but he called McKay a "snake" in comments last week. He then went on to accuse McKay on intentionally not offering him a contract extension, b/c McKay already knew he was leaving, so why would he try to improve this team?

If you believe some people, Owens wants to play in Atlanta with Vick. Atlanta could use a WR like Owens. But, he would have to take a massive pay cut to come here, and it won't happen. There's teams out there that are starved for WR help that will offer TO big money. Philly, Chicago, and New England come to mind.

And I hear people out there saying that all these last two wins have done is prevented us from getting the #1 pick. Getting the #1 pick and taking a guy like Fitzgerald would cost us a boatload. We can still get an impact player like Andrews, Taylor, or Wilfork in the 5-8 range and save a bunch of money in the process.

I can dig further into this matter at a later time, but it's too late for that right now.

wow i disagree big time on that comment with price. we should not judge him by this year. IMO he showed good flashes of what he can do when vick came back. Did you see how he stretched tampa's defense for a 50 yarder? that is exactly what was missing last year when we played them. Next year, when Vick is heathly you shall see what price is capable of, and until then, I believe it is unjust to judge him off of this year and call him a bust.

Also look at it the other way. Moulds put up about the same numbers as price but he had DREW BLEDSOE the whole year. Who would of thought that peerless being in ATL would so drastically effect buffalo's offense?

I'm telling you. Price will never be a #1, go to guy.

He was good in Buffalo because he had Eric Moulds drawing the attention away from him. Alvin Harper was good in Dallas because he had Michael Irvin drawing attention away from him.

He has so many similarities to Harper: He's not a good route runner, doesn't run routes in between the hash marks, and won't sacrifice his body to make a play. Double teams will shut him down everytime.

Trust me. It was an extreme waste of money to offer him that contract, not to mention they you gave up a first round pick in the process as well.

Finneran is a total steal at what we are paying him. He's not ever going to be a Pro Bowler, but he's solid. He was injured this year, but he makes plays. Of his 56 catches last year, 39 were for 1st Downs. That's huge. Plus, he seems to have gotten over the drops that plagued him last year.

Unfortunately, it seems that Peerless was the one who caught the plague.

He's only a decent route runner, drops too many passes, and really doesn't create separation from his defender.

But, saying that he won't go over the middle is absurd.

Peerless took the most brutal hits of anyone on the team. The took a huge shot from Chavous of Minnesota when DJ left him out to dry in the endzone. He took another big hit in NO.

I believe that it was the playcalling that killed Peerless' production this year. We tried to turn him into a deep threat, which he really isn't. Peerless is a guy that excels in space. Most of his yards in Buffalo came off the quick slants and running across the middle.

The playcalling and lack of a decent QB did hurt Price's production, but he does have to take some of the blame. Like I said, he's not very good when it comes to creating separation. It's just something we're going to have to work through, because he's not going anywhere.

I don't expect him to ever match the numbers he put up his last year in Buffalo, but that's not what we need from him. Give me 75 catches, 1200 yards, and 8 TDs, and I'm happy.

Right now, I don't think the trade to get him was a smart move. He's still got time to change my mind, though. Let's see what he and Vick can do together.

In the meantime, pick up another WR in the draft or through Free Agency.

If Rashaun Woods, Lee Evans, or Michael Clayton slide to us in the 2nd Round, grab him. If we can get a Justin McCareins, Dez White, or Darrell Jackson as a FA, go for it.