• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Going to Atlanta for my first game at Philips!

Admin

5 minutes ago, hawksfanatic said:

Am I supposed to put up a picture of Kermit drinking tea or something?

I'm glad Dolf had a great time which is pretty much all that matters here. I don't think Dolf proves my point on the issue because it's just one instance. Just like going to a "crazy" Charlotte game is one instance.

Pretty cool that Koonin is reaching out about the experience, although geez man what is wrong with the ticketing people? That is a theme of incompetence around these parts.

The ticket people were awful!! The upgrade experience is awful unless you know all the sections of the arena as you have only moments to decide if you want the upgrade or not. I suggested they make an interactive map of available seats instead of just numbers and letters. 105 sounded way better than 117 to me. 

14 minutes ago, LucastheThird said:

I don't know how much more Koonin can do in terms of advertising to local casual fans. I mean he's has nearly every major radio station saying game times, social media ads out everywhere, and even still throwing special deals for nearly every game. The only other thing I could think of is to throw money at ESPN to actually talk about the Hawks in a good light.

I don't mean Koonin specifically but maybe the local news stations? Better coverage in the papers? Maybe a giant tv outside showing the game and highlights of it?  I mean we were 1 block away and people didn't know the Hawks were playing. 

• Like 1

Hate to hear the bad airport experience heading out.  Thanks for sharing this with us, was a pretty cool side story to a really cool game.

Glad you had a great time in the city now ...

Ari Gold - GTFO

(Kidding, kidding)

1 hour ago, Dolfan23 said:

I don't mean Koonin specifically but maybe the local news stations? Better coverage in the papers? Maybe a giant tv outside showing the game and highlights of it?  I mean we were 1 block away and people didn't know the Hawks were playing. 

It is a problem, we need more local fanfare.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dolfan23 said:

Happy Birthday to me!! Guess what I got for my birthday?? I got to the gate for my flight home 14 minutes before departure and Spirit airlines CLOSED THE DOORS on us and 20 other passengers. The plane didn't actually  leave for another 30 minutes and they wouldn't let us on. So now my birthday weekend ends with having to rent a car and drive 12 hours back to Houston. What a freaking nightmare! 

Happy Bday Dolfan 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hawksfanatic said:

Am I supposed to put up a picture of Kermit drinking tea or something?

I'm glad Dolf had a great time which is pretty much all that matters here. I don't think Dolf proves my point on the issue because it's just one instance. Just like going to a "crazy" Charlotte game is one instance.

Pretty cool that Koonin is reaching out about the experience, although geez man what is wrong with the ticketing people? That is a theme of incompetence around these parts.

I want a good crowd experience more than anyone here. I'm glad they were active last night and I hope it begins to happen more consistently since this team certainly deserves it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, yardbird said:

Dolfan,

Sorry about your Spirit airlines experience, but had big fun sitting next to you and your lady at the game!  Tough loss for the Fish today, but they played hard and well (especially Tannehill), I see good things for them in the days to come.

Oh don't remind me! That was a brutal loss today.  I told you that the Bills would win though so congrats on that. 

It it was great sitting with you and your son and I hope you start posting more. Hopefully we will back for a game in those seats before the season is over. 

Go Hawks!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

So did you actually drive home?   That friggin sucks.   My friend said when he flew Spirit he kept expecting chickens to come walking down the aisle.

I did Spirit once and won't ever do it again.  It's cheap up front but they nickel and dime you for everything.

By the time all was said and done, we had paid about the same or slightly more than just going with someone else.  Oh, and their customer service blows.

3 minutes ago, MaceCase said:

More like Suck Your Spirit Air.  If you're anything above 4'11" and 90lbs expect to have your neighbor perform a non-emergency appendectomy on you with their elbows and for your knees to gain the ability to retract into your abdomen like a turtle.

So you're saying @kg01 would be quite comfortable?

2 hours ago, macdaddy said:

So did you actually drive home?   That friggin sucks.   My friend said when he flew Spirit he kept expecting chickens to come walking down the aisle.

Man that's a dream come true for @Spud2Nique.  He has so much experience chicken-choking that everybody in the plane would've had arroz con pollo by takeoff.  Ohhhhhh

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

Man that's a dream come true for @Spud2Nique.  He has so much experience chicken-choking that everybody in the plane would've had arroz con pollo by takeoff.  Ohhhhhh

Unfortunately folks, he'll be here all weak....:-|