• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Two trades that fit togehter

RLHawk

First: Lets take a run at the 3-way rumored on ESPNNews (not much info, but will play with what Gray played)

Toni/Childs to Utah

Clark/Russell to Atlanta

Marshall to Toronto

Utah does it so that Toni can retire after this year with Karl and Stockton. They will loose both Marshall and Russell anyway.

Toronto gets a solid scoring 3 to play with Vince.

Atlanta gets players to cover the next trade.......

Second: Lets make the Nazr for Miller trade (I don't think it has much other meat in it)

Nazr to Orlando

Miller/Grant to Atlanta (Grant retires rather than play in Atlanta)

Orlando gets the Center they want

Atlanta gets the SF they want

Our line-up would look like this

JT/DD

DJ/DG/Ira

Miller/Russell/CC

SAR/Hendu

Theo/Clark

That is a pretty good line-up. JT/DJ/Miller/SAR/Theo as our starters are as good as any starters in the EAST. DD/DG/Russell/Hendu/Clark are as good as any bench in the EAST. Clark could play significant minutes if Theo goes down with a 3-some at 4/5 or SAR/Clark/Hendu. Ira can be the defensive stopper if we need him at either the 2/3. Look for a player like Haslem to get a series of 10 day contracts if we have injuries to our front line.

First of all,if we done a deal to get Clark the Magic would

ask us to give him for Mike Miller which sounds almost

reasonable..

Second if all,I would find a way to get Haslem on the roster

anyway because we have a injury prone frontline other than

SAR.

Hell Toronto and Orlando might pull off a Sign and trade with

Clark and Mike Miller anyway.

Orlando needs some beef and Clark is not going to provide that. In addition, he's not really a full time Center and there are some questions about his work ethic. Finally, Clark has already made it clear that he would PREFER to play in a warm weather state and yet as far as I know, Orlando has made no inquiry about what it would take to sign him. Instead, I've heard the names of Danny Fortson, Fizer (and Crawford) and Nazr as possible acquisitions. I think Nazr has at least as much value as Clark to Orlando.

As far as Toronto goes, they would probably rather have Clark resigned or even Marshall than Miller. They already have enough SGs/SFs, they need help on the boards.

The biggest problem I see with the double deal is Utah. I'm not sure Kukoc/Childs would be the answer for them. Toni has TWO years left on his deal and I doubt he reties until it expires (He WOULD probably be fairly easy to trade going into his final season though because he would then be in the last year of his deal). If a couple of picks were thrown in, MAYBE.

Regarding the proposed Miller/Grant for Nazr deal, that doesn't work under the salary cap. Nazr is a BYC1 player and currently, we can only take back half his salary in trade. If Orlando is over the cap (and I think they are this year), I think we would need a 3rd team to get a deal done with them.

Nazr is about to go into BYC2 status though, I believe thats what JW72 said anyways. That means we can take back 75% of his salary right?

Really this deal that RLHawk mentioned seems like a fantasy to me because to get Clark and a good BU like Russell without giving up too much would be terrific. It would definitely mean we could trade Nazr to Lando then.......I would love it.

The discussion about BYC has come up here before. If he was signed after July, then he only has 1 year of BYC requirements (I believe).

So then he is out of BYC restrictions upon his 1 year anniversary. Who knows when that is?

Pete said that he believes it will be in September before we change our lineup. What is special about September? Is that when Nazr's anniversary is? Could it be we are looking to trade him after that?

Could we be looking at trading for a guy who is currently got BYC restrictions?

I just included it becasue it was rumored by someone, and they got bashed for bringing in Russell as our SF. He is not the right fit. I think he is if he is being brought in as depth and leadership behind another young guy.

I don't really buy that Utah would make that trade.

I believe Toronto would because they get a really good 3/4 who has aggressiveness, rebounding and could be a 2nd option for Vince. They will loose Keon anyway.

Utah is a lot bigger fantasy. They woul dhave to do it because they believe that Marshall and Russell are both gonners, grasp for something (playoff/championship experience) to help them make 1 more run. Toni spotting up at the 3 point line with the pick and roll would be a nice option for Utah though. Would that become a pick/roll/dish play then?

Apparantly, at some point (and Pete didn't elaborate) this offseason, the time had passed and the Base year came off.

It used to be that after the first season of a multiyear deal was BYC1 (50%), and then the second season was BYC2 (75%).

Last season (Anyone signed after July 1, 2001) it changed to just one season of base year status.

So now Nazr has played the one BYC season, and now the Hawks can bring back his full salary back in trade value....

BTW, ATLien, great, great pic.....