• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

10/21 Memphis @ Atlanta

JETSET

The first quarter defense was a thing of beauty but they have to do it on a consistent basis

Kyle is really attacking more off the dribble. Its a good thing because when teams forced him to do it last year, the results weren't great.

Baze played his best game tonight. He looked comfortable out there

Didn't like what we got from the bench.

Dennis still has to learn when to pass and when the shoot. Too often he doesn't run the offense and is only looking for his shot.

I'm ready for the real games now

• Like 2

I swear we have the worst clock operators ever. Lol. 

I'm pretty sure I had better clock operators when I played middle school ball, half the time they look clueless. 

They must be the last of Gearon's "good old buddy" regime!  Maybe they slipped some Hawks extra points back in the day and he feels indebted to them.

• Premium Member

Thanks again to @JETSET for the tickets, great seats. The first quarter was awesome to watch! The second quarter not so much. It was a good preseason game though, the crowd was into it late.

A few thoughts...

Bazemore looked really good out there, I hope he can take advantage of being our starting SF. I was a little bummed to not see Tavares get any minutes. Splitter couldn't buy a bucket but I think he will fit in sooner than later. Horford shot 5 three pointers--more than anyone on our team. I know he is trying to get comfortable and gain confidence in preseason, but he should never lead our team in that category. The unis did look good but as others have said, it was hard to see the numbers on the jerseys.

I am just happy it's almost time to kick the season off!

• Like 1

Also props to you @Spud2Nique for being the first hit on Google.

I searched 'atlanta hawks clock operators' and a post from you came up first.....from 6 years ago haha!  Looks like much hasn't changed.

Are you serious? :-) Wow, I've broken through, I guess I'm part of the glitterati now. What did I say 6 years ago. I hope I was a bit less bitter and jaded as I am today :-|