• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Where is Hardaway?

Hawkmoor

• Moderators
15 minutes ago, nonono said:

hes busy getting torched by a guy named rudish

A team worst -12 +/- in less than 12 minutes isn't a great start in the box score but I can't watch tonight's game and +/- doesn't mean as much in a single game as over a much larger time period.  Definitely be interested to hear what people think outside of a few missed shots.

I've been fine with his defense, even had a nice block in the paint.

He seems to be just trying to fit in on offense and not make mistakes. I'm actually more worried about his offense. He wasn't hitting at a good clip in preseason and has started out the past couple games not hitting his shots.

• Like 1

• Moderators
6 hours ago, AUhawksfan said:

He seems to be just trying to fit in on offense and not make mistakes. I'm actually more worried about his offense. He wasn't hitting at a good clip in preseason and has started out the past couple games not hitting his shots.

1-6 is not a big sample size, though.  Going 4-4 the next game pushes him to a great 50% fg% and higher efg%/TS%.  Obviously, you can't sustain a 17% shooting.

• Premium Member
On 11/26/2015, 11:34:27, AUhawksfan said:

Hardaway came into this team with a reputation of being a chucker and a poor defender. Obviously with the coaching staff indicating that team play and defense are requirements for getting into the game, Hardaway is making a concerted effort to not look for his shot and to defend well; can't really blame the guy as he has played like a total of 20 minutes on the year and is trying to demonstrate to the staff that he is on their same page. As his role and minutes start becoming more regular and better defined I'm sure we will see him let it loose. 

On 11/26/2015, 10:50:52, Atlantaholic said:

Tim Hardaway's defense has been good honestly, he is sticking with his guy and fighting hard through screens.

you're right hes at -3 on the defensive plus minus....which is actually a career best for him

• Moderators

I know others aren't shocked but I'm pretty disappointed that he doesn't seem to have better offensive skills.   I thought that's what we saw in him.   I didn't expect him to be a great shooter but we need someone who can drive.   So far i've seen none of that.   He definitely looks like he's trying not to screw up though.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, macdaddy said:

I know others aren't shocked but I'm pretty disappointed that he doesn't seem to have better offensive skills.   I thought that's what we saw in him.   I didn't expect him to be a great shooter but we need someone who can drive.   So far i've seen none of that.   He definitely looks like he's trying not to screw up though.

Part of the problem is he's trying to play in the system and not mess up, too much thinking and not enough instinctual basketball.

Also kind of hard to judge since he's played a TOTAL of 44 minutes.

Probably afraid of more DNP - CD.

Let him loose Bud.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Part of the problem is he's trying to play in the system and not mess up, too much thinking and not enough instinctual basketball.

Also kind of hard to judge since he's played a TOTAL of 44 minutes.

Probably afraid of more DNP - CD.

Let him loose Bud.

Yea, i went back and watched his highlights from last year and the dude has some great skills.   Better than any other wing option we have which is obviously why we got him.   But I'm with you.  Let him loose.   Holiday and Patterson can go out there be a small cog in the offense.   We need someone to go out and get to the hoop, get to the line.  

6 hours ago, macdaddy said:

I thought they'd use him similar to Kyle by running him off screens and curls but so far he just sticks to the Marvin corner.

• Like 1

• Moderators
6 hours ago, macdaddy said:

Yea, i went back and watched his highlights from last year and the dude has some great skills.   Better than any other wing option we have which is obviously why we got him.   But I'm with you.  Let him loose.   Holiday and Patterson can go out there be a small cog in the offense.   We need someone to go out and get to the hoop, get to the line.  

You have to know better than to watch highlights.  He was terrible on both sides of the ball last year which is why the Knicks wanted to get rid of him.   The hope was for him to rebound from epically bad defense and really bad shooting in a new environment.  And to do it in a hurry.

1 hour ago, AHF said:

You have to know better than to watch highlights.  He was terrible on both sides of the ball last year which is why the Knicks wanted to get rid of him.   The hope was for him to rebound from epically bad defense and really bad shooting in a new environment.  And to do it in a hurry.

I think mac is just referencing his basketball offensive skill in general in term of  handling the ball, slashing etc., do different things offensively.  He wouldn't be one dimensional on offense like say Kyle Korver running off screens and being a soot up shooter. 

• Moderators
10 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I think mac is just referencing his basketball offensive skill in general in term of  handling the ball, slashing etc., do different things offensively.  He wouldn't be one dimensional on offense like say Kyle Korver running off screens and being a soot up shooter. 

Exactly.   I expected bad defense and streaky shooting.  But he has skills that so far he hasn't used in his small amount of playing time.   I hope we can get him going soon because we someone other than our PGs and sap who can get create a bucket.  

The Atlanta Hawks have assigned guard Tim Hardaway Jr. and center Edy Tavares to the Canton Charge of the NBA Development League, pursuant to the flexible assignment rule.

Hardaway Jr. has appeared in four games this season for the Hawks, and Tavares has played in three contests.