• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Cavaliers big men dismantle hawks again..

Hawkmoor

11 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Bazemore’s due for regression, as I’m completely selling on the idea he’s a 40%+ 3 point shooter on high-ish volume and he has a lot of trouble with finishing in traffic. He’s a poor man’s Barnes with the Clippers at best. 9 PTS per game, 3 rebounds, 2 assists, 1.5 steal, .5 block.

That's fine...I mean that's your opinion that he can't keep this kind of play up. No problem but I wouldn't be shocked to see him improve like Demarre...it's not like it's completely unrealistic.

he may not shoot 40% to end the season but if he's at 37 or 38% like Demarre last year then he's improved. 

You say he can't finish in traffic well his 49fg% says otherwise, besides you talk as if there's a ton of SGs that can finish in the lane with contact and if they can't do that they can't be effective SGs...did you miss korvers historic season last year? He was an all star ya know and he wasn't no where near a good finisher at the goal as some may have wanted him to be.

5 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

I disagree. If you got somebody who can rebound, that makes EVERYBODY better. There is less pressure to make the first shot because you know you have someone who can go get it.  With the system the hawks have, you can live with the players they have if you can rebound the ball.

In your mind, offensive rebounds have to be emphasized then when it's not.

6 minutes ago, JTB said:

That's fine...I mean that's your opinion that he can't keep this kind of play up. No problem but I wouldn't be shocked to see him improve like Demarre...it's not like it's completely unrealistic.

he may not shoot 40% to end the season but if he's at 37 or 38% like Demarre last year then he's improved. 

You say he can't finish in traffic well his 49fg% says otherwise, besides you talk as if there's a ton of SGs that can finish in the lane with contact and if they can't do that they can't be effective SGs...did you miss korvers historic season last year? He was an all star ya know and he wasn't no where near a good finisher at the goal as some may have wanted him to be.

Agreed, I don't understand the idea that he is due for regression when he's just starting to show improvement in all aspects if his game 15 games into the season. 

I do agree that he could be even better at SG.

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Agreed, I don't understand the idea that he is due for regression when he's just starting to show improvement in all aspects if his game 15 games into the season. 

I do agree that he could be even better at SG.

Exactly...in my opinion the mindset of bud and staff should be making him the SG now and bring korver off the bench as 6th man.

as of right now let's take one positive out of all of this and say Bazemore is our future starting SG...damn I mean there's not much other positivity going on with this team atleast Bazemore has shown huge improvement...lets all be happy about that! Not just me and jaybirdhawk sheesshhh!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JTB said:

Exactly...in my opinion the mindset of bud and staff should be making him the SG now and bring korver off the bench as 6th man.

as of right now let's take one positive out of all of this and say Bazemore is our future starting SG...damn I mean there's not much other positivity going on with this team atleast Bazemore has shown huge improvement...lets all be happy about that! Not just me and jaybirdhawk sheesshhh!

I kinda agree,  I think Bazemore has some potential as a starting SG, but I am not 100% sure 

• Moderators
22 hours ago, JTB said:

Here is the problem.  How do you fill 48 minutes at SF if Bazemore is your SG?

Thabo can't handle more than 20 per game and Sap isn't playing 28 minutes at SF.  Korver, THJ, and Holiday can't defend the SF spot as well as Bazemore.  You are pretty well stuck with Bazemore at SF unless you add a new body to the team that can defend SFs.

23 hours ago, Lurker said:

I do have an interesting quick fix, but I don't think it's a full fix. Two trades:

Try to acquire Willie Cauley Stein through trade. (Al Horford traded)

See if you can pry TJ Warren from Phoenix. (Scott and one of the PGs traded).

You're basically calling for them to trade Al Horford for ... Willie. Cauley. Stein.?

aghast

We'd probably be more likely to get PJ Tucker via trade from the Suns.  They seen to be high on Warren for their future.  I actually think that would help but still wouldn't be enough.

19 minutes ago, AHF said:

Thabo can't handle more than 20 per game and Sap isn't playing 28 minutes at SF.  Korver, THJ, and Holiday can't defend the SF spot as well as Bazemore.  You are pretty well stuck with Bazemore at SF unless you add a new body to the team that can defend SFs.

You cannot fix everything but I know you of all members know this.

What you're really asking me is who do I expect to guard SFs effectively? Any of those players can fill the minutes at SF but can they fill them effectively like Thabo and Bazemore....well no

thats something in my opinion Bud will have to strategize against based on how the game is being played. Thabo can truly play 20-25 minutes per game. Then insert our sixth man Korver who truly has a SF body type and should be guarding Sfs rather than smaller quicker SGs anyways. Then on spot minutes at SF involve a combination of  Sap and Holiday.....this can easily work out until we find another legit SF...it's going to have some flaws when Thabo isn't in the game but it's the same flaws we have now cause as good as Bazemore is at keeping his man in front of him and contesting shots he can't do anything about strength.

But what these moves ultimately do is give Bazemore a shot at taking away the opponents SG where he will be a non factor on offense and it adds some much needed spice to the bench scoring as we all know that korver will torture 2nd units. Thabo starts the game and makes an impact right from the go rather than looking for him to make an impact late once the game is out of hand. Thabos presence in the staring lineup will also rub off on all the other starters since he's such a good defender especially our bigs...Bazemore will be even more intense and feed off the energy.

Theres a band aid fix within the roster we have bud just need to find it.

28 minutes ago, kg01 said:

You're basically calling for them to trade Al Horford for ... Willie. Cauley. Stein.?

aghast

We'd probably be more likely to get PJ Tucker via trade from the Suns.  They seen to be high on Warren for their future.  I actually think that would help but still wouldn't be enough.

I like Tucker a lot and the Hawks fan base will love that guy too...when I say there's no bitch in his game that's exactly what I mean...dude plays like a man on a mission...defensively that is.

Would he help? I say yes...it ain't no championship move but he will most definitely help on the defense end which is why PHX wouldn't let him go so easily.

• Moderators
32 minutes ago, kg01 said:

PJ Tucker would be a great get for us.  Decent defender and a beast of a SF on the boards.  He can also hit the 3.  I'd love to see that happen.

• Like 1

• Moderators
2 hours ago, JTB said:

Who would you give up for him?

THJr.  Obviously, I'd have to see what Phoenix wants.  I know we could have flipped our last draft pick for him in much the same way we did for THJr.  Tucker's rebounding is about 1 less than Horford per 36 and very close to Splitter's.  He and Thabo would be our only plus rebounding wings.

5 hours ago, AHF said:

SG: Bazemore (28) - Korver (16) - Schröder  (4)

SF: Sefolosha (22) - Millsap (16) - Korver (10)

Until Bud figures things out, Sap may have to play up to 1/2 if his minutes at SF

• Like 1

• Moderators
24 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

SG: Bazemore (28) - Korver (16) - Schröder  (4)

SF: Sefolosha (22) - Millsap (16) - Korver (10)

Until Bud figures things out, Sap may have to play up to 1/2 if his minutes at SF

I don't buy it but have no problem trying it if Bud believes in it.  Thabo is a rock but other than that it is picking between flawed options.  Bazemore is less flawed than Sap and Korver, IMO.

4 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Now splitter hurt.   I think teague/korver/thabo/sap/horf is our best lineup.     Maybe teague/baze/thabo/sap/horf is worth a try too.    

Maybe Korver has an easier time if he's guarded by a bench player.