• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Was I the only one?

Wurider05

24 minutes ago, JETSET said:

Splitter isn't capable of playing more than 20 minutes per game without sustaining an injury.  His acquisition is looking about as good as the THJr trade.  

We have taken a big step back at GM with Bud and yes man Wilcox.

Its time for Coach Bud to have a talk with GM Bud. 

He gave up a first for a guy who cant even get garbage minutes

We aquired a bunch of sg's and are playing them at sf. Bigger wings are having their way with these guards

We traded for a big who really doesn't help on the glass nor help with rim protection.

The moves he made this summer have not paid off. Maybe they will down the road but right now those moves look weak

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Wurider05 said:

I thought that brought splitter in to start at center?    teague-bazemore/stefolosha-milsap-horf-splitter.  we  might can

start dennis at the 1 and teague at the 2.

Well originally I thought bud coached similar to Pop but I may be wrong about that.

I thought bringing in Splitter bud will roll with the big lineup for huge minutes against way bigger centers and front courts but I was completely wrong seeing that bud has only tried that once in 15 games and then they didn't even play long or did bud try to revert back to the big lineup.

its odd to me...when we are getting out rebounded bud throws in moose and Scott or he subs out horford for splitter...he rarely tries to keep sap, horford, & splitter out there just to see what they could do. 

Its hard for me to say I'm mad at bud cause as of right now my feelings are mixed about Bud. In interviews he's saying everything we are saying on these forums. He's not stupid he knows what problems are going on but it seems like once we are in the games he wants to ignore those problems.

• Premium Member
9 hours ago, Sarcatic1 said:

Its time for Coach Bud to have a talk with GM Bud. 

He gave up a first for a guy who cant even get garbage minutes

We aquired a bunch of sg's and are playing them at sf. Bigger wings are having their way with these guards

We traded for a big who really doesn't help on the glass nor help with rim protection.

The moves he made this summer have not paid off. Maybe they will down the road but right now those moves look weak

Bud loves this core group of players and he is VERY stubborn about that despite the obvious flaws of this team.  We all know his ability as a coach, but as an executive he's got some work to do.  If he's stubborn as a decision maker, then things could get ugly for this team.

Some of you guys need to RELAX, we started 7-6, I believe, last year. Did any of you expect to win it all? I didn't. We don't have the cap room to acquire the talent needed or the talent on the roster needed to win the championship. I didn't like our last two draft picks, but Bud is a good coach and I think we are still a good team. If we make a couple of good moves in the off season we have a chance to win a championship with Bud and some of the pieces that we have, but if you expected to beat the Cavs or the Warriors this season you were dreaming.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Jody23 said:

Bud loves this core group of players and he is VERY stubborn about that despite the obvious flaws of this team.  We all know his ability as a coach, but as an executive he's got some work to do.  If he's stubborn as a decision maker, then things could get ugly for this team.

I don't think Bud is oblivious.  The problem is the whole team isn't performing like it should.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RamblinCharger said:

Some of you guys need to RELAX, we started 7-6, I believe, last year. Did any of you expect to win it all? I didn't. We don't have the cap room to acquire the talent needed or the talent on the roster needed to win the championship. I didn't like our last two draft picks, but Bud is a good coach and I think we are still a good team. If we make a couple of good moves in the off season we have a chance to win a championship with Bud and some of the pieces that we have, but if you expected to beat the Cavs or the Warriors this season you were dreaming.

You're right and first off even if we were undefeated like the Warriors we weren't going to beat Lebron...nobody in the east will and the only teams I've seen give him any problems are the bucks and Pistons but those teams will fail too.

i hate Lebron but no one in the east organized a roster to beat that man.

Now as far as our Hawks go I think fans are upset to see that we are losing games the same way everytime. We are calling for bud to make changes and be the excellent coach we all know he is...of course he can only do so much with the talent he has chosen but a band aid fix should be possible until we get to this next off season.

26 minutes ago, ATLSmith said:

I don't think Bud is oblivious.  The problem is the whole team isn't performing like it should.

Exactly this, last season with all the Ownership and Ferry turmoil, they were locked in and focused on the season ahead, an us against the world attitude.  Now it seems they aren't playing with the same intensity and focus.  There are issues, yes but the attitude, body language and the way they are actually playing concerns me.

33 minutes ago, ATLSmith said:

True...there's some things that this team is doing that has nothing to do with bud....for example:

-Dennis trying to iso every time he's out there running point

-Horford playing soft and not going after rebounds as hard as normally would.

-The offense getting stagnant for no reason

-Defense not trying hard until the 4th quarter 

-holiday firing away from 3 as soon as he touches the damn ball

-not getting back on defense

I don't want to blame any of this on Bud cause we know he doesn't coach like that or tell any of these players to do these things. As of right now these are some of the things these players are doing based on their own mindset of how they should go about playing within this offense and defense.

3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Exactly this, last season with all the Ownership and Ferry turmoil, they were locked in and focused on the season ahead, an us against the world attitude.  Now it seems they aren't playing with the same intensity and focus.  There are issues, yes but the attitude, body language and the way they are actually playing concerns me.

Yup....now that I think about it Ive been complaining about a ton of things lately but many of these things falls back on the players...they don't seem to show they want to win as badly as last season.

Sap is playing like he wants to win and Bazemore shows a lot of energy and effort but every one else including yet shockingly including Horford isn't showing  a desire to win games.

Was DMC our heart and soul of the team? How much does Holiday who just won a ring with the Warriors really care about helping this team win?

Are these the same hawk players still playing chess together or are they now out partying and enjoying the night life with Sefelosha (ok ok I snuck that one in there about Thabo lol)...but seriously it's disheartening seeing this team play like this, this season so far but they have time to change it.

On 11/22/2015, 9:33:52, JETSET said:

Splitter isn't capable of playing more than 20 minutes per game without sustaining an injury.  His acquisition is looking about as good as the THJr trade.  

We have taken a big step back at GM with Bud and yes man Wilcox.

I had no idea. I always wondered why Diaw got so much minutes in SA. 

I am doing talk to text so bear with me.

I made a statement last offseason that demari Carroll is the one player that we should keep on this roster this offseason.

We chose Millsap who has similar redundancy to Al Horford.

My issue is this, we have not address the fact that we are just simply under size of a small forward position. Say what you want but I still do not see how you can consider myself to be as good as Horford. He doesn't defend anywhere near as good and off until he doesn't move around as much set pics and do this in through the small things that we need considering our talent level to win in the NBA. Say what you want about tomorrow but there's a reason why our team offer than 15 million dollars per season because what he does it's just not that easily found in the NBA and I think that we can replicate it is something that every team will be trying to do.

So what is the solution. The first solution is trying to offer Milsap 40 mainly Milsap to see if we can get a prime time small forward. The names that come to mind are Paul George, Carmelo Anthony, Danilo Gallinari and obviously if he was healthy Wilson Chandler of course in Wilson's case not jeff Teague or Milsap.

While I still believe that Schröder has the most potential on the roster. I'm not so sure that he is the person I will keep over jeff Teague. For that I am open to trading Schröder but the price has to be right at this point in time I don't see that being an option. Well I'm not completely against trading Al Horford I am against trading him anything less than a top tier center. 

I don't think this roster has a great deal issues if you look at the numbers, Carroll was primarily involved in every single one of our top lineups and dmc had a lot of was so critical to the success we had last year that clearly taking out the dmc and replacing him with Bazemore left a great effect our roster.

I am happy with our bench I fill like we can upgrade the PF position from  mike Scott to someone better. I do want to upgrade from Korver as well but it's not a need like SF.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

I am doing talk to text so bear with me.

I made a statement last offseason that demari Carroll is the one player that we should keep on this roster this offseason.

We chose Millsap who has similar redundancy to Al Horford.

My issue is this, we have not address the fact that we are just simply under size of a small forward position. Say what you want but I still do not see how you can consider myself to be as good as Horford. He doesn't defend anywhere near as good and off until he doesn't move around as much set pics and do this in through the small things that we need considering our talent level to win in the NBA. Say what you want about tomorrow but there's a reason why our team offer than 15 million dollars per season because what he does it's just not that easily found in the NBA and I think that we can replicate it is something that every team will be trying to do.

So what is the solution. The first solution is trying to offer Milsap 40 mainly Milsap to see if we can get a prime time small forward. The names that come to mind are Paul George, Carmelo Anthony, Danilo Gallinari and obviously if he was healthy Wilson Chandler of course in Wilson's case not jeff Teague or Milsap.

While I still believe that Schröder has the most potential on the roster. I'm not so sure that he is the person I will keep over jeff Teague. For that I am open to trading Schröder but the price has to be right at this point in time I don't see that being an option. Well I'm not completely against trading Al Horford I am against trading him anything less than a top tier center. 

I don't think this roster has a great deal issues if you look at the numbers, Carroll was primarily involved in every single one of our top lineups and dmc had a lot of was so critical to the success we had last year that clearly taking out the dmc and replacing him with Bazemore left a great effect our roster.

I am happy with our bench I fill like we can upgrade the PF position from  mike Scott to someone better. I do want to upgrade from Korver as well but it's not a need like SF.

I don't think the hawks made the wrong decision in signing sap over carroll but DMC is underrated.   I think Thabo can replace him assuming he can get to the point of playing that many minutes.   Have Teague/Schröder and sap/horf is a definite luxury that we can potentially use if a top tier player comes on the market for trade.   I think that plus Horford's pending free agency is a big factor in re signing sap.     If we could swing a deal for Paul George i'd do it but i don't see  him on the move unless he demands it.   Mozgov will be available this summer and I think we should go after him.   What that means for Sap and Horf I don't know.

• Premium Member
On 11/23/2015, 12:05:35, ATLSmith said:

We'll see.  I agree that the team isn't playing well.  I think they miss Carroll more than the stat sheet shows.  I also think some of the recent struggles are because they've played teams that are better this year than last, and teams have figured out how to further exploit the Hawks weaknesses.