• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Mark Richt fired

AHawks89

Mixed feelings. I think it was a dumb move by UGA. Richt is a great coach but I do understand the past 5-7 years we have not won the big games. We've always had the talent until this year. I'm more worried about our 4  5 star recruits coming into next season; mainly Jacob Eason. I was reading no matter who becomes the head coach Eason will stay as long as we run the similar offence.  Who should we hire as our next head coach? I'm hoping Kirby Smart or Pruitt. 

Opinions of this decision by UGA? 

Don't know 'bout y'all but I need to see some Lane Kiffen wearing the red 'n black.  Make it hap'n McGarity.  Mike London and Muschamp are available too.

Nah, I'm kidding.  But, as a GT fan, if that's where y'all wanna go with it I ain't gon' stop ya.  Seems Richt might resurface at da U if he doesn't retire to the ministry or something.

On a serious note, I read the Houston coach is an option for y'all.  Also, for some reason, the MichSt folks are worried D'Antonio might give UGA a look.  My recommendation would be to get the best x's/o's guy.  Recruiting takes care of itself at UGA, always has.

3 hours ago, hawksfanatic said:

Do Dwag fans remember the Goof and Donnan days? That's all I can really think about after hearing this news, but who knows maybe they will be able to get .... well I'm not sure who they are supposed to get.

Too soon?  Not soon enough?  You be the judge ...

11201610_973348629417629_235744981645329

They had the players meeting today. Although there was nothing official said, a lot of the players are acting like its Smart as HC, Billy Napier as OC, and possibly Pruitt returning as DC. Lots of folk are saying if this is true, UGA would have an off-the-charts recruiting team.

1. Richt took a shot at McGarity at the presser this morning by pointing out what a great job Bobo did as OC. Apparently, the reason Bobo left was because McGarity refused to give him a raise.

2. The players are acting like Pruitt is gone, they are very upset. Another rumor is that Smart wants Muschamp as DC if Pruitt leaves, and McGarity has said no. McGarity may not survive as AD if this continues.

On ‎11‎/‎29‎/‎2015‎ ‎3‎:‎46‎:‎21‎, benhillboy said:

I'm no Georgia fan, but I would prefer much more of a disciplinarian than Richt...

Agreed bhb...while I think the players in general should have motivated themselves, they are really young, this ain't the pros.  CMR's approach was very borderline and he just got really unlucky as far as timing (IMO).  If he had had Gurley or Chubb (and they stayed healthy) at the same time he had the good QB (forget his name - Aaron something or other) - they could have won it all..or at least another SEC Championship.

The killer was - when the Eastern portion of the SEC came up for grabs (Tennessee and Florida down) CMR couldn't beat the newcomer (U. Missouri) and they won the E.C. TWICE...when it should have been UGA's "time".  Then there is losing at home to Alabama in bad fashion, and losing to Florida in VERY bad fashion in what was basically a "winner take all" game.

IMO part of CMR's problem is his calm demeanor and "smarts" and his religious take on everything.  Now that he is fired he should buy a funeral home - he has the personality to do that type of work.

Note:  As much as I complain about CMR's "calm demeanor" - this B.S. from the top dogs at UGA saying that "we don't base coaching decisions on particular recruits" (meaning the 5-star QB Jacob Eason that Richt got and now is up in the air) is...again...BS.

They fired CMR for not getting a QB and not beating Florida.   Once he got the QB it now looks like that 5-star QB may go to Florida.  Double Whammy.

If Jacob Eason (who they are comparing to a young John Elway) goes down to Florida and is even 2/3rds of what they expect - UGA will not beat Florida for the next three years.  JMHO.