• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ivan Johnson?

Hawkmoor

Brings that toughness that Sap needs besides him. I know he had issues, but toughness wasnt one of them. Hawks could sign him as a role player, because OBVIOUSLY, thats the route they going when they give Horford a max. I like this Hawks team, i really do, but they missing that ONE ingredient that gets you over in the playoffs, toughness.

I dont care about "system", Johnson would be in there just to bring toughness to the Hawks.  Tired of seeing teams just disrespect the Hawks front court because they know its a FINESSE front court.  Maybe another chance in the league would make Johnson more appreciate it and help his game.  I wouldnt mind seeing him for 15 minutes a game WITH Sap and Horford on the court. I wouldnt care if Horford took shots from Half court as long as Sap has SOMEBODY helping him on the boards.

25jy5hw.gif

Los+Angeles+Lakers+v+Atlanta+Hawks+RrpIQ

Edited by Hawkmoor

2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

@Duff_Man Who's Swift?

A very infamous Atlanta Falcons Message Board troll.  Same shtick. It's pretty transparent. He has been banned hundreds of times and comes back under new IP addresses and names. He gets insta-banned. He has also been banned from Peachtree Hoops. 

Edited by Duff_Man
  • Like 2

Oh yeah, I remember him. He would show up after every Falcon loss and complain they wouldn't have lost if Vick was still here. Even if Ryan threw for 616 yards and 8 touchdowns in a game, he'd still say that he sucks and that we should've waited on our hero to come home from prison. Even the most myopic of Vick fans grew tired of him; and that' saying something...

• Like 2

• Moderators

Not weighing in on the subject itself, but since I get very "Where Are They Now/Where Have They Been?" with these guys, here's a recent article from the Philippines. The Talk 'n Text Tropang Texters are thinking of bringing him back into the fold:

http://pba.inquirer.net/65374/65374

TNT is considering bringing back a familiar face as it hopes to defend the PBA Commissioner’s Cup title.

Ivan Johnson could make another tour of duty for the Texters in the second conference.

“He’s considered,” he said as TNT is still on the lookout for a reinforcement. “We’ll make our decision in our next few days.”

The 31-year-old slotman established himself as a workhorse in leading TNT to the crown in a grueling seven-game series against Rain or Shine. He averaged 26.8 points, 12.7 rebounds, 2.5 assists, and 1.9 steals last season, and bringing that production back would certainly be a big help for Uichico.

“He’s ready to come [back again], so if we decide to bring him in, he’ll come,” said the coach.

Johnson last played in Spain for San Sebastian Gipuzkoa BC.

Ivan was picked up by Gipuzkoa in September; He lasted about four weeks on the ACB-league club, before getting dropped in favor of Travis Wear.

~lw3