• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Why was Dennis out last night??

Wurider05

If there is no injury, there has to be a trade. I can't imagine another reason which needs "to figure it out"

Maybe the question is for which team Dennis will play tomorrow in NY. 

If it's anything else, calm down Bud, tomorrow's game starts 9:30 pm here. Let us watch Dennis once at a normal time!

Edited by rd79

I hate that Dennis had a run of good games before Indy - after a very bad strech...

Last year Bud got the starters out of rhythm late in the season by bench them, this year he does so with Dennis (and Moose?) mid season.

well its mentioned in german basketball media, that they have no hints, but that they think that the hawks will trade him or the other backup pg. In general the "expert" i use to listen to said he believes dennis would want to stay and it would have been initiated by the hawks. Well that would really be a downer. But dont make dennis bigger than he is, he is a solid backup and a nice colorful spot on the hawks roster, but he is not yet the next big pg and might never be.

8 minutes ago, rd79 said:

Bud refuses to answer the question seriously 

That's all well and good, but are we trying to lose games? Why not sit Korver who's struggling for THJr's development?  

Dennis can't even get garbage minutes.

Not buying it Bud.

Just now, JayBirdHawk sagte:

That's all well and good, but are we trying to lose games? Why not sit Korver who's struggling for THJr's development?  

Dennis can't even get garbage minutes.

Not buying it Bud.

Well we cant do anything but believe in the coaches decision. Afterall its his job that is on the line if he fails badly.  I believe an older player like Korver that struggles this hard after an injury needs more playing time than if he was younger, since he needs to get his touch back and also his confidence. I would love for Dennis to get back to the spot where he was, but he can get there faster than KK atm. In germany young soccer talents sometimes get bashed from their own managers, bc they want them to mature faster. I think for a young guy like dennis, that has such a fast paced life, in a whole different country, it can be benefizial if he gets a few days off, in order to grow on a personal lvl. If I was bud, I wouldnt risk that, but i dont see dennis's everyday behaviour like he does.

The ONLY reason to not be playing Dennis is to satisfy the allotment of people who whine and cry about how he's the main reason ATL loses momentum in the game when he comes in the game. And there are several people that do, Mo on Twitter is one of them. She even said that Dennis should have never been the 2nd PG to start the season and that Shelvin Mack was a much better option to win games, that ATL is losing games because of Schröder and Muscala only.

So hawks twitter pretty much hates Dennis.

Really baffled by this situation. Up until the Pacers game , Dennis had finally got back on track. I don't know if he got into it with Bud or if a trade is brewing but makes no sense to mess up the good chemistry we had going.  The bench is already weak and without the best player on the bench playing,, well you see  the results.  I hope the situation gets cleared up soon.

The trade for Splitter, who cant stay healthy

Trading the 15th pick for a guy who wears suits nightly

Playing Patterson so much despite just how little he produces.

Continuing to throw Kyle out there despite how awful he has been on both ends

Benching Dennis who had finally started to play well

A whole lot of head scratching decisions this season

34 minutes ago, Jody23 said:

Don't know how valid this is, but listening to the Peachtree Hoops podcast, they stated some advanced numbers show that the best lineups for the Hawks have Schröder in them over Teague.  That's interesting if true.

Someone else posted the numbers on a different Hawks blog. I honestly don't know how much to take from them when you consider just how bad Dennis was up until recently.  The numbers also show Baze in the negative as a starter  if the numbers are still the same from the last time I saw them