• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Why was Dennis out last night??

Wurider05

Personally, I don't think it's just Dennis.  I expect to see players in and out until the

trade deadline, both to see how all our players are doing, under fire, and to test

the waters to see if there is any interesting trading offers out there.

And then, there is getting the Hawks ready, a small bite at a time, for the playoffs.

We all expect our team to be there.  Everyone now has a better idea of how they wish

to prepare.  I know.  Playoffs are a long way off but we know better than to wait until

the last week before they start, then prepare.

:approved:

My suggestions, choose one or more

1. Hurt (maybe tooth still unfixed)
  2. Off court issues
  3. Showcasing Mack -> trade Mack
  4. Test if Mack can replace Dennis -> trade Dennis

There are some trade rumors (more suggestions), but nothing concrete in German fan forums

Edited by rd79

Maybe NY who we recently played is interrested in Dennis. Dennis had many good games against them and need an affordable guy with a future who can contribute now. Calderon is weak as p*ssy on D and teams like to give up on him after a year of being content with his stats and looks of things, but discovering he really hurts perimeter-D consistently.

But pls let it never be Philly.

1 hour ago, DS17Fanboy said:

Maybe NY who we recently played is interrested in Dennis. Dennis had many good games against them and need an affordable guy with a future who can contribute now. Calderon is weak as p*ssy on D and teams like to give up on him after a year of being content with his stats and looks of things, but discovering he really hurts perimeter-D consistently.

But pls let it never be Philly.

They gotta trade us kp or Melo 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Jody23 said:

I don't think it's that complicted.  He was playing very poorly as of late and Bud decided to sit him.  That simple.  Not sure why he won't dial back Korver the same way.

Not true. Dennis had a rough November but he picked it up in December particularly during the 6 game win streak. He had a bad all around game against Indy.

I think it's a disciplinary move.

Coach Bud said after the game that Mack played because they want to continue to develop and grow the bench guys. Right after that he said and it helps Dennis grow and develop too. It sounded to me like Dennis was in the dog house for something and Bud wants him to learn by sitting out a game.

12 hours ago, NBASupes said:

They gotta trade us kp or Melo 

lol best ATL could get for Dennis is probably Derrick Williams and Grant/Galloway which isn't really an upgrade.

9 hours ago, JRid said:

Coach Bud said after the game that Mack played because they want to continue to develop and grow the bench guys. Right after that he said and it helps Dennis grow and develop too. It sounded to me like Dennis was in the dog house for something and Bud wants him to learn by sitting out a game.

That'll definitely light a fire under him. I'm curious to see what his outlook on being a starter is during the summer. 

TBH if his game against IND warrents this kind of treatment, then I have to question Bud's method's and so will Dennis and his entourage. Being 2 of 8 and making 2 TO's within a 12 min stretch of game-time is noting out of the ordinary to happen now and then, even for star-players or for all-round appreciated vets. But usualy they get the time to make up for it in the rest of the game....

I say this in the light of Dennis playing very well in a streak of games before.  So, something else must have happened.  I dont think Bud is this stupid.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, DS17Fanboy said:

TBH if his game against IND warrents this kind of treatment, then I have to question Bud's method's and so will Dennis and his entourage. Being 2 of 8 and making 2 TO's within a 12 min stretch of game-time is noting out of the ordinary to happen now and then, even for star-players or for all-round appreciated vets. But usualy they get the time to make up for it in the rest of the game....

I say this in the light of Dennis playing very well in a streak of games before.  So, something else must have happened.  I dont think Bud is this stupid.

Agreed

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, DS17Fanboy said:

Obviously it was something outside of his production, and probably to do with his attitude.  As someone stated he had been going through the best stretch of the season by far outside of the Indy game. We can only speculate to what Dennis did to piss off Bud