• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Why was Dennis out last night??

Wurider05

I will say this, when Tiago comes back they need to go back to the set in stone rotations that had Schröder killing it in playing pick and rolls with Scott and Millsap. Or they're seriously going to risk undoing what they did at the end of December. Shelvin Mack is not an NBA player, and while I think Walter Tavares has a good future as at least a defensive big off the bench, he's not really an NBA player either.

The first sentence is really about 60% of the reason for the win streak.

I should say that Tavares is not really an NBA player right now.

, Have you guys been watching Dennis on the bench?  For someone who is supposedly "in the doghouse", he sure is happy on that bench.  No sulking at all.  Even cheering on his teammates.

I'm sorry, but the coach that led us to our first conference finals since the Hawks have been in Atlanta, has to get the benefit of the doubt from me.

He comes from a championship organization that is known to get the most out of their players.  So if coach wants to sit Dennis for a while to get him to play the right way, so be it.

LOL.  He's benched for 2 games, and people are freaking out.  Win 7 of our last 9 games, no matter, let's jump off a cliff because our coach is a perceived idiot.

Let's trade Bud and Dominique for Brad Stevens and Tommy Heinson.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sarcatic1 said:

Really baffled by this situation. Up until the Pacers game , Dennis had finally got back on track. I don't know if he got into it with Bud or if a trade is brewing but makes no sense to mess up the good chemistry we had going.  The bench is already weak and without the best player on the bench playing,, well you see  the results.  I hope the situation gets cleared up soon.

The trade for Splitter, who cant stay healthy

Trading the 15th pick for a guy who wears suits nightly

Playing Patterson so much despite just how little he produces.

Continuing to throw Kyle out there despite how awful he has been on both ends

Benching Dennis who had finally started to play well

A whole lot of head scratching decisions this season

Agreed:  there has been a lot of curious decision making by Bud this year, but like the poster above said, after last season and based on his work with the Spurs and Pop, Bud gets the benefit of the doubt.  Before today we were still tied for 2nd in the EC.  

I think we gotta just gotta see how this plays later in the season/after the AS break,  It's almost like the Spurs last year--they kinda slow-played it all season last season (hanging around 8th in the WC) and then came on STRONG at the end and ended up in 2nd place with a couple of games left and ended up missing out on holding on to the 2 and ended up with either the 5 or 6 seed.

Maybe Bud sees that we are still right there and thinks we can kind of "play possum" for awhile and peak late in the season.  Not sure the Hawks franchise should ever be that confident or arrogant but who knows?

In Bud We Trust.  (until there's real reason not to--and we aren't close to that point yet).

Edited by bumpyphish1
  • Like 1

I have a confession to make: Im actually Dennis's older brother Che. I will share some news with the ATL fans before anyone else from the media knows. Why you ask? Because Im just as much a badboy like my little brother, and as my name indicates: a man of the people.

Ok so here it goes. Dennis will go to Philly straight up for Joel Embiid.  Bud & co speculates on next year, now that the new SG/SF's didnt pan out and Korver is done.

I and Dennis dont like the decision made by the ATL front-office, but thats how the NBA world works. I wish the ATL the best of luck and hope Dennis's little stint here warmed the hearts of some of you.

One last time Dennis the Manice in the red and volt-green...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAISUDbjXj0

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, DS17Fanboy said:

I have a confession to make: Im actually Dennis's older brother Che. I will share some news with the ATL fans before anyone else from the media knows. Why you ask? Because Im just as much a badboy like my little brother, and as my name indicates: a man of the people.

Ok so here it goes. Dennis will go to Philly straight up for Joel Embiid.  Bud & co speculates on next year, now that the new SG/SF's didnt pan out and Korver is done.

I and Dennis dont like the decision made by the ATL front-office, but thats how the NBA world works. I wish the ATL the best of luck and hope Dennis's little stint here warmed the hearts of some of you.

One last time Dennis the Manice in the red and volt-green...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAISUDbjXj0

If this is true then I don't know what to say. Gambling that Embiid can somehow stay healthy at the cost of Dennis is insanity.

3 minutes ago, Sothron said:

If this is true then I don't know what to say. Gambling that Embiid can somehow stay healthy at the cost of Dennis is insanity.

The 76ers aren't doing that swap unless they know Embiid is finished since a healthy Embiid is light years ahead of Dennis as a prospect. 

@gonzo read that and was like ...

Mother of God

Actually, I'm shocked this thread hasn't blowed (yes, blowed) up yet.

My take, it wouldn't surprise me if it's true.  I'm sorry, but there's nothing Dennis could have done to warrant a multi-game sitdown.  Freakin Matt Barnes had to go upside a coach's head to get a 2-game suspension, so I was always of the opinion that it meant either Dennis (which I hate) or Mack (which I'd welcome with open arms) was getting moved.

ETA: This morning I saw a billboard advertising tomorrow's game that had Mack featured solo.  I thought it was odd.  Mack of all people.  TIFWIW

Assuming the rumor's true, this is a HIGH risk-HIGH reward deal.  Folks are saying Embiid's career could be in jeopardy.  Others are saying, if he plays, he's Olajuwon-esque.  Others are saying they question (still) Embiid's work ethic which I'm sure isn't aided by being in PHI (pre-Colangelo).

From the PHI side, this is a bad trade unless you KNOW Embiid is done.  If there's even an inkling that he can come back close to 100% you don't do this deal.  We love Dennis but he hasn't shown that he can consistently be a starter yet.

Ah well, I'm a lil scared at this point.  Actually, honestly ...

Scared and Horny

6ers fans probably read this rumor and went all ...

scared.gif

4 minutes ago, kg01 said:

@gonzo read that and was like ...

Mother of God

Actually, I'm shocked this thread hasn't blowed (yes, blowed) up yet.

My take, it wouldn't surprise me if it's true.  I'm sorry, but there's nothing Dennis could have done to warrant a multi-game sitdown.  Freakin Matt Barnes had to go upside a coach's head to get a 2-game suspension, so I was always of the opinion that it meant either Dennis (which I hate) or Mack (which I'd welcome with open arms) was getting moved.

ETA: This morning I saw a billboard advertising tomorrow's game that had Mack featured solo.  I thought it was odd.  Mack of all people.  TIFWIW

Assuming the rumor's true, this is a HIGH risk-HIGH reward deal.  Folks are saying Embiid's career could be in jeopardy.  Others are saying, if he plays, he's Olajuwon-esque.  Others are saying they question (still) Embiid's work ethic which I'm sure isn't aided by being in PHI (pre-Colangelo).

From the PHI side, this is a bad trade unless you KNOW Embiid is done.  If there's even an inkling that he can come back close to 100% you don't do this deal.  We love Dennis but he hasn't shown that he can consistently be a starter yet.

Ah well, I'm a lil scared at this point.  Actually, honestly ...

Scared and Horny

6ers fans probably read this rumor and went all ...

scared.gif

Geez, I hate to say it, but this trade sort of makes sense for the Sixers.  I LOVE Dennis and don't want it to be true.  I think Dennis is a future star and I love his enthusiastic, fearless play.  With the recent games not played, it does make one wonder...

They aren't going to be good any time soon, so they can afford to wait and let Dennis develop and his contract is more favorable.  Consider the Embiid injury risk, and I can see why Philly would do it.

From our side, I'd get it if Embiid wasn't out for the year.  That's the part that makes no sense to me.  If we are in a win now mode, why trade for a guy who won't even play this year and sacrifice arguably our best bench player?

All things being equal, point guards and legit centers don't grow on trees.  Both have the potential to be All-Stars.  The deal sort of makes sense....but I don't want it to be true.  Dennis has quickly become if not my favorite, my second favorite Hawk.

9 minutes ago, Jody23 said:

@kg01 Follow the youtube link in his post.  This is a joke.

:biggrin: Today is the day @DS17Fanboy became my arch nemesis.  Sir, you are dead to me ... as soon as I get this hook outta my cheek.

I do, however, still believe that a trade is in the worx.  And I did see the weird Mack billboard this morning so I'm not completely crazy.

11 minutes ago, bumpyphish1 said:

Geez, I hate to say it, but this trade sort of makes sense for the Sixers.  I LOVE Dennis and don't want it to be true.  I think Dennis is a future star and I love his enthusiastic, fearless play.  With the recent games not played, it does make one wonder...

They aren't going to be good any time soon, so they can afford to wait and let Dennis develop and his contract is more favorable.  Consider the Embiid injury risk, and I can see why Philly would do it.

From our side, I'd get it if Embiid wasn't out for the year.  That's the part that makes no sense to me.  If we are in a win now mode, why trade for a guy who won't even play this year and sacrifice arguably our best bench player?

All things being equal, point guards and legit centers don't grow on trees.  Both have the potential to be All-Stars.  The deal sort of makes sense....but I don't want it to be true.  Dennis has quickly become if not my favorite, my second favorite Hawk.

Don't mind me, bump.

I have failed you

We've been led astray.

6 minutes ago, Jody23 said:

@kg01 Follow the youtube link in his post.  This is a joke.

1) I don't see how the youtube video proves this is a joke even if it were posted by an American

2) I'm not sure at all how one can be sure this is a joke based on the fact the poster is German,

Still, praying this isn't true.  Dennis is gonna be a star.  I think he's much more of a sure thing than Embiid.

• Premium Member
28 minutes ago, bumpyphish1 said:

1) I don't see how the youtube video proves this is a joke even if it were posted by an American

2) I'm not sure at all how one can be sure this is a joke based on the fact the poster is German,

Still, praying this isn't true.  Dennis is gonna be a star.  I think he's much more of a sure thing than Embiid.

Lol, dude you've never heard of people being Rick rolled?

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Mack has been featured on the Hawks website, promoting that Knicks game too.  The banner on the website is probably the same as the billboard.

Maybe they ARE showcasing Mack to a team, so that he could be traded for someone else, or a draft pick.  If Bud could flip a guy like Mack for a decent wing that could immediately be thrown into the rotation, what will Bud's critics say then?

Edited by TheNorthCydeRises
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Mack has been featured on the Hawks website, promoting that Knicks game too.  The banner on the website is probably the same as the billboard.

Maybe they ARE showcasing Mack to a team, so that he could be traded for someone else, or a draft pick.  If Bud could flip a guy like Mack for a decent wing that could immediately be thrown into the rotation, what will Bud's critics say then?

Hope that's what is going on here....