MLK day dawns with the Hawks in 1st place!

Gray Mule

6 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Kenneth Faried.  

Bolster the frontcourt if Teague is dealt.  Teague + THJ for Faried.

Not that I want Jeff traded, but I wouldn't be mad at that.

@TheNorthCydeRises

Would Denver need Teague though with Mudiay there. They may elect to reroute Teague to another team.

Would even be better if we can geab Will Barton too.

Salary wise Teague, Holiday and Muscala works for Faried and Barton but we may have to include some kind of pick to sweeten the deal.  This way Denver clears Faried from the books.

• Premium Member
Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

Would Denver need Teague though with Mudiay there. They may elect to reroute Teague to another team.

Would even be better if we can geab Will Barton too.

Salary wise Teague, Holiday and Muscala works for Faried and Barton but we may have to include some kind of pick to sweeten.the deal.

Isn't Faried a power forward?

3 minutes ago, Jody23 said:

Isn't Faried a power forward?

He is but he can back up Paul Millsap in lieu on Mike Scott.  

I'm not saying he is the perfect fit but his activity on the boards and his ability to score from just hustle can help.

And with a $12 mil salary locked in over the next 3 years will be relatively small with the expected salary cap.

Edited by JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I'm not saying he is the perfect fit but his activity on the boards and his ability to score from just hustle can help.

And with a $12 mil salary locked in over the next 3 years will be relatively small with the expected salary cap.

Just asking here, but when Horford gets the max ($25 million?), would you then have about $65 million tied up in Horford, Millsap, Faried and Splitter?

Finally something I can disagree with @JayBirdHawk on!  Faried parlayed his USA bball stint into becoming one of the worst contracts in the league. If anything, DEN should be begging us to take him off their hands.  We shouldn't be having to put together a package to get him. DEN should be sweetening a deal to convince us to take him off their hands.  Yeah, I know DEN fans and probably their front office will bristle at that notion but they overvalue him because they kinda have to.

Faried rebounds but is not a good defender.  He's basically a hustle guy.  No, he's ONLY a hustle guy.  A homeless man's Tristan Thompson and he doesn't even have Thompson's size.  He's not a guy you trade for.  He's a guy you wait to get bought out then sign for the minimum.

4 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Finally something I can disagree with @JayBirdHawk on!  Faried parlayed his USA bball stint into becoming one of the worst contracts in the league. If anything, DEN should be begging us to take him off their hands.  We shouldn't be having to put together a package to get him. DEN should be sweetening a deal to convince us to take him off their hands.  Yeah, I know DEN fans and probably their front office will bristle at that notion but they overvalue him because they kinda have to.

Faried rebounds but is not a good defender.  He's basically a hustle guy.  No, he's ONLY a hustle guy.  A homeless man's Tristan Thompson and he doesn't even have Thompson's size.  He's not a guy you trade for.  He's a guy you wait to get bought out then sign for the minimum.

Hahaha. Like I said he's not a perfect fit.  At $11 mil that contract os a steal. Maybe all we need is a hustle guy. Wasn't Bazemore once just a hustle guy.  Scott's not a good defender either.  We get Barton also.

I'm not advocating for a trade.

42 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

So you're trading starters for bench guys? 

20 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Hahaha. Like I said he's not a perfect fit.  At $11 mil that contract os a steal. Maybe all we need is a hustle guy. Wasn't Bazemore once just a hustle guy.  Scott's not a good defender either.  We get Barton also.

I'm not advocating for a trade.

Unfortunately for us, it's the same with all these trades.  We need the trade-target in addition to one of our guys, not in place of (if that makes sense).  I'd want Faried in our rotation but there's no way I'd give up one of our starters for him.  And therein lies the rub (always wanted to use that phrase).  DEN's not giving him up for pix.  Especially when they're technically still in it for a playoff spot.  Curse the West Conference's desurgence (opposite of resurgence?).

Hopefully, closer to the deadline, more teams have fallen out of it and we can grab someone like Faried for our 1st (which we don't use anyway).  Quick somebody wake @hawksfanatic up from his midday nap (makin' moonshine all nite is a helluva job).  I want to know how/if/can we make a trade of a pick for a player making a higher salary than rookie scale.

54 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Unfortunately for us, it's the same with all these trades.  We need the trade-target in addition to one of our guys, not in place of (if that makes sense).  I'd want Faried in our rotation but there's no way I'd give up one of our starters for him.  And therein lies the rub (always wanted to use that phrase).  DEN's not giving him up for pix.  Especially when they're technically still in it for a playoff spot.  Curse the West Conference's desurgence (opposite of resurgence?).

Hopefully, closer to the deadline, more teams have fallen out of it and we can grab someone like Faried for our 1st (which we don't use anyway).  Quick somebody wake @hawksfanatic up from his midday nap (makin' moonshine all nite is a helluva job).  I want to know how/if/can we make a trade of a pick for a player making a higher salary than rookie scale.

I get it, same as I've always said we need to add to what we have not just replace pieces.

I'm basing this on the assumption that Bud decides to hand the reigns over to Dennis so he's trading Teague (and again I'm not advocating for that).

Ideally, I would want a starting SG/SF in the mold of Middleton, Hayward or even Batum.  If we can't get that caliber of a starter the other option is to improve the bench.  How many times it's been pointed out that we don't have 'a SUPERSTAR,' when you don't have one you need better bench players to bolster the starters.

5 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Plus he'd be insurance if for some reason we lose Horford in free agency.

What people don't understand is that you actually need a guy like Faried when the shots aren't falling.   He's the type who you can send to the offensive glass by himself, and he'll still come up with the rebound and get you 2nd chance possessions.

More important, he's absolutely lethal as a big man who can run the floor and finish on the break.  That's why he's on Team USA and thrives on that team.

We're 7th in the league in percentage of shots that are 3 pointers ( 31.8% ... league average is 28.2% ) ... but only 20th in the league in 3 point percentage makes ( 34.2% ... league average is 35.1% )

Compare that to last season, where we were 4th in shots that were 3's, and 2nd in 3 point makes.

In a world where Kyle Korver is an average 3 point shooter, we need to be able to win games in a variety of ways.