• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

And here we go....

Dejay

13 minutes ago, Dejay said:

Smart move Atlanta. When you think about besides Hudson Grille, there's no movie theater,  no other restaurants, no clubs, no strip clubs walking distance from the arena.

Lol could you imagine when opposing teams stay in hotels by this new entertainment district, players get drunk, stay out late the night before, Hawks would have a competitive advantage like how the Lakers did against the Warriors yesterday.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Dejay said:

Like the old Gold Club days. Oh my, what went down in that place...

I had to Google where the Gold Club was, it's Gold Room now. I never been there but yeah that's in Buckhead.

16 hours ago, BigDog90 said:

I had to Google where the Gold Club was, it's Gold Room now. I never been there but yeah that's in Buckhead.

I always found it hilarious that they turned that building into a church briefly immediately after they shut the Gold Club down.

Wasn't there a pseudo-celebrity shooting outside Gold Club which led to their closure?

By the way, I was a Clermont/Cheetah/Pink Pony guy. Clermont Lounge is still a riot :P

The Cheetah used to partner with former sports talk station 790 the Zone to have March madness. For less than eight bucks, you could get all of the food you want, watch basketball, and, well, some other things to your heart's content. Even though 790 shut down, they still did it last year. Not that I would ever know about such things but for some reason, that part in my car's engine always manages to go out around the same time that event is held , forcing me to miss work (which happens to coincide with my birthday). I had that part changed 7 of the last 9 years...

Edited by Dejay
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, hazer said:

Wasn't there a pseudo-celebrity shooting outside Gold Club which led to their closure?

By the way, I was a Clermont/Cheetah/Pink Pony guy. Clermont Lounge is still a riot :P

No they got closed for embezzling money from A list sports stars while they were ahem, "distracted"

15 minutes ago, Dejay said:

The Cheetah used to partner with former sports talk station 790 the Zone to have March madness. For less than eight bucks, you could get all of the food you want, watch basketball, and, well, some other things to your heart's content. Even though 790 shut down, they still did it last year. Not that I would ever know about such things but for some reason, that part in my car's engine always manages to go out around the same time that event is held , forcing me to miss work (which happens to coincide with my birthday). I had that part changed 7 of the last 9 years...

And the food was good too.   $5.  I remember we went one year and there was not place to eat, so the manager set us up in the champagne room.  I have no idea who won any games that day.   

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I always found it hilarious that they turned that building into a church briefly immediately after they shut the Gold Club down.

Chuuuuuuuuch-Snoop 

23 minutes ago, HawkItus said:

And the food was good too.   $5.  I remember we went one year and there was not place to eat, so the manager set us up in the champagne room.  I have no idea who won any games that day.   

I looked at my phone and lo and behold, they're doing it again. Next week on the 17th and 18th. A $7 cover charge gets you access to a buffet, booze, basketball, and well, other aspirations. 

Come to think of it, I believe that my car is due for a tune up. I'll schedule it...uh...perhaps on next Friday around 11....

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Dejay said:

I looked at my phone and lo and behold, they're doing it again. Next week on the 17th and 18th. A $7 cover charge gets you access to a buffet, booze, basketball, and well, other aspirations. 

Come to think of it, I believe that my car is due for a tune up. I'll schedule it...uh...perhaps on next Friday around 11....

I nominate Dejay for the HS Man o' the Year award.  Going out of his way to pay some chicks' tuition.  You're a good man, Dj.  I don't care what everybody says about you behind your bak.

2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I nominate Dejay for the HS Man o' the Year award.  Going out of his way to pay some chicks' tuition.  You're a good man, Dj.  I don't care what everybody says about you behind your bak.

I wouldn't say that I pay their tuition; maybe some books to help with their aspiring food services certificate from Le Cordon Bleu Institute. And while I do pay to get in, I do not believe in paying for the extras, especially for someone NOT to sleep with me. So the VIP room stuff, forget about that. We're all adults (most of the time). I can watch and keep it moving without any fuss.

The funniest thing to see are the wide-eyed noobs in there who call themselves falling 'in love' with one of the talents. You wouldn't laugh harder if you were at the Apollo during the Def Comedy Jam days...

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Dejay said:

I wouldn't say that I pay their tuition; maybe some books to help with their aspiring food services certificate from Le Cordon Bleu Institute. And while I do pay to get in, I do not believe in paying for the extras, especially for someone NOT to sleep with me. So the VIP room stuff, forget about that. We're all adults (most of the time). I can watch and keep it moving without any fuss.

The funniest thing to see are the wide-eyed noobs in there who call themselves falling 'in love' with one of the talents. You wouldn't laugh harder if you were at the Apollo during the Def Comedy Jam days...

Stop being modest, sir, and just accept your award.  Gotta love noobs.  The best are the ones that don't know when the 'dance' stops/starts and end up paying for 3-4 before they know what hit 'em.  Oh, what's that?  Nah, that didn't happen to me my first time at Jazzy T's. :ermm:

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Stop being modest, sir, and just accept your award.  Gotta love noobs.  The best are the ones that don't know when the 'dance' stops/starts and end up paying for 3-4 before they know what hit 'em.  Oh, what's that?  Nah, that didn't happen to me my first time at Jazzy T's. :ermm:

Or that time at Pleasers many years ago. A few Long Island ice teas will do that. Well, that's all I remember anyway, it was the night of my bachelor party....

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Dejay said:

Or that time at Pleasers many years ago. A few Long Island ice teas will do that. Well, that's all I remember anyway, it was the night of my bachelor party....

Ha!  I had mine at Strokers.  All I remember is I ended up getting kicked out :laugh:.

23 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Ha!  I had mine at Strokers.  All I remember is I ended up getting kicked out :laugh:.

Lol. I woke up the next morning in someone's closet. Glad I didn't drive that night; lives would've been at stake...

• Like 1