• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Braves and Yankees discussed a mega prospect deal

Admin

Any of you guys and gals read about this? As a Yankees fan I am thankful at this point that we didn't make this move. Severino should be the Yankees ace for years to come, Judge should be an easy 40+ homer guy, and Sanchez Jr should also have a long career as a big hitter and part time catcher / 1B. Clarkin should at least have a career as a long reliever but he's got a shot to be a 4th-5th starter as well.

I still think Banuelos will end up being a good pitcher for y'all but I'm sure glad we traded him instead of the guy he came up with Betances.

We wouldn't have ponied up enough to keep Heyward or Upton and the only piece we'd have of real comparable value to our star prospects would have been Simmons.

http://www.sbnation.com/mlb/2016/3/10/11192510/the-yankees-and-braves-almost-made-a-blockbuster-trade

It's been awhile since baseball has seen a true blockbuster trade. Not just a trade that's surprising, like when the Braves somehow convinced the Diamondbacks that Shelby Miller was worth Dansby Swanson, Ender Inciarte, and Aaron Blair, but one that includes at least twice as many players as that. According to Jon Heyman, the Yankees and the Braves almost pulled one off during the 2014-2015 offseason. This ill-fated trade would have sent Luis Severino, Aaron Judge, Manny Banuelos, Ian Clarkin, and Gary Sanchez to the Braves in exchange for Jason Heyward, Andrelton Simmons, David Carpenter, Melvin (formerly BJ) Upton and Chris Johnson. That's 10 players and a lot of talent changing hands, and both teams would have looked dramatically different after such a blockbust

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk