• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

John Drew

Trout7

I was curious how many on here remember watching John Drew play.  The first Hawks game i ever went to as a kid was in 1977, and in that game Drew hit a blind turnaround buzzer beater that beat the sixers and the Omni went nuts.  Sure would be nice to have a crunch time guy like that now.  John could grab a rebound and totally hide it behind his back.  One of the all time Hawk greats, and possibly would have been right at the top if not for the cocaine addiction.

• Like 3

• Premium Member

I saw JD play many times.   He was 6-6, 210 and and was a man in the paint.  John either scored or went to the free throw line.  He is the inside type player we need on this team to get over the top.   We have zero inside game.  If we had a player that could consistently get to the line in crunch time, we would be a serious contender.   I can't believe that deep three Thabo took near the end of the game against the Cavs when we were up smh.   IMO that lost the game for us.  

• Premium Member

I am old enough to remember him. He was a very good player. I'd love to see a guy like him on the current roster that could get inside and get to the free throw line. He was either going to get a basket or force you to foul him. Love that mentality.

• Like 1