Humprhies the last five games

Atlantaholic

• Premium Member

4 ppg on 37% shooting and 2.4 rpg. 

After a surprisingly scintillating start from Humph we are seeing a hard regression towards his personal mean. It was a little surprising to see Muscala eat away at his minutes yesterday in a playoff type game, but after seeing the way Humph he has played the last several games I can see why Bud chose to go with Moose. Considering this trend, what do you guys think the chances are that Moose takes Humph's spot in the rotation once the playoffs start?

Personally with the way Shchro and Humph have both struggled recently I wouldn't be surprised if we see a much tighter rotation in general come playoff time. Teague, Millsap and Horford are all seemingly in as good physical form as you can hope for at this time of the year, so look for each of them to average 36 mins + and Schro and Humph's minutes to see a sharp dip unless they start breaking out of their slumps. 

Bud said he Played Muscala because he played well in the game up in Toronto.  Moose might play some against the Hornets and Raps but won't be of much use if we face Cleveland.

• Moderators

Humphries may have been over his head early in his time with us, but he is still a valuable big off the bench for this roster and Moose doesn't offer enough to keep him off the floor.

• Like 2

Humphries at center has been exposed over the last five games. Truthfully...we are on a collision course with "Mike Muscala plays sign. mins off the bench in a playoff game after limited playing time in the regular season" again.

Edited by Lurker

Humps recent struggles can be tied directly to Dennis. Players like Hump have specific roles and relies on the PG to put them in position to succeed. Dennis has been brutal. 

I can live with some of the missed shots, but he's not running the team and setting up players for assists and he's turning the ball over too much.

Good god, people.  We are coached by Bud.  He benched Hardaway for 30 games this season and he's now playing 20+ mins a night.  Bud decides to rest Humphries a bit before the playoffs and you're freaking out.

Some of you don't understand our coach at all.  NEVER read too much into something so flippin' insignificant.  I was starting to question the Hardaway trade--learned my lesson there...never again.  But, that was something that lasted for over half the season.

To question or even dwell on Humphries's minutes is a wicked waste of your time.  He will pay off in the playoffs.  There is a method to all Bud madness.