• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

This upcoming draft and free agency, we still need to address the same two issues as last year

NBASupes

SG AND SF. We need both positions. This time, we need a starting SG or someone with the potential to be since Tim is more of a backup than a starter. 

SF, WE NEED a starter since we got a backup as well. Bazemore is more than good enough but for what he's going to get offered in free agency, it might be time to look for alternatives. 

So what do you think?

I'm tired of players leaving after they blow up.  I would at least make a decent offer to Baze,  11-12 million a year.  I know Horford will get the Max but doesn't his Bird Rights help us to sign him and not eat up our cap?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Blunt91 said:

I'm tired of players leaving after they blow up.  I would at least make a decent offer to Baze,  11-12 million a year.  I know Horford will get the Max but doesn't his Bird Rights help us to sign him and not eat up our cap?

Fair offer.  I think he'd have to turn down more to accept that tho.   Think he would?

1 hour ago, Blunt91 said:

Bazemore getting a lot more than 12 million tho

8 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Bazemore getting a lot more than 12 million tho

I wonder if  Baze would be willing to sign a 1+1 deal at a lower salary to stay.  Then in 2017 we will own his Full Bird rights plus another jump in the cap and he'll make more?  That's probably  asking too much from him considering he's on the low end of cumulative salary to date.

15 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I wonder if  Baze would be willing to sign a 1+1 deal at a lower salary to stay.  Then in 2017 we will own his Full Bird rights plus another jump in the cap and he'll make more?  That's probably  asking too much from him considering he's on the low end of cumulative salary to date.

That's on management. I wouldn't have a clue from where I stand. 

10 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

That's on management. I wouldn't have a clue from where I stand. 

I think it's more of what  Baze  and his  team would be willing to accept based on our available capspace.

Can management convince him  to take less than  he might garner for 1 more  year knowing he can cash in at the higher rate the following year?

He did say he prefers a winning situation over money but it's hard to pass up big guaranteed long term money.

11 hours ago, NBASupes said:

SG AND SF. We need both positions. This time, we need a starting SG or someone with the potential to be since Tim is more of a backup than a starter. 

SF, WE NEED a starter since we got a backup as well. Bazemore is more than good enough but for what he's going to get offered in free agency, it might be time to look for alternatives. 

So what do you think?

I'd start Tim. Look at the difference from 2013-14 and 2014-15 on how the starters performed after a year in the offense. 

Tim as a starter would be a different look for the Hawks, makes the backcourt more athletic and starting lineup age average younger. Also shows Horford they're committed to make this team competitive long term.

I'd sign Brandon Rush from GS if Bazemore leaves. He filled in well for Barnes and Hawks seem to like ex-GS guys (Bazemore, Holiday).

Edited by BigDog90

1 hour ago, bumpyphish1 said:

Silly.  Awful. Laughable.

I really don't know the right adjective for this.  Al will be maxed.  As he should.

Yeah Hawks really got no choice. They don't really have no other options going into FA in finding a big with his skill set. 

I think people are missing the point. Baze and Hardaway should be viewed as he SG's of the present and future. Kyle and Thabo are both old...and only have 1 year left on their contracts after this season. Kyle is probably playing his last year as a starter - at the most he's got one more year as a starter in him. Then a year or 2 as a backup before he calls it a career - IF we resign him. Kyle also has the size to backup at SF if it came to that.

Thabo is also no spring chicken; and only a backup at this stage of his career. We need to hold onto all 4 of those guys for now and add a solid young SF to replace Korver and/or Thabo after next season.

Baze as the starting SG with THjr backing him up looks pretty good to me for the next few years. We need to be keeping our younger players and preparing to replace the old ones; not the other way around. Splitter's $8m per season will be coming off the books after next season as well; just in time for Edy to take on a bigger role with a few years of NBA development under his belt.