• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ideal round 1 opponent

Ideal round 1 opponent  

28 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 hours ago, BrazilianHawk said:

Yup. If Miami loses, then Charlotte would have to also lose for we not to face the Heat in round one.  That is, if the Hawks get their homework done, of course.

Are you sure? I'm pretty sure that even if Charlotte wins and Miami loses, Miami gets the 5th seed and the Hornetsget the 6th. No?

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

Are you sure? I'm pretty sure that even if Charlotte wins and Miami loses, Miami gets the 5th seed and the Hornetsget the 6th. No?

You can check the chart in the merged Scenarios thread, but BrazHawk's right (assuming the Hawks win in DC, that is). The rule for drawing the heat is A.B.C. -- Atlanta, Boston, and Charlotte all win, we get miami. It's the only scenario in which we draw the heat.

~lw3

3 hours ago, BrazilianHawk said:

Yup. If Miami loses, then Charlotte would have to also lose for we not to face the Heat in round one.  That is, if the Hawks get their homework done, of course.

Oh crap ur right...Miami and Charlotte tied in their series 2-2 but Charlotte has the better conference record thus the higher seed. So we kind of desperately need the Magic to beat the Hornets as well to avoid playing the Heat.

So here it is:

Atlanta beats Washington

Orlando beats Charlotte

Boston beats Miami

and we are golden. :-)

I'm just curious...26 people voted on this topic. 18 want the Hornets, 7 want the Celtics and 1 wants the Heat.

Who voted to play the Heat? Lol. Show urself!!!!!

I'll say Hawks in 6/7 but if they play like the way they played the last two games they'll be out in five. I'd keep in mind though that a REALLY bad trait of these past two teams is the fact they've had letdown games against teams without their best players.

Then an ugly, ugly, ugly series vs Cleveland which forces the changes that people want to see, likely even a rebuild.

13 minutes ago, Lurker said:

I'll say Hawks in 6/7 but if they play like the way they played the last two games they'll be out in five. I'd keep in mind though that a REALLY bad trait of these past two teams is the fact they've had letdown games against teams without their best players.

Then an ugly, ugly, ugly series vs Cleveland which forces the changes that people want to see, likely even a rebuild.

I think Hawks got too cocky, looking too far ahead to the playoffs throughout this season. I just wonder how far ahead they're looking, hopefully they aren't thinking about ECF right now.