• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Dennis needs to hit the weights

Wurider05

He definately does.  It'll help all parts of his game, notably versus strong, solidly built PGs who try to muscle him around.  He's gonna fill out some naturally the next couple years still being a growing boy.  

I'm halfway to Josh Smith sigh territory every time he loads up a jumper.  Still a long way to go, but I'm getting there.  His jumper is dead broke.

I thought Moose was gonna hit the weights this summer but he looks like he's gotten skinnier.  Like Wtf.

• Like 4

Hit the weights on another team.  He isn't even remotely close to being able to take the reins of a team let alone play meaningful minutes.

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, Alex said:

Hit the weights on another team.  He isn't even remotely close to being able to take the reins of a team let alone play meaningful minutes.

I wouldn't go that far but let's just say I'm glad the Hawks didn't trade Teague away. Dennis clearly needs more time to develop before he can be a dependable PG.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, DJlaysitup said:

I remember an episode of the "Beverly Hillbillies" when Doctor Granny was fixing to do a brain transplant on Jethro.  That may be the best thing for Dennis - just take Dennis and Kirk H. and switch the heads :-)

Great idea.  Then the Dennis-headed, Kirk-bodied being can spend all the time it wants in its new lounge and Butler Tire.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, hawkman said:

I wouldn't go that far but let's just say I'm glad the Hawks didn't trade Teague away. Dennis clearly needs more time to develop before he can be a dependable PG.

I would rather spin Dennis to some desperate team than let Teague walk next season.  Teague is so much better and right now Dennis can't hold a candle to him.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Alex said:

I would rather spin Dennis to some desperate team than let Teague walk next season.  Teague is so much better and right now Dennis can't hold a candle to him.  

Philly needs a point guard and Okafor is said to be available. It would take alot more to get Okafor and I just don't think the Hawks have enough.

On paper it makes sense to buff dennis up, but it can also ruin a player. Just remember dirk having to buff up to rotate to the 5 position early on in his career, he could shoot for shit. I think this is just how dennis is and it wont get better by just adding muscle. I believe he looks unfortunate and a little helpless atm which might be due to personal reasons. But its all speculations.

1 hour ago, gonzo said:

On paper it makes sense to buff dennis up, but it can also ruin a player. Just remember dirk having to buff up to rotate to the 5 position early on in his career, he could shoot for shit. I think this is just how dennis is and it wont get better by just adding muscle. I believe he looks unfortunate and a little helpless atm which might be due to personal reasons. But its all speculations.

Dennis needs strength not just added weight.

@gonzo What's the speculation?  What personal reasons? Girlfriend issues, family issues????

• Moderators

I'm not shot doctor or anything but I don't think of upper body strength as the issue most of the time.   Strength in the legs maybe.   Who are the best shooters that come to mind?   Steph, Mark Price, Larry Bird, kevin durant ?   Not exactly pumped up guys.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

@gonzo What's the speculation?  What personal reasons? Girlfriend issues, family issues????

No fat, just strength!

13 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I'm not shot doctor or anything but I don't think of upper body strength as the issue most of the time.   Strength in the legs maybe.   Who are the best shooters that come to mind?   Steph, Mark Price, Larry Bird, kevin durant ?   Not exactly pumped up guys.

Agreed. When I balled back in the day, weights threw my shot off significantly and not just because of soreness. Weights for lower body and calisthenics up top for ballers imo.

vor 9 Stunden, JayBirdHawk sagte:

sorry for being so unprecise. I guess this happens when you write with a not native speaker. I meant its just speculations about him having to buff up. I have 0 insight on his personal life and havent read anything, sorry to dissapoint you jbh. :D