• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Swap Humphries for Tavaris

Gray Mule

Kris Humphries has sat on the bench in our first two playoff games.  He has played -0- minutes.

The second game was a blow out, yet he couldn't get in the game with 2 minutes remaining

and the Hawks obviously winning.  Since he was the only Hawk not to play, this seems to be

Bud's way of insulting Kris.  Either that or he's being punished.

What ever the reason, I think that Walter Edy Tavares should take his place.  He can sit on the

end of the bench as well as Kris and he might get a minute or two if we have another game like

the last one.  It would be a great experience for Edy.

What do you think?  - - Opinions are like noses.  Everyone has one and no two are exactly alike !!

• Premium Member

It's really really puzzling. Kris Humphries' game is tailor-made for the kind of game we experienced in Game 2. I still refuse to believe it's as simple as "coach's decision." It just doesn't make any sense.

And I'd be curious to see how it worked out, but if I recall correctly, Bud has only inserted Edy into games this season when the opposition had a legit big man... eg, Dwight Howard... and I think there's a probably good reason for that at this stage in Edy's development... mobile big men would probably give him trouble. I dunno.

Per Bud on 92.9 The Game:

No Reason for Hump not playing.

Both him and Muscala will help.

Muscala's length at the rim has been a positive impact.

Kris is ready - grabbing at Bud's shoulder and elbow to play.

He'll be ready when called upon when given the chance.

• Premium Member

Competition is a strong motivator, a few games on  the bench might motivate Kris enough for us to see the version of him that we had in April averaging 8 points and 4 rebounds in 16 minutes, it be nice to see him come back with a vengeance especially in the second round.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, aali34 said:

Competition is a strong motivator, a few games on  the bench might motivate Kris enough for us to see the version of him that we had in March averaging 8 points and 4 rebounds in 16 minutes, it be nice to see him come back with a vengeance especially in the second round.

FIFY, because he was nowhere near that in April. He was averaging 2.8 PTS and 1.7 REB in April. In less than 10 mins, but per 36 for rebounds is 6.3, not exactly good.

And his shooting percentages are horrid for a big man in April. 29.4% for a big man and you guys want him to play? If you don't play Muscala, you go with just three bigs or play Tavares.

I think some of y'all are just trying to find something to whine about and just waiting, waiting for this team to stumble in the playoffs before going off on everything (and it's coming soon as I do think this team drops a game in Boston but hopefully just one and they get a chance to close it out game 5).

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Lurker said:

I think some of y'all are just trying to find something to whine about and just waiting, waiting for this team to stumble in the playoffs before going off on everything (and it's coming soon as I do think this team drops a game in Boston but hopefully just one and they get a chance to close it out game 5).

I want us to win as much games as possible so we can sign KD

• Premium Member

Am I just making this up, or did we hear something like that all the while THjr was riding the bench?  I mean, I appreciate the intel for those of us who aren't paying close enough attention to C-Viv or to ATL sports radio. And it's not that I regard Bud as routinely dishonest.

But THjr went unexplained until it was actually explained once he got on the floor... and that together with, again, the fact that these games are the kind of games where Kris Humphries seemingly is a natural asset if ever he is a natural asset... I'm not buying it. Bud can downplay the situation, but I'm not buying it.

Team rule broken, and he just doesn't want to call attention to it? Plausible... Bud seems to have made clear efforts to protect his players in the media. Injury that he just doesn't want any future opposition to be aware of? Plausible. Off-the-court personal issues that Bud thinks might be impacting Humphries mental state? Plausible.

I don't know what the real answer is, I'm just one of those who is persuaded there's been a situation like this in relatively recent memory that later received better explanation, and I'm one of those, consequently, who is not persuaded that we have the real answer yet.

• Like 1

Naw, Lurker.  That wasn't it.  Not griping because he didn't play a lot.  Reread.  Just wondering why,

with less than 2 minutes to go and the game in hand with no possibility for him to mess things up,

Kris Humphries was the only Hawk not allowed on the floor.

Memories are made of this.  Some day, he may tell his grand children, "Yes.  I played in the 2016 playoffs

while I was with the Hawks."  But, if Bud will not allow him on the floor, even after the victory is secure,

something is wrong somewhere.  I just gotta wonder what.

• Like 1

On 4/21/2016 at 2:45 PM, Lurker said:

FIFY, because he was nowhere near that in April. He was averaging 2.8 PTS and 1.7 REB in April. In less than 10 mins, but per 36 for rebounds is 6.3, not exactly good.

And his shooting percentages are horrid for a big man in April. 29.4% for a big man and you guys want him to play? If you don't play Muscala, you go with just three bigs or play Tavares.

Using a  6 game sample size for April doesn't really tell us much. This is his minutes and shooting over the 6 games.

13 min - 0/4

11 min - 2/4

3 min - 0/1

8 min -  1/2

11 min - 1/3

11 min - 1/3