• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Isiah Thomas

Trout7

I really didn't know that much about Thomas before this series.  I heard a lot of people say that he wasn't a legitimate star player but was having a good year.  Is he really this good or is he just super motivated against the Hawks.  He seems as confident as any player i have ever seen go up against the Hawks. It now would not surprise me to see him carry the Celtics to winning this series.  He seems to be able to throw up shots at will at any time and they go in.  Some will say he just got hot but we don't have anyone anywhere close to his confidance level he is showing, and a confident leader can take you a long way.  I can't stand the little guy but i am impressed with his confidence.

vor 17 Minuten, Trout7 sagte:

I really didn't know that much about Thomas before this series.  I heard a lot of people say that he wasn't a legitimate star player but was having a good year.  Is he really this good or is he just super motivated against the Hawks.  He seems as confident as any player i have ever seen go up against the Hawks. It now would not surprise me to see him carry the Celtics to winning this series.  He seems to be able to throw up shots at will at any time and they go in.  Some will say he just got hot but we don't have anyone anywhere close to his confidance level he is showing, and a confident leader can take you a long way.  I can't stand the little guy but i am impressed with his confidence.

you question bill simmons irrational confidence guy: DENNIS "I F@ck YOU UP" Schröder?

Edited by gonzo
spelling error

He is a streaky scorer in the midst of a hot streak.  He's most dangerous when he gets to the line like he did last night.  I think people here underrate him because he's on the Celtics.  He isn't a point guard in my mind, but he's a scoring threat.  He's similar to Kyrie in that regard.  Neither can run an offense like a point guard should, but both can fill the bucket up.

• Like 1

We've held him down more times than he's gone off this season. He is a very talented, but streaky shooter. Last night he was hot from 3 and we did a horrible job defending him at the basket. At least wrap him up if you're going to foul. I think he had 3 or 4 and-1's on really soft touch fouls. Those extra points (and Scott's boneheaded violation) could have made the difference.

For the OP:

Isiah Thomas was an X NBA player for the Detroit Pistons from 81-94. He was chosen with the 2nd pick in the NBA draft in 81 after Mark Aguirre. He was a 12 time NBA all star, a 2 time NBA champion (89,90), a finals MVP (90) as well as a 2 time NBA all star game MVP (84,86). One of the best guards to ever play in the NBA. I think that gives you more of an idea of who Isiah Thomas was as an NBA player.....

ps I know you're probably thinking I'm a douche for this but if you're gonna start a topic, SPELL THE GUY's NAME RIGHT!!!! :-|

On 4/1/2016 at 10:23 AM, Spud2Nique said:

@kg01 is wondering..."What about hunky NFL refs like Edward Hochuli."

1 hour ago, Spud2Nique said:

For the OP:

Isiah Thomas was an X NBA player for the Detroit Pistons from 81-94. He was chosen with the 2nd pick in the NBA draft in 81 after Mark Aguirre. He was a 12 time NBA all star, a 2 time NBA champion (89,90), a finals MVP (90) as well as a 2 time NBA all star game MVP (84,86). One of the best guards to ever play in the NBA. I think that gives you more of an idea of who Isiah Thomas was as an NBA player.....

ps I know you're probably thinking I'm a douche for this but if you're gonna start a topic, SPELL THE GUY's NAME RIGHT!!!! :-|

I am 49 years old , that is a joke thinking i don't know who the Indiana University star is.  Sorry i don't spend my time researching all the different ways to spell Isiah. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Trout7 said:

I am 49 years old , that is a joke thinking i don't know who the Indiana University star is.  Sorry i don't spend my time researching all the different ways to spell Isiah. 

If you're 49 years old maybe you can take a joke, relax I was kidding. Lol.

• Admin
26 minutes ago, PSSSHHHRRR87 said:

He's a legit 6th man for most teams in the league and I say that because he's an undersized scorer with subpar PG skills. I like Elfrid Payton better...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree.  He is a shooting guard at 5'9 ... It works for Celtics because they have big ball handlers in Smart and Turner

1 hour ago, Trout7 said:

I like this because you spelled "Isiah" again.  Nicely done.

vor 2 Stunden, PSSSHHHRRR87 sagte:

He's a legit 6th man for most teams in the league and I say that because he's an undersized scorer with subpar PG skills. I like Elfrid Payton better...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hey pusher,

I think your kidding right here. payton is shit since he cant even hit a freethrow, you will never be able to let him play on a playoff team.  I think thomas is a legimate pg in this league, but he comes over emotion (german saying) as many subpar players do. He will never be great, but he doesnt have to. He is prooving right now that he can win playoff games, which is really rare. Give credit where its due, but dont hype anyone aswell. Payton hasnt proven anything yet imo. Cheers.

15 hours ago, Spud2Nique said:

For the OP:

Get biblical on him, Spud!

16 hours ago, Trout7 said:
14 hours ago, Alex said:

14 hours ago, Alex said:

I am not going to spell his name right after the little girl punch the punk threw. LOL

4 hours ago, MaceCase said:

Get biblical on him, Spud!

Amen!

2 hours ago, Trout7 said:

I am not going to spell his name right after the little girl punch the punk threw. LOL

Call me Rousey...:-/ actually that's @kg01...lol