• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Big Man Rebounding Versus Cleveland

AHF

• Moderators

I'm just going to let the numbers speak for themselves:

All wings and guards virtually even.  Atlanta wings and guards -1 on boards versus Cleveland (including LeBron).

Big Men - Cleveland +24 rebounds

Cleveland Big Men:  110 Rebounds (Love, Thompson, Frye and Mosgov)

Atlanta Big Men:  86 Rebounds (Horford, Sap, Humphries, Scott, Moose)

Cleveland Series Min ORB ORB/36 DRB DRB/36 TRB TRB/36
Humphries 47.4 6.0 4.6 14.0 10.6 20.0 15.2
Sap 147.2 16.0 3.9 25.0 6.1 41.0 10.0
Scott 43.0 0.0 0.0 8.0 6.7 8.0 6.7
Moose 21.6 2.0 3.3 1.0 1.7 3.0 5.0
Horford 131.6 0.0 0.0 14.0 3.8 14.0 3.8

• Like 4

You know a part of this is on Al. We all do. Too many times, he didn't make that extra effort that Sap and Humphries did to rebound the Basketball.  With that said, his defense, on, off and team was exceptional this series. His movement and screens was elite. He fell in love with that 3 point shot and I didn't like that. He also settled several times as well. Al is not without blame. He is not the reason we lost or got swept. Nor is Bud or anyone. We lost because we all didn't do enough and we all need to get better. 

Edited by NBASupes

8 minutes ago, AHF said:

I'm just going to let the numbers speak for themselves:

All wings and guards virtually even.  Atlanta wings and guards -1 on boards versus Cleveland (including LeBron).

Big Men - Cleveland +24 rebounds

Cleveland Big Men:  110 Rebounds (Love, Thompson, Frye and Mosgov)

Atlanta Big Men:  86 Rebounds (Horford, Sap, Humphries, Scott, Moose)

Cleveland Series Min ORB ORB/36 DRB DRB/36 TRB TRB/36
Humphries 47.4 6.0 4.6 14.0 10.6 20.0 15.2
Sap 147.2 16.0 3.9 25.0 6.1 41.0 10.0
Scott 43.0 0.0 0.0 8.0 6.7 8.0 6.7
Moose 21.6 2.0 3.3 1.0 1.7 3.0 5.0
Horford 131.6 0.0 0.0 14.0 3.8 14.0 3.8

At least Sap and Humph were on board. Al and Moose even in the same sentence  makes me really worried about a giant future investment in Al. Fives years of it to boot.

• Like 1

• Moderators

(Atlanta's big men played roughly 40-50 minutes more than Cleveland's this series as well because it is not including LeBron's time at PF so it is a bit generous to our big men).

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

6, 4, 1, 3

At first, I thought you were telling us how many runs the Braves were going to be outscored by before winning their next game. But this is the total amount of rebounds Horford had in the series. There is simply no spin to this. No starting center with his credentials should ever be posting up rebounding numbers like that. Ever...

• Like 3

• Premium Member

Some of these numbers are also due to the fact we want our wings rebounding while the bigs are more worried about shot blocking and help defense. That being said...these rebound numbers are just sad.

24 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

6, 4, 1, 3

For these pathetic rebounding numbers alone please give us a discount and oh ya...START RECRUITING!!!! I hate when I read that Wade will resign with Miami and start recruiting. WHY CANT WE? I mean, what does Wade do to recruit people? Wine n dine them in south beach? Get them high class hookers and limos for the week? Wtf! I want to know what Wade's pitch is to these guys...

"You know me, I'm flash with 3 rings thanks to Shaq and Lebron. I have a Pat Riley statue in my house. I wear white jeans for more than half the year, oh and speaking of half the year, more likely than not I'll be injured for that long so you have to carry me for the entire regular season before I come in during playoff time and hog the glory if we win. Join me won't you?"

42 minutes ago, Vol4ever said:

Will yall shut up about this, Bud said we don't have a rebounding problem and that it wasn't that important in his system.  

No he didn't - he said Offensive rebounding wasn't a priority, prefers to get back on defense.

• Moderators
35 minutes ago, Vol4ever said:

Will yall shut up about this, Bud said we don't have a rebounding problem and that it wasn't that important in his system.  

Game 1 - won rebounding battle (chance to win game), last lead 4.5 minutes left in 4th quarter, down 4 points with 2.5 minutes remaining

Game 2 - lost rebounding battle (no chance to win game), last lead 7 minutes left in 1st quarter, down by 36 to end 3rd quarter

Game 3 - lost rebounding battle (no chance to win game going down stretch), destroyed 36-17 in 4th quarter

Game 4 - won rebounding battle (chance to win game), last lead 1.5 minutes left in 4th quarter, outscored Cleveland in 4th

• Like 1

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

No he didn't - he said Offensive rebounding wasn't a priority, prefers to get back on defense.

Sadly, he didn't prioritize defensive rebounds either.  That has been my focus all season - I get the rationale for giving up on offensive rebounds to maximize defense.  I don't get when you get blistered on the defensive boards.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, AHF said:

Game 1 - won rebounding battle (chance to win game), last lead 4.5 minutes left in 4th quarter, down 4 points with 2.5 minutes remaining

Game 2 - lost rebounding battle (no chance to win game), last lead 7 minutes left in 1st quarter, down by 36 to end 3rd quarter

Game 3 - lost rebounding battle (no chance to win game going down stretch), destroyed 36-17 in 4th quarter

Game 4 - won rebounding battle (chance to win game), last lead 1.5 minutes left in 4th quarter, outscored Cleveland in 4th

Great post. 

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, AHF said:

I was being sarcastic and agree with you.  

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Vol4ever said:

I was being sarcastic and agree with you.  

I know.  I was just showing how we fared in the games we won the rebounding battle versus the ones we didn't.  We did have a lot of people making the argument earlier this season that rebounding was not important.

• Like 1