• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Taurean Prince... WHO IS IN??

Diesel

• Premium Member

I would give away this pick this year.  Let's get Prince.  He's a guy that fits what we like.  6'7" 220... I think he has good size.. (would prefer 6'9") but he's a defensive guy too.

If we can't fill the wang with a vet, I'm all for taking this guy.  I read that he's atleast competent from 3 too and a good board guy for his size.  Yes, please.

Again, assuming we can't get a vet.

He's been described as a DMC type of workhorse. Coach up his three pointer and maybe we have our new DMC/Bruce Bowen type of 3 and D. He improves our size at the position. He really seems like he will put in the work.

I like Prince a lot, prolly my 2nd fav after Valentine but if we are retooling, we need a vet to start. If he is our 9th or 10th guy then by all means, but I don't think he can be a starter right away.

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

I like Prince a lot, prolly my 2nd fav after Valentine but if we are retooling, we need a vet to start. If he is our 9th or 10th guy then by all means, but I don't think he can be a starter right away.

I see him as our Stanley Johnson.   A guy who is not ready yet, but may flourish wth some seasoning.

2 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I see him as our Stanley Johnson.   A guy who is not ready yet, but may flourish wth some seasoning.

I like Prince a lot but he is not close to the talent level of Stanley. There's a big gap there. But I understand your thinking to season him.

Whats frustrating about the small forward position is there is a player out there the Hawks could get,  very good player, but the dude got issues. Michael Beasley.  Just wasting talent in Houston . Reminds me of the way J.R. Rider wasted his chances until he got booted from the league.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Dejay said:

Same here. I wouldn't know him if he walked into my office...

You mean my office ... for which you change the trash every day (ohhhh).  Just kidding, DJ.

I don't think any of us watch a whole lot of college ball but you don't have to watch much to know who the key prospects are.

@Hawkmoor I'm totally convinced you are out of your mind.  There's a reason Beasley had to go to China and barely got a sniff to get back in the league after being the #2 pick.  Freaking Marvo got opp after opp and he's never put up the nimbers Beasley's is capable of.

Edited by kg01

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Hawkmoor said:

Whats frustrating about the small forward position is there is a player out there the Hawks could get,  very good player, but the dude got issues. Michael Beasley.  Just wasting talent in Houston . Reminds me of the way J.R. Rider wasted his chances until he got booted from the league.

I mentioned him in the other thread.  His was a #2 pick overall right.  The guy is talented and had some bad decisions.   I also think that our target may be Jeff Green.   I think that there has been too much talk about him in the past for us to not take a shot at him now.   The thing is that I love Green's size... 6'9 235.  I think that he would be perfect at our Starting 3.  He's not a three point shooter yet, but I actually like that too.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Diesel said:

I mentioned him in the other thread.  His was a #2 pick overall right.  The guy is talented and had some bad decisions.   I also think that our target may be Jeff Green.   I think that there has been too much talk about him in the past for us to not take a shot at him now.   The thing is that I love Green's size... 6'9 235.  I think that he would be perfect at our Starting 3.  He's not a three point shooter yet, but I actually like that too.

Green wouldnt be a bad pickup. It would be a upgrade definitely over baze.

• Premium Member

Green wouldnt be a bad pickup. It would be a upgrade definitely over baze.

I think he would bring Defense to the table and offensively he's middle of the road.  I would actually move Baze over to the Sg position with Green. 

Here's How my wings would look in said case:

C, C.

Sap, PF, PF

Green, Korver, Green

Baze, Thabo, THJr,

PG, PG

2 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I think he would bring Defense to the table and offensively he's middle of the road.  I would actually move Baze over to the Sg position with Green. 

Here's How my wings would look in said case:

C, C.

Sap, PF, PF

Green, Korver, Green

Baze, Thabo, THJr,

PG, PG

Can he shoot better than Baze?  Thats all i want to know.

• Premium Member

Can he shoot better than Baze?  Thats all i want to know.

I doubt it.   I think he's low 30s from three.   He's about 45 from 2.   Then again, DMC didn't look like a three point shooter before he met Bud.  Neither did Sap.  Neither did Horf.  Neither did Baze. Neither did Thabo or Scott.  I'm not worried about his shooting right now, Size matters.

• Like 1