• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Game radio: Teague, Korver and the 21st to Minnesota for 5th pick ( Bobby Hield)

Hawkmoor

12 minutes ago, PSSSHHHRRR87 said:

Ptoblem is that the NBA is PG rich. A lot of great PG's in this league which makes Teague less valuable in a trade... Simple supply and demand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The NBA is a PG need sport now. If you don't have one, you suck. Look at all the teams who missed the playoffs. All didn't have a PG. PG is the new QB. It's the 80s verison of the center position.

33 minutes ago, PSSSHHHRRR87 said:

Ptoblem is that the NBA is PG rich. A lot of great PG's in this league which makes Teague less valuable in a trade... Simple supply and demand.

The NBA is PG rich for the teams that have one.  Teams in need: Bucks, Nets, Knicks, Jazz, Kings, Rockets, Grizzlies (if Conley leaves), Sixers.

9 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

The NBA is PG rich for the teams that have one.  Teams in need: Bucks, Nets, Knicks, Jazz, Kings, Rockets, Grizzlies (if Conley leaves), Sixers.

Look at all the teams who missed the playoffs. Almost all need PG's 

1 minute ago, Spud2Nique said:

Dangle Teague but only for a top 10 pick if you love a kid in the lottery...Pelicans, Kings and possibly the Bucks.

Jeff is worth more than a top 10 pick in this weak ass draft but he's not worth anywhere close to a top 3 pick which would help us. This draft after 3 is weak as hell. Role player galore. I do like Hield but not trade Jeff like Hield. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I'm for anything that gets us a top 5 pick. Top 2 is even better. Trade who you need to trade. This franchise needs a shot in the arm badly. I like Hield, but Ingram would be 100% better. Jaylen Brown is a local kid in the Lottery that also fits a need.

• Moderators

The NBA is a PG need sport now. If you don't have one, you suck. Look at all the teams who missed the playoffs. All didn't have a PG. PG is the new QB. It's the 80s verison of the center position.

Most teams have at least good PG... Only New York, Brooklyn, Utah, and Philly really needs a PG.

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, PSSSHHHRRR87 said:
1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

Most teams have at least good PG... Only New York, Brooklyn, Utah, and Philly really needs a PG.

The good news is that the FA pool is pretty dry after Conley this season (add Memphis to the list if they lose him).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PSSSHHHRRR87 said:

Orlando?

Bucks?

Utah?

NY teams

Philly? 

LAL? Russell, is more of a SG

Sacramento?

Denver?

Houston?

Dallas?

San Antonio might be looking for one soon. Not that they got assets for Jeff.

That's about it.

46 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Jeff is worth more than a top 10 pick in this weak ass draft but he's not worth anywhere close to a top 3 pick which would help us. This draft after 3 is weak as hell. Role player galore. I do like Hield but not trade Jeff like Hield. 

I agree with you but because we are the Hawks we always get hosed...so getting a top 10 is prolly the best we could do if we went that route. The Pelicans, Kings and Twolves could crack the top 3 and might be in desperation mode to make the playoffs and might consider Teague+21 for a top 3. Personally I'm still thinking we retool and stay with vets or at least guys who have somewhat proven themselves in the NBA already. Because if you trade for a top 3 pick, you would think you need to play him significant minutes and due to the learning curve in the NBA, that equals some losses. So unless we want to go all out rebuild, I doubt we are trying to go high lottery unless Bud loves a Kawhi type guy in this draft.

Sorry but I don't see any team trading Bender, Ingram or Simmons for Teague. While none of them are generational, all three have franchise player potential. Teague is a very good PG but he's not an elite PG nor is he a Star. He's just a top 10 PG who puts up excellent per36 numbers and runs an offense well and make few mistakes.

He's probably our 2nd or 3rd best PG in Atlanta history. 

Orlando?

Bucks?

Utah?

NY teams

Philly? 

LAL? Russell, is more of a SG

Sacramento?

Denver?

Houston?

Dallas?

San Antonio might be looking for one soon. Not that they got assets for Jeff.

That's about it.

You just proved the value of teague. With that many teams needing a point guard, Bud can get what he wants for teague.

• Moderators

I named 4 teams you just named... Bucks have MCW. Orlando seems to switch between Payton and Oladipo. Who would we want from Orlando? Sacramento has Rondo if he comes back. Lakers prolly need a PG but likely will save cap for a big splash... And not fair, Houston and Dallas were playoff teams... Although Dallas has D-Will.

7 hours ago, Hawkmoor said:

Agreed.  Teague looks like he is gonna be the trade bait now that Dennis had a good playoff run. I have no problem with that because like i said, Heinrich can back him up. I look for teague to be involved in whatever move they make during the off season.

I saw STTE in another thread. How come people are saying that we have Hinrich next year? I don't believe he's under contract. Maybe we got his bird rights from the trade, but there are no guarantees he's back with the Hawks as I understand it. Or maybe I missed something. Eh?

1 minute ago, LamarHampton said:

I saw STTE in another thread. How come people are saying that we have Hinrich next year? I don't believe he's under contract. Maybe we got his bird rights from the trade, but there are no guarantees he's back with the Hawks as I understand it. Or maybe I missed something. Eh?

Eh? Who are you, cap21? Lol...I'm not sure if the captain is under contract but I don't think he's got much left in the tank.