• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Dwight Howard: Embarrassing

volman

What an embarrassment on inside the NBA. 

Saving for for the morning when  I have time to post all of the examples. 

3 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

The morning ended an hour ago soldier.

:laugh: Would've also accepted "brosephine".

They played some clips on the radio this morning.  I didn't find any of it all that odd considering who was speaking.

Basically tried to explain why people don't like him.  Seemed to suggest the success in ORL set people's expectation level too high.  Said he doesn't know if he should smile, not smile, blah, blah, blah.

• Premium Member

I watched the interview with Howard.  I'm one of those guys who is a sucker who thinks that maybe this guy is serious about wanting another shot to win it.   Honestly, I think the desire is there. I think Howard is learning how to play off the roids (Something Lebron should do).   That being the case, he's still as defensive as he ever was and he still has the ability to be an offensive lead. Since we are definitely moving Teague, I would see what combination Houston would like for D12.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
Just now, kg01 said:

:laugh: Would've also accepted "brosephine".

They played some clips on the radio this morning.  I didn't find any of it all that odd considering who was speaking.

Basically tried to explain why people don't like him.  Seemed to suggest the success in ORL set people's expectation level too high.  Said he doesn't know if he should smile, not smile, blah, blah, blah.

It can be a Homecoming for D12.  If it were possible, I would move Teague, Horf, and Splitter for D12/Ariza.. then I would seek to sign a BU C.

But I know it's not possible... Just looking to get a rise outta Horf's biggest fan.

2 minutes ago, Diesel said:

It can be a Homecoming for D12.  If it were possible, I would move Teague, Horf, and Splitter for D12/Ariza.. then I would seek to sign a BU C.

But I know it's not possible... Just looking to get a rise outta Horf's biggest fan.

Sounds like he got a rise outta you with that nonsensical trade proposal.

• Moderators

If there was no cap and unlimited cash then maybe but we can't wrap that much money in a guy just to rebound and block shots.   There are much more cost effective ways.   As these playoffs continue to show, bigs aren't the first ingredient to a championship.   Wings that are real scoring threats are.   Rebounders are necessary and secondary.    

Just now, macdaddy said:

If there was no cap and unlimited cash then maybe but we can't wrap that much money in a guy just to rebound and block shots.   There are much more cost effective ways.   As these playoffs continue to show, bigs aren't the first ingredient to a championship.   Wings that are real scoring threats are.   Rebounders are necessary and secondary.    

True.  My latest conspiracy theory has us offering a high, but reasonable deal to RFA Boban (SA).  Spurs owe us one and will choose not to match.  Boom, we have a rugged C.

It was  an awkward interview.  Barkley put on him on the spot by asking him " why do you think it is that people don't like you?"   And then they proceeded to tell him that he struggled in Houston because Harden was the the worst kind of player for a big man to play with because he dominates the ball and stagnates ball movement.  They also tried to give him advice on being himself on the court and not paying attention to the talking heads.

• Premium Member
33 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

If there was no cap and unlimited cash then maybe but we can't wrap that much money in a guy just to rebound and block shots.    

Dikemebe Mutombo is MAD AS HELL RIGHT NOW!!!

You must be a youngster.

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, Ropadope said:

It was  an awkward interview.  Barkley put on him on the spot by asking him " why do you think it is that people don't like you?"   And then they proceeded to tell him that he struggled in Houston because Harden was the the worst kind of player for a big man to play with because he dominates the ball and stagnates ball movement.  They also tried to give him advice on being himself on the court and not paying attention to the talking heads.

I think that when you look at Howard... He's a great player, could be a superstar.  However, his immaturity with the media is what has been his Achilles.    He needed a guy who could groom him into being good with the media.    Let's look at his last two mistaken stints...  Playing with Kobe... Playing with Harden.  As a big, he's not going to achieve in either situation.   Especially not without a coach like Phil Jackson.   Will coming here help?  I think we have a part of a team to put around him, but I have trouble seeing the coaching.  We need to be more like Early Stan Van Gundy in a sense.   Put him in the middle and dump it down to him and let his presence cause a problem for defenders on the perimeter.

The fact that Cleveland was able to face guard Kyle with doubles and switches tells me that we had nothing inside that Cleveland feared.

For all the praise that Al gets, he has abandoned inside play.  IF that's coaching scheme then the coach/GM ought to fire himself.  However, I never remember Horf being a strong inside guy in the first place... two injuries in,  I still don't see it.

Howard has been that.   I think he can still be that, but he has to get to a team that's not afraid to feed him.   I think he will flourish in Charlotte and him going to Charlotte is one reason I would push hard for him to come to Atlanta.   We got better shooters and he and Dennis PNR would dominate Basketball.

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, Diesel said:

You must be a youngster.

1.  you know i'm not a youngster unless you only write posts and don't read them

2. how many times did we get past the second round with Deke? 

3. Do you not agree that we need scoring first and foremost?  

4. I know Deke, I've been to soccer games with Deke (once), and Dwight is no Deke.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, JSmooooove said:

No way would I ever want this guy on my team until he can shoot at least 60% on free throws. I would gouge my eyes out having to watch the hawks get hack-a-dwighted every game. 

The league will do away with Hack-a- _____ this year.  It's hurting the flow of the game.   But even if they don't,   if we had him... we'd have a lead when they went to hack-a-Dwight.  Putting the team we're playing in the penalty early is a good thing.   We would just need to go out and find an always slashing Sf.  (Jeff Green).

1 hour ago, Ropadope said:

They also tried to give him advice on being himself on the court and not paying attention to the talking heads.

Lol.  Hey, we have some advise for you Howard.  Don't listen to us.  Now take our advise.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JSmooooove said:

No way would I ever want this guy on my team until he can shoot at least 60% on free throws. I would gouge my eyes out having to watch the hawks get hack-a-dwighted every game. 

I think that would be the main issue Bud would have with him, given how much Bud uses "Hack-a-player."

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Diesel said:

You must be a youngster.

If it was the Deke era you'd  have a point  where you had legitimate post playing  bigs.

It's  the money for blocks and rebounds that @macdaddy pointed out.

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, ATLSmith said:

Lol.  Hey, we have some advise for you Howard.  Don't listen to us.  Now take our advise.

I think Dwight is indicative of the next wave of players.   Players that are tuned into social media.   Even LESTeriod is tuned in to his Instagram account these days.   Howard just needs a life coach who can teach him how to unplug and how to talk to the press.  I think the Howard is a cancer stuff is merely the vilification he gets from the press.  He's a good dude.  He just has to learn how to manage life (something college may have taught him).

• Moderators

Dwight is 31 years old and announcers are 'giving him advice' like he's their nephew.   Can you imagine them doing that to Lebron or Kobe?     If he hasn't figured out life in the nba by now i don't see it.   And the one thing we know is he doesn't have the makeup to be a true star.     He just completed his 12th year in the league.   I mean seriously.  

• Like 1

• Premium Member

If they were going to give him advice with the motive of helping him rather than trying to make themselves seem smart, then pull the young man aside off the air, away from the cameras and have a conversation.  No need to do him like that on national tv.

• Like 2