Word on the block is Atlanta is going to be extremely active on draft night

NBASupes

Not saying we will make any trades but Atlanta is talking to a lot of teams. Tomorrow night will clear a lot up. Teams are trying to move back or trying to get vets for their picks. A lot of calls coming from us and to us. 

Word also is Melo is leaning towards staying in NY but is willing to listen to potential trades which is miles better than it was just 4 months ago. I heard it's due to money. He wants that Trade kicker money if traded.

Atlanta will be very active but that doesn't mean anything that's a lock.

3 minutes ago, Diesel said:

This is one of those...

We could or could not be going after Lebron in the offseason kind of posts.

Meaningless.

Not really, we are usually active but this time is different. From what I've heard, we are getting good returns from several teams in the league regarding Sap, Dennis and Jeff. Especially Sap and Jeff. I personally don't think they will deal Sap but Jeff or Dennis could be traded. 

• Premium Member
Just now, NBASupes said:

Not really, we are usually active but this time is different. From what I've heard, we are getting good returns from several teams in the league regarding Sap, Dennis and Jeff. Especially Sap and Jeff. I personally don't think they will deal Sap but Jeff or Dennis could be traded. 

Yeah, it's easy to see interest.. especially in Dennis.  I don't see Jeff or Sap because this is their contract years.  Nobody wants to give up a good pick for a rental.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Yeah, it's easy to see interest.. especially in Dennis.  I don't see Jeff or Sap because this is their contract years.  Nobody wants to give up a good pick for a rental.

They are due for an extension. Teams with a lot of cap space value that, especially a team like Denver.

Jeff and Millsap aren't rentals unless they want to be rentals. From what been said, they are willing to extent especially Jeff if the money is right. On another note outside of Atlanta, every team is trying to move back or trade their pick. Even if they think they will get the 1st pick but so far, it seems to be a dead superstar trade market. Indy isn't moving George, Cousins is staying as well as Butler. Memphis has been talking to teams about trading Gasol but teams think their value is too high and want him for less.

The Lakers has been trying to trade Nick Young to anybody and have have spoke to teams about Lou Williams.

There is no consistency in this draft. One scout got Bembry in the top 10. One got Hield at 20th and Diallo has moved from the 2nd round to some teams top 12. The draft is crazy weak. Teams are not excited this year. You guys probably know some of this but this is what I got.

Teams to watch for that's been active: Brooklyn, Memphis, Atlanta, Orlando, Denver, Philly and Houston as usual. 

13 minutes ago, LamarHampton said:

Please provide a link or source.

There is no link. My word on street is purely off the record convos. I usually do one when I hear interesting stuff on the Hawks. Sometimes it ends up being just gas and then at others times, it's legit.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Question since Teague would be a rental the team that trades for him wouldn't they have the right to go over the cap resigning him? If so the team that lands Teague if traded probably as a good chance of resigning him.

We shall see how serious the Hawks are in revamping the team. Talk is cheap action is what is needed. I hope getting swept a 2nd time by the Cavs plsu the abysmal record vs Cleveland and Toronto have opened the Hawks owner/management that the Hawks need to make some big changes.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, thescout5 said:

Question since Teague would be a rental the team that trades for him wouldn't they have the right to go over the cap resigning him? If so the team that lands Teague if traded probably as a good chance of resigning him.

Sure.  However, nobody wants to get Danny Manning'ed out of a first rounder.

Teague has to go to a team and then Like it.   If he's traded to a team... say the Pelicans.. and hates the city and wants to go home to Indy... what's there to stop him from signing with Indy?  The Cap will still be going up so there will be money in the pot.

Don't be fooled by the pods that he's got, he's still he's still supes from the block. :-|

ps My Girl Scout cookie girl said the Hawks are anxious to see where the Pelicans, Twolves and Kings draft tomorrow night.

pps Oh, she came back cuz she forgot my coconut clusters and to tell me that Philly is interested in our roster too.

11 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Teague has to go to a team and then Like it.   If he's traded to a team... say the Pelicans.. and hates the city and wants to go home to Indy... what's there to stop him from signing with Indy?  The Cap will still be going up so there will be money in the pot.

It's not that clear cut. Atlanta wants both but knows one has to go. I don't think it's clear who's leaving and going as much as fans think. This might be a leverage talk but it seems like Atlanta is okay with keeping one or the other.

• Like 1

So a very weak draft class and the Hawks are going to attempt to get more picks?  Makes sense.  

41 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Money talks alot of times so most athletes want the money and the surroundings help but the player would really have to hate the place to leave turning down more money.The cap will go up but the team that the player plays for will have an advantage because they can offer more money.

1 hour ago, Alex said:

So a very weak draft class and the Hawks are going to attempt to get more picks?  Makes sense.  

What about ya boy Valentine. Still weak? Lol.