• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Would we have beaten the Raptors?

Diesel

• Premium Member

Going into the playoffs, the Raptors were the team that scared me the most.   However, as I look at them now.. those guys have lost it.  It's like the Transformers movie... Ultra Magnus gave up the matrix and got small.     I think it's a matter of confidence witht their shooting.

Here's the thing though.

Us making it back to the finals would have only done one thing... prolonged the overhaul that this team needs.   Because we would have still gotten swept. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member

That Transformers movie was and still is awesome.  The Raptors are out matched against Cleveland like everyone else in the East.  But I do believe they would have beat the Hawks in a very competitive series.

• Like 2

Well we beat them last year - but with them having DMC instead of us it would be tough IMO.  Either way, no E.C. team is beating the CAVs.

For this reason I truly feel it is not time to tank and rebuild.  May as well try to get better "a bit" and get back to the ECFs and maybe win a home game :^)

Cleveland will win the NBA Championship this year - and probably next year.

Stay in the mix and hope LeBron is abducted by aliens on vacation

• Like 1

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, DJlaysitup said:

Well we beat them last year - but with them having DMC instead of us it would be tough IMO.  Either way, no E.C. team is beating the CAVs.

For this reason I truly feel it is not time to tank and rebuild.  May as well try to get better "a bit" and get back to the ECFs and maybe win a home game :^)

Cleveland will win the NBA Championship this year - and probably next year.

Stay in the mix and hope LeBron is abducted by aliens on vacation

No. I think Cleveland will lose in the finals again.  They are playing much better but I just think the western teams are on another level.  Cleveland is competitive with the West but there's enough star power out west to nullify the Lebron influence on the refs.  Also, I don't think Cleveland can be perfect. 

8 hours ago, Diesel said:

Going into the playoffs, the Raptors were the team that scared me the most.   However, as I look at them now.. those guys have lost it.  It's like the Transformers movie... Ultra Magnus gave up the matrix and got small.     I think it's a matter of confidence witht their shooting.

Here's the thing though.

Us making it back to the finals would have only done one thing... prolonged the overhaul that this team needs.   Because we would have still gotten swept. 

The Raptors dont fear the Hawks. They wouldve won. The Raptors fear the Cavaliers.  The eastern conference finals isnt even watchable.  Cavaliers in 4 and Golden State in 6.

Edited by Hawkmoor
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

The Raptors dont fear the Hawks. They wouldve won. The Raptors fear the Cavaliers.  The eastern conference finals isnt even watchable.  Cavaliers in 4 and Golden State in 6.

The Raptors and the Heat had their way with us this year. I'm confident your right on about their lack of fear (a lot of confidence) towards us. Toronto being without their center would have surely helped us but then if we did take them we would still have to face LeBron. He seems to be a brick wall for us. Jeepers.  

• Moderators

We could have beaten them without Valanciunas.  With him....more of a toss up.  The Raptors suffer from some predictable offense that gets exploited by defenses in the post-season exemplified by Derozan.  They are a better regular season team than post-season but do present some matchup problems for us.  It would have been a good series.