Bismack Biyombo proves why the Hawks NEED Dwight Howard.

Hawkmoor

What have SOME proponents of Dwight Howard been saying over and over on this messageboard? In the playoffs, you got to be PHYSICAL. You got to REBOUND, and if you playing a team with a superstar, you rough him up.  Biyombo almost singlehandly is the reason the Raptors dispatched the Heat and are back in this series against the Cavaliers.  Ive said it over and over, you GIVE Lebron the jumper and rough him up inside.  The Raptors are trying to stop his drives, but it doesnt matter that he can get around Carroll at times, its the punishment he is receiving from Biyombo.

If you PLAY physical, the referees are forced to adjust to the game. If Lebron can play physical, then YOU have to be allowed to play physical back, not that finesse Hawks crap that Bud has been doing.  Let me say it again,  Al Horford is a BETTER PLAYER than Dwight Howard. THATS the problem.  Horford is good enough that Bud refuses to adjust his offense or the physical interior style of defense that is needed in the playoffs.  Dwight, like Biyombo, would FORCE Bud to run plays in the post for Dwight and he could let his guards funnel players to Dwight on defense.

Nobody is saying the Hawks dont need scoring from the 2 or 3, they DO.  Howard or a player like him is one PIECE of what the Hawks NEED to succeed in the playoffs.  25 rebounds.  Biyombo had 25 rebounds and 7 points. Is THAT not what we been saying about Dwight? That the Hawks dont need his scoring, but need his board presence?  Make the move Bud.  Call Dwight up.

usp_nba__playoffs-toronto_raptors_at_cle

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, skimaskway23 said:

Biyombo is hungry. Dwight is a diva. Nope

Biyombo was taught by a TRADITIONAL post center how to play the game....................Find the nuance in what i said.

NOBODY in the league is more a Diva than Lebron, and Curry is well on his way.

Edited by Hawkmoor

50 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

Biyombo was taught by a TRADITIONAL post center how to play the game....................Find the nuance in what i said.

NOBODY in the league is more a Diva than Lebron, and Curry is well on his way.

By diva, I mean he won't give a 100% every possession like biyombo. Curry and lebron don't belong in the diva category. Guys like melo and Dwight do. 

Biyombo is a bargain. Dwight would be extremely overpaid

1 hour ago, Hawkmoor said:

Dwight is not going to rough anybody up, he is softer than Horford.  You need to come up with someone other than Howard, he is a nut fondler.

Edited by Trout7

20 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

We don't got enough offense as it is and some of y'all want Biyombo? Come on. We don't have a Lowry or DeRozan in Atlanta. He's more likely to play bad here like he did in Charlotte.

Didnt i say the Hawks STILL need scoring from the 2 or 3 and that Dwight is a PIECE of the puzzle, not the whole thing?

43 minutes ago, Alex said:

I think beginning tomorrow we should keep a tally of many threads are made about Dwight Howard.  

A better option would be to keep tally of how many times the Cavaliers have swept the Hawks in the playoffs.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PSSSHHHRRR87 said:

My only concern w/ bringing in D12 is how well can Sap defend the 3 if Horf is retained. Makes me think we would need to start Thabo at 2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That issue will not come up. Hawks are gonna try and resign Horford. MOST LIKELY they gonna sign Horford. If Boston comes hard at Horford, the backup option MIGHT be Dwight.  You dont have to worry about Sap moving to the 3.  Bud likes a small power forward, thats obvious.

YAWN

The Hawks don't need a guy that needs to be spoon fed offensively to stay interested and loses interest when he doesn't get his shots. A rebounder isn't even their number one need, it's about their number three need, heck even number four if you want to talk about another thing they need to do that isn't personnel based.

You need to find a legitimate 20+ PPG scorer at the 2 or 3 and guys that can stay in front of their man without a lot of help defense, and change the defensive scheme. THEN, you think about rebounders.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

You dont have to worry about Sap moving to the 3.  Bud likes a small power forward, thats obvious.

Sap at small forward will worsen the problem the Hawks have defensively. The only choice if you think the Hawks absolutely HAVE to go big is to move Sap, or move on from the Al Horford era.

3 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Sap at small forward will worsen the problem the Hawks have defensively. The only choice if you think the Hawks absolutely HAVE to go big is to move Sap, or move on from the Al Horford era.

Ive never liked the Horford/Sap frontcourt.  I rather move on from Al and sign Dwight.

54 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

Didnt i say the Hawks STILL need scoring from the 2 or 3 and that Dwight is a PIECE of the puzzle, not the whole thing?

Dwight don't even play good defense anymore, he can't move. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

Dwight don't even play good defense anymore, he can't move. 

Whatever.  Hawks havent won anything without him OR gotten a big name to sign up for the Hawks. It just dont matter. lmao

If the Hawks stay stagnant this off season, im moving on from them srubs.

Edited by Hawkmoor

47 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

Whatever.  Hawks havent won anything without him OR gotten a big name to sign up for the Hawks. It just dont matter. lmao

If the Hawks stay stagnant this off season, im moving on from them srubs.

Won 60 games without him. 

Big name, what do you think Tracy McGrady was when we signed him? Their athletic abilities is shot compared to their primes. 

Move on. Honestly, they need to keep most of their players. Get more growth from Tim. Get Okafor for Jeff. Trade Splitter for cap to Brooklyn so we can resign Bazemore. Sign Jeremy Lin. Resign Al and move forward.

8 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Gotta luv HMoor.  Makes suggestion 'X' and if anyone disagrees, "Well, the Hawks haven't won by not doing X!"

His posts are moronic...I'm banning him from my squawk...it's a waste of time. I also don't believe he is as old as he says...he's prolly a teenager from realgm.

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

Won 60 games without him. 

Big name, what do you think Tracy McGrady was when we signed him? Their athletic abilities is shot compared to their primes. 

Move on. Honestly, they need to keep most of their players. Get more growth from Tim. Get Okafor for Jeff. Trade Splitter for cap to Brooklyn so we can resign Bazemore. Sign Jeremy Lin. Resign Al and move forward.

Yeah I agree, I know we don't have the title in our hands but I still appreciate winning over 100 games during the last two years. Pretty sure Biyombo just put himself out of reach for a lot of teams yearning for rebounding. In our case though unless D12 would have blocked three pointers or hit a three pointer we would have still lost the first three games against the Cavs.

• Like 1