Bismack Biyombo proves why the Hawks NEED Dwight Howard.

Hawkmoor

2 hours ago, Hawkmoor said:

Whatever.  Hawks havent won anything without him OR gotten a big name to sign up for the Hawks. It just dont matter. lmao

If the Hawks stay stagnant this off season, im moving on from them srubs.

And they would get worse by signing Howard and not backing it up with other signings I doubt they could do by signing someone to a max contract not on the club already.

But you'd applaud them for "trying".

• Premium Member

I have been wanting Dwight or Whiteside for quite some time. I have concerns about Dwight but I think our team is just the right kind of situation where he could go back to Orlando Dwight.

We can't have more of Horford being too scared to fight for rebounds any more or having zero low post game on offense. Our offense can't just be jump shots.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Yeah I agree, I know we don't have the title in our hands but I still appreciate winning over 100 games during the last two years. Pretty sure Biyombo just put himself out of reach for a lot of teams yearning for rebounding. In our case though unless D12 would have blocked three pointers or hit a three pointer we would have still lost the first three games against the Cavs.

Who cares about the 3 pointers. I know it hurt the Hawks. My problem is Lebron getting his way inside AND the rest of the team hitting  the 3 pointers. You gotta take something away from them.

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Gotta luv HMoor.  Makes suggestion 'X' and if anyone disagrees, "Well, the Hawks haven't won by not doing X!"

I agree.  You are correct. Its on to the Braves.  Baseball, then football.............

Atlanta-Braves.jpg

Edited by Hawkmoor

Bismack Biyombo proves why the Hawks need a player like Bismack Biyombo...that's not Dwight.

Here's what Ujiri told Bismack about wanting to work with Hakeem:

After Ujiri signed him to a two-year, $6 million free-agent contract, they traveled together to South Africa for the NBA’s Basketball Without Borders program. Olajuwon was there, and Biyombo swooned. He wanted to work out with Olajuwon. Suddenly, it was Ujiri with the Mutombo finger wag. “He sees Hakeem, and he wants to work out with him,” Ujiri told The Vertical late Saturday night. “So I called him into the room, and said, ‘Biz, with all due respect, I’ve had all kinds of guys go work out with Hakeem. At the end of the day, there’s only one Hakeem in the world and there will never be another one. That guy was a ballerina. I don’t care what you think you’re going to do with that guy but … no, forget it.’ Go watch Tyson Chandler. Rebound. Block shots. Run. That’s your bread and butter.   Listen, Biz, I don’t know if anyone’s throwing you the ball in the post.”

Know and accept your limitations son.    

If Dwight wants to take Bismack money to rebound, block shots and run - I'm in.  

I have no interest in paying him $25 million plus for that.

7 hours ago, Hawkmoor said:

What have SOME proponents of Dwight Howard been saying over and over on this messageboard? In the playoffs, you got to be PHYSICAL. You got to REBOUND, and if you playing a team with a superstar, you rough him up.  Biyombo almost singlehandly is the reason the Raptors dispatched the Heat and are back in this series against the Cavaliers.  Ive said it over and over, you GIVE Lebron the jumper and rough him up inside.  The Raptors are trying to stop his drives, but it doesnt matter that he can get around Carroll at times, its the punishment he is receiving from Biyombo.

If you PLAY physical, the referees are forced to adjust to the game. If Lebron can play physical, then YOU have to be allowed to play physical back, not that finesse Hawks crap that Bud has been doing.  Let me say it again,  Al Horford is a BETTER PLAYER than Dwight Howard. THATS the problem.  Horford is good enough that Bud refuses to adjust his offense or the physical interior style of defense that is needed in the playoffs.  Dwight, like Biyombo, would FORCE Bud to run plays in the post for Dwight and he could let his guards funnel players to Dwight on defense.

Nobody is saying the Hawks dont need scoring from the 2 or 3, they DO.  Howard or a player like him is one PIECE of what the Hawks NEED to succeed in the playoffs.  25 rebounds.  Biyombo had 25 rebounds and 7 points. Is THAT not what we been saying about Dwight? That the Hawks dont need his scoring, but need his board presence?  Make the move Bud.  Call Dwight up.

usp_nba__playoffs-toronto_raptors_at_cle

Dwight would be a nice fit for ATL. However, with Bud's rotations, Dwight probably wouldn't get used the way that would suit him best. A Kris Humphries impact. Some games we'd probably wonder why Dwight isn't playing in the closing minutes of the game.  Bud probably would want 5 shooters out there.

30 minutes ago, BigDog90 said:

Dwight would be a nice fit for ATL. However, with Bud's rotations, Dwight probably wouldn't get used the way that would suit him best. A Kris Humphries impact. Some games we'd probably wonder why Dwight isn't playing in the closing minutes of the game.  Bud probably would want 5 shooters out there.

Most people probably would not wonder why D12 is not in the game the last couple of minutes. He already helped the Magic lose a championship series at the foul line. One game was squarely on him and that issue was prevalent throughout that series. And that era of D12 is what several Squawkers are hoping would show up for us (pre diva era or was it). Courtney Lee blew one game by himself as well because of an impossibly missed layup. It's what has become the Drummond Syndrome, though. Do you leave him in or not?  D12's foul shooting this year was less than fifty percent and that is even lower than his career average. I think Gray Mule would be very active on this forum with that very big and consistent problem. I believe most of us would be. Just thinking about so much of our cap going to a player not used in the last minute of a playoff game. 

8 hours ago, skimaskway23 said:

Biyombo is hungry. Dwight is a diva. Nope

I know right.  I can't see how anyone can watch him last night and draw a comparison between the two.  Biyombo controls the paint because he wants to.  The only reason Dwight got into basketball was because of everyone marveling at his physique since junior high.

Hearing Bismack speak, he also seems pretty smart and humble, let alone for a 23 year old.  Another 0-fer on the Dwight front.

4 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Won 60 games without him. 

Big name, what do you think Tracy McGrady was when we signed him? Their athletic abilities is shot compared to their primes. 

Move on. Honestly, they need to keep most of their players. Get more growth from Tim. Get Okafor for Jeff. Trade Splitter for cap to Brooklyn so we can resign Bazemore. Sign Jeremy Lin. Resign Al and move forward.

You had me until you got to Al.  I think Lin would improve even more under Bud.

3 hours ago, Spud2Nique said:

His posts are moronic...I'm banning him from my squawk...it's a waste of time. I also don't believe he is as old as he says...he's prolly a teenager from realgm.

I don't have an issue with his posting.  Compared to our Miserables Crown Holder, his posts are entertaining and brilliant.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Thomas said:

Most people probably would not wonder why D12 is not in the game the last couple of minutes. He already helped the Magic lose a championship series at the foul line. One game was squarely on him and that issue was prevalent throughout that series. And that era of D12 is what several Squawkers are hoping would show up for us (pre diva era or was it). Courtney Lee blew one game by himself as well because of an impossibly missed layup. It's what has become the Drummond Syndrome, though. Do you leave him in or not?  D12's foul shooting this year was less than fifty percent and that is even lower than his career average. I think Gray Mule would be very active on this forum with that very big and consistent problem. I believe most of us would be. Just thinking about so much of our cap going to a player not used in the last minute of a playoff game. 

Right! I like Dwight but I can already see this wouldn't be a good situation for Dwight. 

Dallas - Carlisle adapts his system to his players.

• Premium Member
23 hours ago, Lurker said:

YAWN

The Hawks don't need a guy that needs to be spoon fed offensively to stay interested and loses interest when he doesn't get his shots. A rebounder isn't even their number one need, it's about their number three need, heck even number four if you want to talk about another thing they need to do that isn't personnel based.

You need to find a legitimate 20+ PPG scorer at the 2 or 3 and guys that can stay in front of their man without a lot of help defense, and change the defensive scheme. THEN, you think about rebounders.

^^Most important points made in this entire thread.  Our priority is to add a top tier wing scorer or find a shooter that can stretch the D and deliver timely shots like Korver did last season.  

As much as I hate Diva12, he does solidify our front court...which I like.  However, he will be quite costly for the production he's going to bring and one of Horford/Sap needs to go.  I don't know how he fits into Bud's style either.  He can't shoot and his post game is like that of a 2 year old.  He's just big and....athletic?  Does he still get up the way he used to and is he on the decline?  I don't watch enough of him these days to know.

Defensively, I like what he could do for us.  I don't have many complaints there.  Offensively, I don't see a good fit - just a liability.  Overall, seems more of a Frankenstein methodology, likely with the same outcome.

20 hours ago, Hawkmoor said:

I agree.  You are correct. Its on to the Braves.  Baseball, then football.............

Atlanta-Braves.jpg

Wait, are you saying you're done with the Hawks and the Squawk?

dstfp

Kidding, no need to flee just because folks disagree with you.  All of us are wrong every once in a while ... unless you're me.  I'm always right.  It's the burden of my genius.  I'm willing to accept it.

3 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Wait, are you saying you're done with the Hawks and the Squawk?

dstfp

Kidding, no need to flee just because folks disagree with you.  All of us are wrong every once in a while ... unless you're me.  I'm always right.  It's the burden of my genius.  I'm willing to accept it.

Nothing else to really talk about. Its the off season.  I will say this, im tired of my folks, who are Celtics fans,  clowning me about the Hawks.  They better improve this roster.

7 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

Nothing else to really talk about. Its the off season.  I will say this, im tired of my folks, who are Celtics fans,  clowning me about the Hawks.  They better improve this roster.

F them.  BOS is fool's gold right now.  Sound and fury signifying nothing.

(Boom, y'all didn't know a brutha could go all Shakespearean on y'all.)

Edited by kg01

• Moderators
19 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Always pictured you as more Faulkner...

William-Faulkner.jpg

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, kg01 said:

lol............:laugh:

On a serious note, Boston got a LOT of moves they can make to improve that roster.  In fact, if the Hawks dont make a major move this off season, the Celtics are gonna surpass them as CLEARLY the 3rd best team in the Eastern Conference, and the Celtics, if they make the right move, will challenge Toronto as the 2nd best team in that conference.

Edited by Hawkmoor

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

lol............:laugh:

On a serious note, Boston got a LOT of moves they can make to improve that roster.  In fact, if the Hawks dont make a major move this off season, the Celtics are gonna surpass them as CLEARLY the 3rd best team in the Eastern Conference, and the Celtics, if they make the right move, will challenge Toronto as the 2nd best team in that conference.

Maybe.  The Celtics are not contenders to make the conference finals right now and the media overvalues a lot of their limited role player pieces.  They need to hit a home run in the draft to make the leap you are describing.  They missed out on the two picks considered no-brainers so they now need to make a smart choice at #3.  Otherwise, I don't see what makes them so great.

2 minutes ago, AHF said:

Maybe.  The Celtics are not contenders to make the conference finals right now and the media overvalues a lot of their limited role player pieces.  They need to hit a home run in the draft to make the leap you are describing.  They missed out on the two picks considered no-brainers so they now need to make a smart choice at #3.  Otherwise, I don't see what makes them so great.

Lets say that Philly and Los Angeles stay pat and dont trade out of their slots in the draft. Boston can draft Hield with the 3rd pick, throw a BOAT LOAD of money at Horford and still got 16 and 23 picks to play around with.  If they get Horford,  Al can move to power forward and be a good influence on Sullinger. Man,  the Celtics got OPTIONS like a muther.........lmao   They can get DEEP and bring Smart off the bench and move Turner to full time small forward.  This is one of MANY ways Ainge can go with this:

one lineup :

pg thomas

sg  hield

sf Turner

pf Horford

c Sullinger

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Hawkmoor said:

Lets say that Philly and Los Angeles stay pat and dont trade out of their slots in the draft. Boston can draft Hield with the 3rd pick, throw a BOAT LOAD of money at Horford and still got 16 and 23 picks to play around with.  If they get Horford,  Al can move to power forward and be a good influence on Sullinger. Man,  the Celtics got OPTIONS like a muther.........lmao   They can get DEEP and bring Smart off the bench and move Turner to full time small forward.  This is one of MANY ways Ainge can go with this:

one lineup :

pg thomas

sg  hield

sf Turner

pf Horford

c Sullinger

Also, I don't think this lineup beat the 2015-16 Hawks unless Hield breaks out as a star.  You've got 3 limited players plus Hield and Horford.  Thomas at least is a plus offensive talent even if he is a defensive liability and a bit of a head case (he should have been ejected from 2 games for obvious misconduct).  Sullinger and Turner are guys that will never get you anywhere.  Horf is a nice piece but he can't be the best player on your team if you want to contend and that is what I see with that lineup.  So why would Horford want to join a team where he is the best player?  Unlikely to happen.

The Celtics have options on paper but they need to translate those picks into stars to make anything happen, IMO.

1 minute ago, AHF said:

I give them an extremely limited chance at landing Horford.  They have a problem being able to recruit a stud to fill that cap space.

And i forgot about Crowder.......lmao  Man, the Celtics can do some things.  Recruit? Recruit?  Celtics show up at Al's door with a boat load of money with Hield in tow and the other moves they gonna make and you WATCH what Al will do. Al is a WINNER remember? He won a chip at florida.  You throw money and a chance to get another chip at him and watch how fast he leave the highlight factory.