• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Bazemore vs. The Field.

Diesel

1 minute ago, Diesel said:

Resiging Bazemore is what many believe is high on our list.

Well, how does Bazemore compare with Barnes, Beal, and  Batum... The Killer Bs...  NOW.

Maybe compares with Barnes ok.  The others are far better.

• Premium Member
Just now, Watchman said:

Maybe compares with Barnes ok.  The others are far better.

I'll be honest, I like Barnes Size a little more than Baze's  But Baze do have wingspan and prolly more aggression.   Barnes is a pantywaste and fits with a finesse team.

• Like 1

If Baze plays his true position at SG and keeps developing offensively with our coaches he could be a pretty good investment but is not really a good comparison to those other players because they are playing in position (SF). Still requires us to remedy the starting SF minutes.   

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Bankingitbig said:

Rather have Beal or Batum, but those guys will likely get maxed out and stay with their respective teams. I would rather have a ~$14-$16M Baze vs. a max Barnes.

I'd rather have neither at those prices.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

I'm in the camp that doesn't want Baze back at all, no matter the price. I think there is a better fit for us. I want somebody smarter. 

Name him.

Courtney Lee

Wes Johnson

Solomon Hill

James Ennis

Gerald Henderson

Allen Crabbe

All names I wouldn't mind pursuing. All would be paid less than Bazemore and have certain qualities better than him. I just feel like we don't have to acquire a top tier guy to get the same or better production than Baze gave us. The Hawks have done more with less ($$$ wise) every year Bud's been at the helm

Edited by romebee

23 minutes ago, romebee said:

Courtney Lee

Wes Johnson

Solomon Hill

James Ennis

Gerald Henderson

Allen Crabbe

All names I wouldn't mind pursuing. All would be paid less than Bazemore and have certain qualities better than him

Courtney Lee - He'll be 31 when  the season starts

Wes Johnson - He was the 4th pick (edited) that hasn't done  or shown squat. He couldn't even beat out ole  ass Paul Pierce for 2nd on depth chart.

Solomon Hill  - Is he a starter?

James Ennis Who, - Is he a starter?

Gerald Henderson - How  much better is he really than Baze for being a 12th pick

Allen Crabbe - Im' in - I'm thinking he won't be that much cheaper than Baze

12 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Wes Johnson - He was a 4th round pick that hasn't done  or shown squat. He couldn't even beat out ole  ass Paul Pierce for 2nd on depth chart.

Gerald Henderson - How  much better is he really than Baze for being a 12th pick

Did I miss something?  When did the draft extend beyond 2 rounds?  4th Round?

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

You got me, lol.

This just in...the Raptors are willing to give us a 4th and 7th rounder for SAP....:-|

1 minute ago, Watchman said:

No problem JayBird.  I get over my frustration by venting.  I'll be better tomorrow.  (maybe)

Vent on bro, vent on.....

53 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Wes Johnson - He was the 4th pick (edited) that hasn't done  or shown squat. He couldn't even beat out ole  ass Paul Pierce for 2nd on depth chart.

I got a feeling if we trade up we'll draft a wing. A combination of one of the listed guys, the rookie (if he sees time), THJ, and whoever else we sign should

Lee - 2-3 yr deal

Johnson - Stopgap, take a flier on him

Hill - see below

Ennis - Wing depth, athletic guy, the Hawks actually drafted him back in 2013  and traded him to Miami on draft day. see below

Henderson - Cheaper than Baze. Adequate stopgap

Crabbe - We're on the same page. He's a RFA, but whoever signs before him will determine the market

"The Below" - I'll turn the "is he a starter" question back on you.  Was Bazemore a starter? It was a resounding no before the season. Bazemore's contributions can be replaced.