• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Adrian Woj re: Horford

mrhonline

Just now, Mdizzle5 said:

You're OK with giving him the Max ? 

If Horford wants to stay, I want him to stay. If Boston, the Knicks, or anyone else ponies up a max, you bet I want to beat it.

• Like 2

Why do you people always say Horford is not a max player,well  guess what he is not a max player but that is the way the game goes that's just the way it goes so stop complaining about giving someone a Max contract because he's not worth it that's the nature of today's game in the NBA and I think he's going to take Less than the max  salary because of that fifth year stop it people. 

• Like 3

It's not ur money so stop it you  idiots bc I would hate to lose the BOSS and know u would too. If we lose AL were done bc he's  perfect for what this team do on both ends of the court u IDIOTS pay the man. 

• Like 1

I think we are just got the suspension bridge effect when it comes down to the Hawks.

Al is a great player and he does a good contract from us or anybody else.  Right now, he fits into Coach Bud system and I don't think there isn't too many centers that would fit into it.  Besides, if yall are so impatience of winning a championship, then rooted for another team.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, NekiEcko said:

I think we are just got the suspension bridge effect when it comes down to the Hawks.

Al is a great player and he does a good contract from us or anybody else.  Right now, he fits into Coach Bud system and I don't think there isn't too many centers that would fit into it.  Besides, if yall are so impatience of winning a championship, then rooted for another team.

I agree with Al's fit. I don't think it's nothing wrong with wanting a championship right now, I think it's a problem if you don't. I just think it's starting to becoming a cycle of insanity. But hey, who knows what will happen during FA. Hopefully they shake things up.

3 hours ago, NekiEcko said:

THATS RIGHT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GO ROOT 4 SUM OTHER TEAM, GOODBYE WE WONT MISS YOU.

• Premium Member

I think that when it comes down to all this is the problem:

1.  Al is great and has been great but we all see the decline. 

His followers would say... well, it's the market and this year the market is thrown off kilter and there will be a whole lot of unworthy guys making big money.   They would also say that Al has done so much for the Hawks and he still does a lot of things well.   The problem is not what the market dictates, it's what we know will be coming back. Overnight, Al has gone from an Undersized C who put up elite numbers to an old stretch 4 who put up mediocre numbers.   The old Al is not walking back through that door.  I think there's a bit of contentment that Al has fallen into and he is fallen into acceptance of the decline that he's going through.

So for us who don't want to see us max out this guy for the next 5 years, it's not that we don't like Al.  It's not that we don't think other teams will come calling.   It's that we see the decline  and have rated him a non max player.    We have a knowledge that prolly 2 years down the road, Al won't be putting up good numbers at all but we will be paying him Lebron like Money to do it.   That means more of the 9/1/1 Nights.    But now, he will be making 25 Million dollars to do it.  And after those 2 years, we will still have 3 more years left with him. 

2.  Al was great as a C but he makes a mediocre PF. 

You say well, we can move him to the 4 after Sap is gone.   Al as a 4 is not better than Ryan Anderson.   Al's strength was being faster than most of the 5 and being able to guard most positions.   Well, Al is losing a step.  At the 4, Al will be matched up with 3s and be asked to guard them.  Wiggins is going to blow right past him.    There will be no more Paul Pierce.. There will be  Terrance Ross..  Even guys like Paul George are moving to the 4 spot.   That means that the 3 spot will have some fast little dude who will leave AL in their wake.

That's the problem.  It's not all money.. It's really about what kind of return will we get for Paying Al all this money.

Not enough.

• Premium Member
33 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

If we are going to catch the Cavs, the earliest it will be is 2017 when we can afford to have 3 or 4 all star caliber players making 15 to 20 + million a year. And since all star caliber players don't grow on trees, we better have at least two already in place!

The Carrolls, Bazemores, Thabos, etc those players walk all the time; and its because you have to make hard decisions on borderline starters and role players. Resigning your all star players should be a no brainer.

No team can just let All Stars walk. It makes us look cheap and uncaring when it comes to winning. Players want two things, money and winning. We have to show NBA free agents we are willing to do one to get the other. Its really the only way. If Al walks on his own, its not as bad for us. If he walks because we appear cheap, not willing to pony up to keep winning, that is real bad for us.

You do realize that $15 to $20 million will no longer get All Star level players right?  That will be role player money.  Al will be making well over $25 million per when the Hawks max him.  Even under the new cap, there are only so many guys you can pay that kind of money and still have a competitive roster.  And the Hawks are not catching the Cavs.

11 minutes ago, Jody23 said:

You do realize that $15 to $20 million will no longer get All Star level players right?  That will be role player money.  Al will be making well over $25 million per when the Hawks max him.  Even under the new cap, there are only so many guys you can pay that kind of money and still have a competitive roster.  And the Hawks are not catching the Cavs.

That depends on if the player improves. Multiple players have not made a all-star game until their second contract, see Jeff Teague. So if we project a guy, judge his talent, to be a future all star, his bird rights team may not see it that way and let him walk at 12 to 20 million.

A possible example of one of our own players. Some team like Philly, who loves Schröder, offers him 12 to 15 a year because they see a future all-star. That will be a tough choice if Dennis has not yet made a all star game or is a borderline one at best.

That kind of money is going to be thrown around in 2017. Teams have to hit the league minimum, they really have no choice but to spend it. Hell, Carroll got 15 a year and has never been an all-star.

Edited by Buzzard

3 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

That depends on if the player improves. Multiple players have not made a all-star game until their second contract, see Jeff Teague. So if we project a guy, judge his talent, to be a future all star, his bird rights team may not see it that way and let him walk at 12 to 20 million.

A possible example of one of our own players. Some team like Philly, who loves Schröder, offers him 12 to 15 a year because they see a future all-star. That will be a tough choice if Dennis has not yet made a all star game or is a borderline one at best.

That kind of money is going to be thrown around in 2017. Teams have to hit the league minimum, they really have no choice but to spend it.

THANK YOU MAN ALOT OF FANS JUST DONT GET BUT YOU AN I DO AND IM OK WITH PAYING DS17 12-15 A YEAR WHEN THAT TIMECOMES...#ITS THA NATURE OF GAME FORKS.

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

That kind of money is going to be thrown around in 2017. Teams have to hit the league minimum, they really have no choice but to spend it. Hell, Carroll got 15 a year and has never been an all-star.

So you're expecting that the Hawks are going to find these soon to be All Star level players that other teams will be incapable of seeing?  And on top of that, sign them for $12 to $15 million?  Not seeing that as a sound plan.

31 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I think that when it comes down to all this is the problem:

1.  Al is great and has been great but we all see the decline. 

His followers would say... well, it's the market and this year the market is thrown off kilter and there will be a whole lot of unworthy guys making big money.   They would also say that Al has done so much for the Hawks and he still does a lot of things well.   The problem is not what the market dictates, it's what we know will be coming back. Overnight, Al has gone from an Undersized C who put up elite numbers to an old stretch 4 who put up mediocre numbers.   The old Al is not walking back through that door.  I think there's a bit of contentment that Al has fallen into and he is fallen into acceptance of the decline that he's going through.

So for us who don't want to see us max out this guy for the next 5 years, it's not that we don't like Al.  It's not that we don't think other teams will come calling.   It's that we see the decline  and have rated him a non max player.    We have a knowledge that prolly 2 years down the road, Al won't be putting up good numbers at all but we will be paying him Lebron like Money to do it.   That means more of the 9/1/1 Nights.    But now, he will be making 25 Million dollars to do it.  And after those 2 years, we will still have 3 more years left with him. 

2.  Al was great as a C but he makes a mediocre PF. 

You say well, we can move him to the 4 after Sap is gone.   Al as a 4 is not better than Ryan Anderson.   Al's strength was being faster than most of the 5 and being able to guard most positions.   Well, Al is losing a step.  At the 4, Al will be matched up with 3s and be asked to guard them.  Wiggins is going to blow right past him.    There will be no more Paul Pierce.. There will be  Terrance Ross..  Even guys like Paul George are moving to the 4 spot.   That means that the 3 spot will have some fast little dude who will leave AL in their wake.

That's the problem.  It's not all money.. It's really about what kind of return will we get for Paying Al all this money.

Not enough.

THATS Y I WOULD NOT PAY HIM THAT TYPE MONEY N WORK OUT A SIGN AND TRADE WITH OKC ASAP

4 minutes ago, Jody23 said:

So you're expecting that the Hawks are going to find these soon to be All Star level players that other teams will be incapable of seeing?  And on top of that, sign them for $12 to $15 million?  Not seeing that as a sound plan.

Are you going to give us your thoughts/plan or just bash others.