• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Does this mean Goodbye Baze?

Diesel

17 minutes ago, Watchman said:

Yeah, we help them reach their potential, and in doing so, put them out of our price range.

Doesn't seem particularly fair does it. Would be nice to reap even more of what we sow because of our player development. 

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Doesn't seem particularly fair does it. Would be nice to reap even more of what we sow because of our player development. 

You can do that - you just need to sign them for 3 years in the first place so you get their bird rights.  We did that with Tavarez for this very reason.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AHF said:

You can do that - you just need to sign them for 3 years in the first place so you get their bird rights.  We did that with Tavarez for this very reason.

We would have needed capspace to sign them, but we didn't.  The exceptions we used to sign them has a 2 year max limit - stupid CBA.

Sap taking a little less afforded the Hawks the ability to sign Edy with capsapce last year, so 3 years.

It's funny, when we signed both Millsap and DMC, particulary DMC, the cry was - who?  Then it was "well at least it's only a 2 year deal".

Then it was " We shouldn't resign DMC for more than $4 million, then the TV deal info started leaking out, , then  more details became available so it was  no more than $6-$8 mil.  Then the absolute max the Hawks should offer is $10 mil.  DMC ended up getting $15 million. :approved:

• Moderators
4 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

We would have needed capspace to sign them, but we didn't.  The exceptions we used to sign them has a 2 year max limit - stupid CBA.

Sap taking a little less afforded the Hawks the ability to sign Edy with capsapce last year, so 3 years.

It has been repeatedly reported that Atlanta offered more than 2 years in some of these cases but couldn't get it done

In reporting on intriguing free agents, I was told Paul Millsap had longer offer from Hawks but wanted opp to re-up for last big deal at 30.

http://www.peachtreehoops.com/2015/1/19/7853907/atlanta-hawks-paul-millsap-trade-free-agent

(Atlanta offered both [DMC and Sap] longer contracts at the time, per sources familiar with the matter.)

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/the-hawks-can-fly-but-when-will-they-soar/

Etc.

On 06/24/2016 at 3:48 PM, Hotlanta1981 said:

Bud and the lousy ownership is the same as we had before.  It's just the same package with a different wrapper.

Winning a title is not the goal.  Throwing out top money to those2  chumps is the final nail.

Agree 100%

A quote from a poster everyone has been aware of forever.

"Bud and the lousy ownership is the same as we had before.  It's just the same package with a different wrapper. Winning a title is not the goal.  Throwing out top money to those2  chumps is the final nail."

The final nail in what exactly?

1 hour ago, AHF said:

It has been repeatedly reported that Atlanta offered more than 2 years in some of these cases but couldn't get it done

http://www.peachtreehoops.com/2015/1/19/7853907/atlanta-hawks-paul-millsap-trade-free-agent

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/the-hawks-can-fly-but-when-will-they-soar/

Etc.

I knew back then that Millsap was offered a 4  year deal which he declined.   Didn't know about  DMC being offered a longer deal

I love Baze. I think he's awesome on and off the court. But honestly, my preference would be to go after someone else at this point. Just my opinion.