• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Maxing Horford is not gonna win a championship.

Hawkmoor

Jordan dropped 63 points on Boston in the playoffs all by his lonesome.  That performance obviously is  one of the greatest playoff performances ever.  That Bird vs Nique duel was no joke either.  This performance also proved that one man cant win a championship. People forget that even though Bird scored 34 points, Kevin Mchale had 33 points.  It wasnt unitl Jordan got Pippen that he won those titles.  ( what did Pippen do without Jordan).   Lebron won his chips with Wade, Bosh, Kyrie etc.

Who does Horford have?  Sap is the closest thing he has, but thats a system fit. Until Durant comes thru that door, the Hawks can forget it.  Maxing Horford and replacing Carroll with Prince and Bembrey.  Its a nice story.  They are actually good picks, but wasted picks without a superstar.   Oklahoma reloaded by getting that guard from Orlando.  Its still about superstars and the top teams have TWO, THREE superstars on their team.  A system is not gonna win a championship.

Im beginning to agree with the blow it up crowd.  Suddenly, Philly, Los Angeles, Minnesota, teams that blew it up, or who are in rebuild mode, have a better upside than the Hawks.  There is no way around it, you either tank or grab a superstar.  There is no way around it.

jordan_110420.jpg

650x366

14 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

Jordan dropped 63 points on Boston in the playoffs all by his lonesome.  That performance obviously is  one of the greatest playoff performances ever.  That Bird vs Nique duel was no joke either.  This performance also proved that one man cant win a championship. People forget that even though Bird scored 34 points, Kevin Mchale had 33 points.  It wasnt unitl Jordan got Pippen that he won those titles.  ( what did Pippen do without Jordan).   Lebron won his chips with Wade, Bosh, Kyrie etc.

Who does Horford have?  Sap is the closest thing he has, but thats a system fit. Until Durant comes thru that door, the Hawks can forget it.  Maxing Horford and replacing Carroll with Prince and Bembrey.  Its a nice story.  They are actually good picks, but wasted picks without a superstar.   Oklahoma reloaded by getting that guard from Orlando.  Its still about superstars and the top teams have TWO, THREE superstars on their team.  A system is not gonna win a championship.

Im beginning to agree with the blow it up crowd.  Suddenly, Philly, Los Angeles, Minnesota, teams that blew it up, or who are in rebuild mode, have a better upside than the Hawks.  There is no way around it, you either tank or grab a superstar.  There is no way around it.

jordan_110420.jpg

650x366

The goal isn't to win the title. The goal is to make the playoffs and whatever happens after that is icing on the cake.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

The goal isn't to win the title. The goal is to make the playoffs and whatever happens after that is icing on the cake.

You are correct.  Ressler said on the radio " as long as we dont lose money."   I heard him say it. It proves what i said all along.  He and Grant hill are INVESTORS.  They only care about the value of the team, not necessarily about winning championships.

1 minute ago, Duff_Man said:

Shouldn't you be on a Celtics message board somewhere?  I think we are all in mutual agreement that's a better fit for you.

/thread

This thread is now about what everybody's doing this weekend.

I'm prolly gonna just chill.  You?

4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

There we go with terrible threads where foolish posters enter to pitch a bitch about how max players is just LeBron, Durant, etc when we won 60 games and went to the ECF for the 1st time in team history with Al. 

They only got to the 3rd round because they faced two mediocre  teams. Neither team even made the playoffs last season.

• Like 2

Just now, Hotlanta1981 said:

They only got to the 3rd round because they faced two mediocre  teams. Neither team even made the playoffs last season.

Yeah whatever. They were a 1st seed and had one of the best seasons in the starting five. Keep acting like a d*ck. 

13 minutes ago, kg01 said:

/thread

I'm taking the little one to see 'Finding Dory'

6 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Yeah whatever. They were a 1st seed and had one of the best seasons in the starting five. Keep acting like a d*ck. 

6 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

And they got swept again.  It will happen again next year. IF they make the playoffs.

20 minutes ago, kg01 said:

/thread

I really have no plans, so...probably go hit a new brewpub in the area.

40 minutes ago, kg01 said:

/thread

Cooling out.  Ain't gotta work again till Tuesday. Might hit a steakhouse and clean out my closet and post some sh$t on eBay.  I need a Best Buy credit card too.  Hopefully Viceland has some new programming that ain't that skateboard nonsense.  Hoping I don't have to wait to get a haircut like Deontay Davis did to get drafted.

Edited by benhillboy