• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Word on the block #3: Luol Deng is our big FA target

NBASupes

4 minutes ago, sturt said:

As asserted in another thread, the answer, as boring as it might be, is player development.

GSW was an also-ran hamster-wheel franchise for how many years? How many years did it take before Curry became Curry? What would their fortunes had been without the development of a 2nd rounder named Green?

Conclusion.... our immediate future is pegged on the development of our 26-and-younger players, and most prominently, Schröder becoming an elite PG and Bazemore not plateauing but continuing to develop into what could be the most elite defensive SG in the league.

We all know that patience isn't any fun. Starting over is a whole lot worse though.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, sturt said:

As asserted in another thread, the answer, as boring as it might be, is player development.

GSW was an also-ran hamster-wheel franchise for how many years? How many years did it take before Curry became Curry? What would their fortunes had been without the development of a 2nd rounder named Green?

Conclusion.... our immediate future is pegged on the development of our 26-and-younger players, and most prominently, Schröder becoming an elite PG and Bazemore not plateauing but continuing to develop into what could be the most elite defensive SG in the league.

That's about as good an explanation of their likely thinking I've seen in a while.  Yours was good too, @NBASupes

I think that's dangerous thinking though.  We made the ECF but were still lightyears away from the Finals.

• Premium Member
27 minutes ago, kg01 said:

That's about as good an explanation of their likely thinking I've seen in a while.  Yours was good too, @NBASupes

I think that's dangerous thinking though.  We made the ECF but were still lightyears away from the Finals.

I dunno. Light years seems to be an overstatement, given how far away we have been as recently as 10 years ago. Dangerous? Difficult, yes, but I'd have to be convinced on "dangerous." Given all we've been through the last 20-30 years since we were a serious threat at times w/ Nique in a whole different era of the game, I'm hard pressed to see any less dangerous route. We've blown up teams before, but only ended up scratching and clawing our way back to relevance. And given the options before us at the Summer 2016 milepost, I'm not seeing any viable alternative approaches. But I try to be open-minded, @kg01, so don't hesitate to present a different case as you see it.

1 hour ago, ViewsFromTheSquawk said:

What does Deng offer to help us get closer to a championship that we didn't already have with Thabo an Baze at the 3? 

I would say a lot. He can and guard SF. He can score and play in a system. That's not easy to find.

• Premium Member

Deng had some exceptional playoff games.

There's no doubt he still can contribute and be a factor. The bigger question is, how many years can you feel good about offering him.

7 minutes ago, sturt said:

Deng had some exceptional playoff games.

There's no doubt he still can contribute and be a factor. The bigger question is, how many years can you feel good about offering him.

I have no clue.

46 minutes ago, Kimsey said:

I honestly thought Deng was 35-36, that sum bitch is "only" 31.

Well you know in the USA he is unless he plays Little League and someone finds out otherwise.

• Like 1

Lmao.. Supes has you all by the neck with a rope and you do not even realize it.

For all who are wondering about ole reliable supes sources I have some special information for you. Its the magic eightball stashed in his room under his bed. And about Deng being our main target I got some news for you all.. (Shakes magic eightball)__ ( shakes it again really good this time)

Well my sources tells me that the outlook is not so good. Sorry folks

• Premium Member

Supes is not an unknown quantity. I for one am comfortable that he's reporting accurately, but it's not like anyone should assume his source is Bud's secretary.

But it's also true that there are no givens even if the Deng report is accurate--once the top domino falls and depending on where he (KD) ends up, Deng and the other FA SFs will be getting calls, and it could be that he figures there's a better place for him to land.

2 minutes ago, sturt said:

Supes is not an unknown quantity. I for one am comfortable that he's reporting accurately, but it's not like anyone should assume his source is Bud's secretary.

But it's also true that there are no givens even if the Deng report is accurate--once the top domino falls and depending on where he (KD) ends up, Deng and the other FA SFs will be getting calls, and it could be that he figures there's a better place for him to land.

Yes you are right.. He is not unknown and that is the issue. Keep feeding the beast if you like.. Cheers

4 minutes ago, sturt said:

Bud has a secretary? Lol that's awesome.