Back up point guard update

marco102

My apologies if these stories have been posted.  

Looks like NY is looking to trade or cut Jared Jack. - http://nba.nbcsports.com/2016/06/29/report-utah-making-point-guard-trey-burke-available-in-trades/

Utah is looking to trade Trey Burke (possibly for a second rounder?) - http://nba.nbcsports.com/2016/06/29/report-nets-shopping-point-guard-jarrett-jack-if-cant-find-partner-will-waive-him/

Just now, kg01 said:

What the ...?  Based on what?

Based on he would be a back-up PG, young, if a 2nd rounder is the cost, and he can hit 3s.

I don't want some yearly rotation of guys on their last legs anymore. No Jack, no Kirk.

Get some guys who will actually improve with age alongside Dennis.

• Premium Member

Keep in mind that Utah has Trey Burke but still traded for Shelvin Mack to be their starter.  I'll pass on Burke.

If Jack is healthy I'd gladly bring him here. Before his injury last year he was averaging 13/7/4 (albeit on a bad team). He would be a good veteran to bring off the bench and he's a GT guy.

• Like 3

• Moderators

Do you guys not respect Quinn?  He benched Burke, traded for Mack to start in front of him, and now wants to give him away.  It is because Quinn has assessed the guy and sees him as a detriment to winning.  

Pass.

13 hours ago, RWF said:

Based on he would be a back-up PG, young, if a 2nd rounder is the cost, and he can hit 3s.

I don't want some yearly rotation of guys on their last legs anymore. No Jack, no Kirk.

Get some guys who will actually improve with age alongside Dennis.

13 hours ago, marco102 said:

Based on his ability to score from the point position AND he's cheap.

As @capstone21 so eloquently put, Burke has shown none of the skills y'all are attributing to him.  He's lucky to even be in the league.  He left his game in Ann Arbor.