• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

If we lose Al we still dont have a 3 Baze to the 2

hylndr11

All this talk about how great a 2 Baze is - and that its where he is going, hell he just tweeted how good a fit he is here,  if we dont sign Al then we still dont have a small forward just like if we do sign him.  Now with no money to get anyone else, nobody is trading for our bench players guys ITS NOT HAPPENING.  There is NO WAY this was the plan,  we still have time but some major new developments would have to happen. 

• Premium Member

I think that with defense at the rim... and in the midcourt.. we can afford to put Baze at the 3 for moments. 

IF we lose Horford.. we will have money to go out and get a three.   BUT  A 2/3 combination of Baze/THJr or Baze/Thabo or Baze/Kover will still work because we will have a rim protector. 

Harrison Barnes? Granted it is a extremely long shot seeing as how GSW will  probably match anything we were to offer.

6 minutes ago, hylndr11 said:

All this talk about how great a 2 Baze is - and that its where he is going, hell he just tweeted how good a fit he is here,  if we dont sign Al then we still dont have a small forward just like if we do sign him.  Now with no money to get anyone else, nobody is trading for our bench players guys ITS NOT HAPPENING.  There is NO WAY this was the plan,  we still have time but some major new developments would have to happen. 

We offered Horford a substantial amount the 1st day. We scheduled the sit down with Dwight as soon as we could, we offered him the money as soon as we could. We offered Bazemore the money on the 2nd day. How can you say none of this was by a plan? When everything points to it being the plan.

If Horford balked so be it. D12 and Bazemore did not. Two out of three signed so far. Not a bad plan IMO. If you want to see a really bad plan to complain about, go post on the Mavericks or Nets board. You should have plenty of ammo for them.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
Just now, NBASupes said:

Right now, we only have 3 million dollars in cap space. Remember, we have to clear cap to resign Al. 

If this was part of the plan, then I'm sure before we offered to Baze, we already had trades lined up. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ViewsFromTheSquawk said:

If we wanted Barnes we would've offered before they got their interview with KD. It would've forced their hand one way or another.... 

And we would have offered before Bazemore or Dwight was agreed with. No way we could land all three. Barnes may have some upside; but he has not shown a lot of it this past season. I do like his size at SF, that's about it.

1 minute ago, Buzzard said:

And we would have offered before Bazemore or Dwight was agreed with. No way we could land all three. Barnes may have some upside; but he has not shown a lot of it this past season. I do like his size at SF, that's about it.

Much rather go get Mo Harkless for about 10mil and develop him in classic Bud fashion! Lol I'm looking forward to this season. Will definitely be attending at least 1 Indiana game and maybe the Wiz/Bos game depending on where Al signs if he leaves 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I think that with defense at the rim... and in the midcourt.. we can afford to put Baze at the 3 for moments. 

IF we lose Horford.. we will have money to go out and get a three.   BUT  A 2/3 combination of Baze/THJr or Baze/Thabo or Baze/Kover will still work because we will have a rim protector. 

I don't know where you are getting this money from. Maybe I read wrong but last thing I did see was 40 in cap clear if Horford walks. That is just about what D12 and Baze signed for. Maybe we have 6 million or so free that I don't know about; but it cannot be a lot.

2 minutes ago, ViewsFromTheSquawk said:

Much rather go get Mo Harkless for about 10mil and develop him in classic Bud fashion! Lol I'm looking forward to this season. Will definitely be attending at least 1 Indiana game and maybe the Wiz/Bos game depending on where Al signs if he leaves 

I may try and make a Pacers game as well! I have been to four or five but not in a couple of years.

We can still sign the "Duck" Marvin Williams again I'm sure everyone would love to see him waddle around and be our favorite online whipping boy again lol

11 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

We offered Horford a substantial amount the 1st day. We scheduled the sit down with Dwight as soon as we could, we offered him the money as soon as we could. We offered Bazemore the money on the 2nd day. How can you say none of this was by a plan? When everything points to it being the plan.

If Horford balked so be it. D12 and Bazemore did not. Two out of three signed so far. Not a bad plan IMO. If you want to see a really bad plan to complain about, go post on the Mavericks or Nets board. You should have plenty of ammo for them.

I get what you are saying but not really what the MO or what the team has been saying, if horford balked its because we never were really going to go all out for him,  if we really wanted him then it should never have gotten this far, trades should have been lined up not like well see what happens guys dont work on this all year without some plan, Im very surprised we arent trading multiple players to the Nets, or even gotten a decent wing from Denver or Utah although I dont who they would replace Galli or Hayward with.  Just seems like if your going to get Howard to get that extra piece we were missing and so many ppl said AL makes this team go, then why would we let him go - it doesnt change things now unless we find a scoring starter if we lose AL, its not an improvement, basing this on the notion that Al was very important to the team to be able to function.  If he never really was then fine,  why all the hoopla over AL in FA and other teams, clearly he must be, do you see what im saying ?

7 minutes ago, hylndr11 said:

its not an improvement, basing this on the notion that Al was very important to the team to be able to function.  If he never really was then fine,  why all the hoopla over AL in FA and other teams, clearly he must be, do you see what im saying ?

You cannot ignore the fact that D12 during his two worse seasons is still a top five post playing center. Al is a top ten PF/C. Neither of these two type players grow on trees. I understand completely why any team needing a center or power forward would be pumped about getting them.

Its not hoopla, Al is a good player. But if we lose anyone by getting D12, either SAP or Horford can go with the least amount of impact. Its not what we want, but it may be what we have to accept.

Edited by Buzzard