• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I hate the Celtics so much because__________?

ThomasCredle

13 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

We moved to Albany, Georgia in 1969. I started playing pick up games around then and got my mom to buy me the greatest 100 NBA Players paper back book in the 6th or 7th grade. I was just marveling at all the great players then. It was not until we moved to the Atlanta area in 74 that I became a die hard Hawks fan.

From that point on, I really did not follow any other team :)

We moved to Atlanta in '67 when I was eleven. Started watching NBA more at that time because we came from a one tv station town where Sunday afternoons had one game to watch. So between '68 and '70 is when I developed as a Hawk's groupie. Hazard, Lou, Washington, Bridges and Bellamy were on those teams back then playing over at Georgia Tech. You might remember that Joe Washington guy became an Atlanta tv sportscaster for a while. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Thomas said:

We moved to Atlanta in '67 when I was eleven. Started watching NBA more at that time because we came from a one tv station town where Sunday afternoons had one game to watch. So between '68 and '70 is when I developed as a Hawk's groupie. Hazard, Lou, Washington, Bridges and Bellamy were on those teams back then playing over at Georgia Tech. You might remember that Joe Washington guy became an Atlanta tv sportscaster for a while. 

I do but barely; in 74 I was 16. Tree Rollins, John Drew, Danny Roundfield, and Eddie Johnson are some of the early players I remember seeing once I started going to games around 1976/77. Lou Hudson was at the end of his career back then. At 16, I played sports and thought watching them on TV was what people my dad's age did lol

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

I do but barely; in 74 I was 16. Tree Rollins, John Drew, Danny Roundfield, and Eddie Johnson are some of the early players I remember seeing once I started going to games around 1976/77. Lou Hudson was at the end of his career back then. At 16, I played sports and thought watching them was what people my dad's age did lol

Yeah Fast Eddie Johnson! Do remember him test driving a Porsche near Northlake Mall and not returning with it. Next thing you know doctors put him on lithium because of his cocaine issue and he became Slow Eddie Johnson. He was fantastic to watch when he was on.

• Like 1