• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I hate the Celtics so much because__________?

ThomasCredle

This one is just for fun!   Everyone share the the cause of their Celtic hate (I'm assuming many share my extreme dislike).

Paul Pierces bitching and moaning, Garnett's tough guy act, Rando's punk attitude,  the Bird era playoff dominance of the Hawks, and their obnoxious fans top my list...   

There are so many reasons I can't wait to hear some other people's main reasons.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

Tommy Heinshon ... Worst commentator in all of sports of all time .... HATE HIM

celtspost_heinsohn_0416161460859217310_3

"If they can go out and stay aggressive at both ends of the floor, they can beat this team because (Al) Horford, as much as you think he’s a great player, he’s not a great player. Get a man on him and he has trouble scoring.”

• Like 3

Just now, GameTime said:

celtspost_heinsohn_0416161460859217310_3

"If they can go out and stay aggressive at both ends of the floor, they can beat this team because (Al) Horford, as much as you think he’s a great player, he’s not a great player. Get a man on him and he has trouble scoring.”

I wonder what tune he is signing now?

i also have to say I thought this thread would have more activity.   I guess my hated of the Celtics is a lot bigger than most Squawkers!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Honestly, most of us hated Paul Pierce more than the Celtics team/organization as a whole.

I can see that my hatred did burn a little less intensely when he , rondo, and KG left...

1 minute ago, Spud2Nique said:

Heinsohn...Bird....Pierce....Garnett...Rondo...Ainge....need I go on?

I'm sure you could find a couple more reasons lol

41 minutes ago, ThomasCredle said:

I'm sure you could find a couple more reasons lol

Oh there's one more I can think of but I'm not gonna say that name again lol

For me it started around 1970 and they or the Knicks spanked us in the playoffs all the time. Their crowds have been really obnoxious for the entire forty five plus years I have watched. Old fashioned hate I guess.

• Moderators

But I really do hate Boston sports... Especially the Celtics. I don't mind Brady as much but the fans... God I hate their f'ing fans. Obnoxious as it gets. Only fans I hate more is Raider fans for them taking fanhood to gang levels. Sports ain't that serious y'all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Mine started in the 80s with us coming up 2nd fiddle to Bird and Celtics. Until then, I really had no problem with them and kind of admired their history lol

Before Bird there were years and years of Havlicek's bank shots sealing our fate. John Wayne was not the only "hondo" around. Always have disliked the Celtics intensely. 

10 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Before Bird there were years and years of Havlicek's bank shots sealing our fate. John Wayne was not the only "hondo" around. Always have disliked the Celtics intensely. 

We moved to Albany, Georgia in 1969. I started playing pick up games around then and got my mom to buy me the greatest 100 NBA Players paper back book in the 6th or 7th grade. I was just marveling at all the great players then. It was not until we moved to the Atlanta area in 74 that I became a die hard Hawks fan.

From that point on, I really did not follow any other team :)

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 1