• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

REALISTIC Best Case Scenario moving into the season

hylndr11

I think we are set, at this point - if we trade anything its going to net us nothing better - we have to think splitter will be healthy and baze and Dennis get better, getting rid of scott or tiago totally kills the frontcourt depth - we cant sign anyone like scott for what hes at, or Tiago, ideally we want another scorer but for us we dont have the assets to give.   If things are shitty and not coming together by the deadline, OK

Trade Paul and try to get picks and young talent, probably try and trade Dwight too especially if it looks like we are making progress with him, his contract will look like a steal - AT LEAST get some quality picks and young talent to build with; 

That would be the ideal "tanking" strategy - as mentioned before this new latest dynamic really doesnt bode well at ALL for tanking in a traditional sense too many teams trying to do it, if Boston is kicking ass or CLE or any other teams do better than expected we might be able to pull some serious building blocks from them at the deadline, although when you have two teams that are so far superior to every other one it will be a challenge. 

Here is my question - does anyone here really keep up with college and what the next couple drafts would look like,  is there anyone up and coming that looks to be a talent we should target?  I guess well find out by the deadline, if the staff thinks there is. 

That said the team will be very interesting to watch to see how bad this gets or if by some miracle this actually works. 

PS - is AL horford fking serious not even saying farewell to the fans, hes said a million times how well he was treated here - Im looking at all these players that left there teams and its all respect.  What did we do to really piss this guy off - all this bullshit out there about Howard, OK but he wanted to play with another bigger guy - none of it adds up at all.  I hope one day we get the full story,  Im sure it wasnt just one thing but do you really let ur agent have that much control in changing towns for endoresments and ur family in ur ear - this isnt the NFL. but both KD and Horford got articles out there about making a big splash to shake things up. 

CAN NOT WAIT to play Boston,  and would pay big money to see Dwight throw alice down to the floor. 

Edited by hylndr11

I agree with @TheNorthCydeRises this could be a really good team 50-55 wins if everything pans out, the gel quickly, and most of the team stays healthy.

I do worry about how long it will take the team to integrate all the new pieces. I wouldn't be surprised if come end of December they are at .500 or a little worse.  No one should take that as an indication of how the team will finish. They have a lot of new moving parts, especially on the offensive side. That said, I wouldn't be surprised to see them get in a grove in early March and make a big run in the playoffs.

overall, this team looks like the grindhouse teams of the 90s in the east conference.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hylndr11 said:

I think we are set, at this point - if we trade anything its going to net us nothing better - we have to think splitter will be healthy and baze and Dennis get better, getting rid of scott or tiago totally kills the frontcourt depth - we cant sign anyone like scott for what hes at, or Tiago, ideally we want another scorer but for us we dont have the assets to give.   If things are shitty and not coming together by the deadline, OK

Trade Paul and try to get picks and young talent, probably try and trade Dwight too especially if it looks like we are making progress with him, his contract will look like a steal - AT LEAST get some quality picks and young talent to build with; 

That would be the ideal "tanking" strategy - as mentioned before this new latest dynamic really doesnt bode well at ALL for tanking in a traditional sense too many teams trying to do it, if Boston is kicking ass or CLE or any other teams do better than expected we might be able to pull some serious building blocks from them at the deadline, although when you have two teams that are so far superior to every other one it will be a challenge. 

Here is my question - does anyone here really keep up with college and what the next couple drafts would look like,  is there anyone up and coming that looks to be a talent we should target?  I guess well find out by the deadline, if the staff thinks there is. 

That said the team will be very interesting to watch to see how bad this gets or if by some miracle this actually works. 

PS - is AL horford fking serious not even saying farewell to the fans, hes said a million times how well he was treated here - Im looking at all these players that left there teams and its all respect.  What did we do to really piss this guy off - all this bullshit out there about Howard, OK but he wanted to play with another bigger guy - none of it adds up at all.  I hope one day we get the full story,  Im sure it wasnt just one thing but do you really let ur agent have that much control in changing towns for endoresments and ur family in ur ear - this isnt the NFL. but both KD and Horford got articles out there about making a big splash to shake things up. 

CAN NOT WAIT to play Boston,  and would pay big money to see Dwight throw alice down to the floor. 

I'm sorry.....I can't seem to get past this statement.  Maybe I'm misreading it cuz, you know, it's Tuesday after the 4th and I'm back at work and not really fully with it today, but ARE YOU REALLY FREAKING CLAIMING THAT BOSTON IS FAR SUPERIOR TO EVERYONE ELSE NOT NAMED CLEVELAND?????

I mean, like, REALLY? 

They sub out (of starting) 10.3 pts / 8.3 Reb / 2.3 Ast / 0.6 Blk per game in Jared Sullinger and sub in Alice and his 15.2 pts / 7.3 Reb / 3.2 Ast / 1.5 Blks per game.  It's a net gain but it's marginal for a team that was middle of the pack in offensive efficiency last season.  They also lost Evan Turner and his 10.5 pts a game. 

PG: Thomas

SG: Bradley

SF: Crowder

PF: Jerebko

C: Alice

How is that "far superior to every other team"??? 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

I'm sorry.....I can't seem to get past this statement.  Maybe I'm misreading it cuz, you know, it's Tuesday after the 4th and I'm back at work and not really fully with it today, but ARE YOU REALLY FREAKING CLAIMING THAT BOSTON IS FAR SUPERIOR TO EVERYONE ELSE NOT NAMED CLEVELAND?????

I mean, like, REALLY? 

They sub out (of starting) 10.3 pts / 8.3 Reb / 2.3 Ast / 0.6 Blk per game in Jared Sullinger and sub in Alice and his 15.2 pts / 7.3 Reb / 3.2 Ast / 1.5 Blks per game.  It's a net gain but it's marginal for a team that was middle of the pack in offensive efficiency last season.  They also lost Evan Turner and his 10.5 pts a game. 

No NOT AT ALL - Im sorry, brain thinking faster than typing, when I was talking about 2 teams Im talking about GS and CLE obviously but I see I didnt say that clearly - 

I agree with all posts here - Im just saying if things dont go well, THIS is the best case "tanking" scenario - I HOPE it doesnt happen, I do have plenty of hope for this year for the exact reason northcyde talks about.  and am really excited just see it - if we can really change the perception of Dwight, like has been said, if this can happen, it will change the game for the HAWKS moving forward - the press will jump all over it and we wont be a whipping boy anymore.

Thanks for the replies

hace 43 minutos, REHawksFan dijo:

I mean, like, REALLY? 

Sullinger was their best rebounder by far, he was a great rebounder, and they were a poor rebounding team. If they don't re-sign him, watch out for Tristan Thompson, Drummond, Whiteside,  Valanciunas, Biyombo and Howard grab 20 rebounds against them. The East is getting bigger.

and I think Celtics are just another hawks/spurs clone - they still dont have a star player like we dont, but the spurs did whether its robinson/duncan or all the guys that one several years ago - I dont think they win anymore games. 

I wouldn't advise blowing it up mid-season but I personally follow college hoops and the upcoming draft has a lot of potential star talent. 

Josh Jackson & Harry Giles definitely look the part. But there are a LOT of really good players coming out, a number of intriguing Point Guards to be honest. (Lonzo Ball, Markelle Fultz, De'Aaron Fox, Kobi Simmons) This draft is gonna be really deep. I don't think we should tank when a bunch of other teams will be anyways lol. 

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, Flight said:

I wouldn't advise blowing it up mid-season but I personally follow college hoops and the upcoming draft has a lot of potential star talent. 

Josh Jackson & Harry Giles definitely look the part. But there are a LOT of really good players coming out, a number of intriguing Point Guards to be honest. (Lonzo Ball, Markelle Fultz, De'Aaron Fox, Kobi Simmons) This draft is gonna be really deep. I don't think we should tank when a bunch of other teams will be anyways lol. 

Could those two sound more like members of a boy band?

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, AHF said:

Could those two sound more like members of a boy band?

You aaaaaaaareeeee myyyyyy fiiiireee....the one desirrrrreee...take it @kg01...ur better at this...lol